Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, March 26, 2024

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
39 minutes. A filler episode with repeated conversations.

It's Tuesday. Harold said twice.

Outside night shot of the hospital. Stephanie gets off the elevator with two bags. She walks over to Kayla at the nurses' desk and hugs her. Stephanie says she has two gifts for Wendy and Tripp. Kayla asks from who? Stephanie says to go with her. Kayla says she has something too, discharge papers to sign.

Wendy and Tripp are laying together in a hospital bed, holding hands. Wendy tells Tripp she's said it before, but she's never felt closer to him. Not just what they went through, but how brave he was. He made her feel safe. Tripp says he feels the same way. She remembers the proposal and saying vows. She doesn't remember his answer when she asked him if he would do it for real. She would like answer now.

At Abe and Paulina's apartment, they're on the couch. They're both glad to be at home. Paulina talks about how she comforted herself because she knew someone watching her. Either God or a guardian angel. She needed to believe it to keep on going. Abe said he's done that too. They talk about they know now it's not just wishful thinking. He holds her and they kiss.

Alex is in his office writing a note. Brady comes in and wants to talk to Alex now about his relationship with Kristen.

Kristen in the DiMansion living room, drinking wine. Theresa walks in. Kristen wondered who was at the door. Theresa says Harold let her in. Theresa wants to know Kristen's endgame with Alex.

Before Tripp can answer, Stephanie and Kayla burst into the room. Stephanie gives Tripp and Wendy the bags. The gifts are from Joey. Kayla tells them to hurry up and open them. Later, Wendy is holding two clear beer steins. They're engraved "Cheers to Life". Tripp opens his bag and pulls out a six pack of his favorite beer from Seattle. There's a knock on the door. It's Jada. She has follow-up questions about Tripp and Wendy's kidnapping.

Kristen tells Theresa there's no endgame with Alex. They're just dating. Theresa asks why she's interested in him now? Kristen says he wasn't available before. Kristen tells Theresa the qualities she likes especially his abs. Theresa says she didn't give up Alex. He gave her a pity proposal. Kristen asks why she cares since she's with Brady? Theresa says nothing going on with her and Brady. She's staying in Tate's room. She and Brady are united together to help Tate.

Kristen tells Theresa she'll tell her the real reason she's with Alex. (probably not). Kristen says she's single and needs companionship. Alex is witty and sexy. Kristen says Rachel will benefit from a positive male influence. Theresa says that's Brady's job. Kristen says in a perfect life Rachel would have both of her parents together. Theresa says parent's don't have to be together to co-parent. Kristen says it's better for a child to be with both parents. Then Kristen tells Theresa if someone was to help her be with Brady then Alex wouldn't stand a chance (bingo). Theresa leaves.

Alex tells Brady his relationship with Kristen is none of his business. Brady wants to know what he's going to do about Rachel since she's his child? Alex says being a stepdad to a 8 year old isn't on his to do list. Brady reminds him he dated Theresa, the mother of his son, and now Kristen, the mother of his daughter. Alex wants to know what he's accusing him of?

Brady says Theresa doesn't like Kristen. It's like two feral cats in a bag. Brady talks about Theresa seeing Alex kissing Kristen. Alex says Theresa left him. Brady knows he cares about Theresa from the way he reacted after she got high. Brady says if Alex is trying to make Theresa jealous it will blow up in his face. Alex reminds Brady he saw Brady kiss Theresa on the couch when he came home. Brady tells Alex he is dealing with two women who need a lot of work and his life will be miserable.

Jada talks to Wendy in the hospital room. Jada is glad she's ok. She says kudos for knowing the word "beer" in sign language. Wendy hoped someone would get it. Jada says they did, but it took awhile. Jada wants to be sure if she had anything else to say? Did Goldman say anything about Clyde and where he went?

Wendy says Goldman didn't say anything about where she was going. She goes over how they were kidnapped on Valentine's Day. Tripp and Wendy heard sounds on the way to the beer tank. Goldman showed up with food and water. Later, they heard the vents close. They exchanged wedding vows and held each other until they stopped breathing. Jada tells her thanks for the help, and says if Wendy and Tripp really got married, it would last.

