Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2024

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
42 minutes

It's the same night in Salem since people are wearing the same clothes.

Sloan is on the phone with Eric. He tells her about Holly and he can't come home now since he wants to see Theresa. They hang up. There's a knock on Sloan's door. It's Melinda.

Alex and Theresa (still in her New Year's Eve outfit) are discussing what happened to Tate. She tried to contact Shane, but he's undercover and can't be reached. She knows Andrew won't help because she's a screw up. She knows that because what she's done before and recently. Alex asks what she means recently? (flashback with Konstantin and talking about Alex being an heir). Theresa doesn't answer.

Marlena is in the townhouse when Brady comes home. He's upset he can't see Tate until tomorrow. He feels defeated and calls himself the worst father in the world.

John is talking to Steve at the pub. He can't believe Tate is going to be tried as an adult because of EJ. He hopes Brady will get through this.

At the Salem Inn, Konstantin is looking at a computer. Then he pulls out photos. He says he knows that person is dead. He decides to do more research.

Brady and Marlena are on the couch. Marlena says he's not a bad father. She says she's meeting Steve and John for supper. She asks him come. He agrees. There's a pounding on the door. It's Kristen. She's furious because Brady forgot to come see Rachel. Brady tries to explain. Marlena says there's been a family crisis and to listen to Brady. Before Marlena leaves, she says to Kristen that Rachel's grandparents would like to see her.

Konstantin is looking at his phone outside pub. He sees Maggie is at the hospital visiting Holly. He decides to get flowers for Holly. He looks inside pub and sees Steve and John.

Melinda tells Sloan she came as fast as she could. Sloan tells her she can't take it anymore. Melinda says to calm down. Sloan feels guilty and wants to give the baby back. Sloan was wrong not pressing charges against Nicole when she took Jude. She knows Nicole kidnapped him. She says it's hard to do things with lack of sleep and balancing work and being a parent. She says there are money problems because Leo is blackmailing her.

There's a knock on Alex's door. It's Eric. He came over to give Theresa something. He hugs he and says he just came from seeing Nicole and Holly. Eric says he's been praying for Holly and Tate, and that he can't judge either one of them. He tells her 8 years ago he was driving drunk and killed Holly's father (does Holly know that?) Eric went to prison and he had to forgive himself. He tells Theresa he'll do anything to help.

John is trying to keep Brady from EJ. He knows EJ is doing it for revenge. Konstantin enters the pub and comes to their table. John and Steve stand up. He says you're not happy to see me, and that running him out of town was a failure. He came by to get some clam chowder. Steve talks about taking him to the airport. Konstantin says the only way he's leaving is either having them kidnap him again or kill him (I like the last idea).

Brady tells Kristen that Tate is in jail and Holly is in the hospital because she overdosed. He tells Kristen that EJ is trying Tate as an adult. Kristen was out of town and had no idea what was going on. (she needs to sign up for news alerts in Salem). Brady is afraid to tell Rachel why he forgot to see her. Kristen says she will tell her. Brady says who are you and what have you done with Kristen DiMera? (good question). Kristen tells Brady that Rachel is having nightmares of Brady being dead. Brady says he misses Rachel a lot especially over Christmas. He asks if he can still see Rachel. Kristen agrees, but tells him if he hurts Rachel again he will pay (there she is).

Theresa wants Eric to talk to Nicole about Tate. She wants Nicole to talk to EJ. Eric says he will, but not today. He tells Theresa to be good to herself. He then says he has another gift and pulls out a rosary. He says it's Grandma Caroline's rosary and she gave it to him because he was a priest. Eric leaves. Later, Alex sees Theresa praying with the rosary. He surprised to see her doing that since she's not a religious person. She says Amen and crosses herself. She says she doesn't practice her faith, but she stills a Catholic. Alex says she looks very sexy when she prays. He tries to kiss her. She pushes him away. (what a toad).

Konstantin sits down and talks about how John was lurking in the shadows like an assassin when Steve was talking to him. He talks about John keeping his hands clean. John talks about the ISA taking Konstantin to an island and leaving him there. Konstantin mentions an island Aria. Steve looks surprised. John says he doesn't know that place. Steve mentions he was a Merchant Marine and maybe he was there, but forgot. Steve is upset. All three get up from the table. Konstantin says he will leave when he wants to. Marlena walks in.

Melinda's not happy Leo knows the truth about Jude. She realizes she didn't send Dimitri away fast enough. Sloan says Leo thinks I did it. Melinda is relived Leo doesn't know she's involved. Sloan thinks Nicole took Jude on purpose and she was being nice not putting her in jail. She wants Nicole in jail, but feels bad for her about Holly. Eric walks in. He's surprised to see Melinda. Sloan says Melinda is visiting her godson. Eric is surprised again. Sloan says they have Jude because of Melinda. Melinda decides to leave and let her know when the christening is. As Melinda leaves, she tells Sloan to remember what they talked about. She says baby-proofing the apartment and keeping him safe.

Alex says bad timing. He only wanted to make her feel better. He talks about how their relationship is only physical and he wants it to be emotional. He tells her he's sorry and holds her. Alex says it's crazy how the world throws people together just when they need them. He's grateful he met her.

Eric asks how Sloan is? She says having a fussy baby and work takes a lot out of her. Eric says he'll make dinner. She likes that because she hasn't thought about food. He leaves and Sloan folds baby clothes.

Kristen is getting ready to leave and will set up a date for him to see Rachel. He says the holiday was rough when he couldn't see her. Kristen tells him she spoiled Rachel. She got her special ear buds and Rachel danced around. She'll send Brady a video. Brady gets emotional about the kids. Kristen holds his hand. He cries. Kristen says the kids love him. She touches his face then hugs him.

Konstantin talks to Marlena about being John's wife. Marlena is surprised to see him. He says he's leaving since he no longer wants clam chowder. He says to John and Steve he'll think about their requests.

Outside the pub, Konstantin saw Steve's face when he said Aria. Then he wonders if after all these years he's alive?

Inside pub, Marlena wants to know what's going on? Marlena thought he was gone. Steve says he will be gone and soon. You can count on that.

Today Kristen's wearing the black and white checked winter coat. Eve has worn in the past. The coat still reminds me of the couch my parents used to have since it's the same pattern.

On another message board years ago, we made a fun of characters wanting their baby back. We thought of this.

I thought it was interesting when phone call ended Eric said I love you. Sloan did not. Glad she is getting a conscience, but Melinda is there to talk her out of it. And yes Eric. It was weird. Something is up. Leo needs to get a conscience quick.

Wasn't Holly born after Daniel died? So they really shouldn't have said 8 years ago.

I certainly did not miss Kristen. Does she ever think of that little boy she bounced on her knee? Knew she couldn't just be nice. Maybe Rachel needs to be asked who she wants to live with.

So tired of Konstantin and creating a ridiculous story about John Black is not going to make me like him.

Wasn't Holly born after Daniel died? So they really shouldn't have said 8 years ago.
Yes, Daniel died January 4, 2016. Holly was born on December 24, 2016 from a frozen embryo that Nicole and Daniel had from IVF treatments, with Chloe as their surrogate. The first round wasn't successful, but Chloe had herself implanted with another embryo after that, without telling Nicole, in case she couldn't bring the baby to term.

In real time, Holly should've just turned 7 (or 8 if you still count the time jump, which Days has apparently forgotten).

Tate was born in 2015 and should be turning 9 in March/April.

That's the problem with SORAS'ing kids more than a couple years. It's known that Daniel died before Holly was born, and since she just turned 17, then by SORAS'ing rules, he's been dead 18 years (since he died nearly a year before she was born). By saying Daniel died 8 years ago, then we have to pretend he was in Holly's life for the first 9 years. As the kids say "the math ain't mathing" :rolleyes:

Konstantin has become unbearable. How dare this cheap crook defy the mighty Steve and John? It’s time to go nuclear. Tarring and feathering would be a good start.

Pity poor Brady, fearing he might be a bad father. This question put to students of the Salem scene might be: “Class, is Brady Black a bad father? Discuss.”

Shyster Sloan and her on-again-off-again conscience are becoming tiresome. Maybe, hard-case Melinda can put an end to this nonsense by reminding her what it would be like to be seriously subjected to Eric’s patented “hurt look.”

Finally, if the Kritter wants to help Brady, she could begin by unleashing her nasty mouth on dear brother EJ. Even a puffed-up big shot like Elvis night be deflated by Kristen’s sharp tongue.

How does everybody afford to eat out all the time???? Once in a while it'd be nice to see people doing everyday things that we all do. I guess Sloan was folding laundry but rarely do we see conversations being had over say, Kayla making dinner. Just something that popped in my head.
I agree with that Muzz, before and after the pandemic we cook 90% of our meals. When we do go out it is often not better than what we make at home. It's no wonder so many are struggling.

They’re trying so hard to make something of this Konstantin story and it’s just flopping. I keep forgetting about the Alex/Xander connection with Theresa. They do these stories then go away from them for weeks to the point you forget.

For the love of God, please don’t let Brady get sucked back into Kristen’s web. It was nice that she comforted him as he was falling apart but let’s not set up any sort of rekindling. We know Brady doesn’t deal well with being solo for long.

Kristen seems up to something, so I wouldn’t worry about Brady going down that road again.

Didn’t she give birth to Tate? I thought she stole Theresa’s embryo from her body and implanted it into herself, gave birth, named him something else and then the truth came out. Maybe she feels some attachment to him.

Thanks for the summary. Another sleep-inducing show, besides Kristen seeming almost humane. As good as it is to see the vets on the show, the Konstantin storyline is a total dud. Even Chloe being hired as a hooker by Quinn Hudson was more entertaining, and that's saying a lot!

Sick of Sloan and Melinda always coming over. Enough is enough.

Back