Tripp, Stephanie and Kayla are sitting by the nurses' station. Tripp asks Stephanie what's been going on with her? Stephanie says you don't need to know now. Tripp's phone rings. It's his mom and he walks away. Kayla asks Stephanie if she saw the icy look Jada gave her? Kayla says when Stephanie wants to talk, she'll listen. Tripp comes back and says his mom is going to have a car pick them up when they leave. Kayla tells Tripp she and Steve will keep an extra watch on him since he's been gone. Tripp has to live with that.

Stephanie asks Tripp how she and Wendy survived? He says they got food and water. After Stephanie asks how they didn't go crazy, Tripp said they took imaginary trips and even got married. Later, Tripp tells them what he said at the end of wedding. Kayla says it sounds romantic. Tripp says he asked Wendy if she would marry him for real. Wendy said yes. Kayla is touched by what he said. She says they are young and they should wait to think about marriage. Jada comes up and wants to talk to Tripp. Stephanie and Kayla leave.

Kristen is listening to music with earpods when Brady walks in. Harold let him in after he rang the doorbell. Brady talked to Alex. Alex told Brady what he's doing with Kristen is fun and games. Alex is not ready to be stepdad and he's not serious. Kristen says Brady is jealous. Brady says he's not jealous. He's there because of Rachel. Kristen says Rachel would be better off with her parents together. Brady doesn't want to go down that road. Brady says they're the Hindenburg of relationships (that's a fact). Kristen talks about how great they were in the bedroom, then kisses him. He pushes her away.

Theresa arrives at Alex's apartment. He wonders if she's getting her stuff? She hasn't been at the office since she's working remotely. Alex says Kristen a wild child. Theresa wants to talk about their relationship. She says she overreacted after his pity proposal. Alex says moving out was a major reaction. Theresa says she's misses him. She knows he misses her too. She gets close to kiss him. (Alex has flashback talking to Kristen on the phone. She says don't mess things up.) Alex tells Theresa this isn't a good idea and she needs to leave now.

Jada asks Tripp if Goldman said anything about where she and Clyde going? Was anyone with Goldman? Tripp says no. He gets a text from his mom, asking if he's almost ready? Tripp asks Jada if she has any more questions? Jada says not at this time, but this is still an open investigation. Tripp wants them caught, but he wants to go home.

Stephanie and Kayla arrive at Wendy's room. Stephanie tells Wendy that Tripp told them how they coped and kept their spirits up. Kayla says the vows were beautiful. Stephanie hugs Wendy and is glad Tripp wasn't alone.

Meanwhile, Paulina and Abe are discussing their miracles. She was hallucinating and not sure where Lexie was taking her. Paulina says her fear disappeared and she had peace. She loves Abe with all her heart. Paulina makes a confession that she's jealous of Lexie. Paulina wants to be the love of his life. She wants to be special to him. Abe says she's the one that he loves now. They kiss. Paulina wants to stay home for a week. Abe says they should plan a long vacation, and go somewhere that's tropical. How about Tahiti? They both lean back on couch and close their eyes, thinking about the ocean.

Kristen tells Brady she still wants him. Brady says they're a train wreck. Brady leaves. Kristen says to herself his mouth says no, but his lips say yes.

Theresa asks if he's sure this is what he wants? She tells Alex she'll go. He watches her leave. Before she closes the door, she hopes she'll see him again.

Paulina opens her eyes. Her heart is beating fast. She thinks her heart can beat faster for bit. Paulina says Kayla didn't say she couldn't do any extreme exercise. She wants to take it for a test drive, so they go into the bedroom.

Wendy and Tripp are sitting in wheelchairs by nurses' station. Wendy thought their paperwork was done. Tripp says Kayla is doing it now then they can roll. He gets text from his mom that the car is waiting for them. Tripp tells Wendy he loves her a lot, but they need to take their time. Wendy says to make life-altering decisions. He says one day at time. He rolls over and kisses her.

Brady is eating French fries outside the Bistro. Theresa comes over and sits down. She asks if his drink is regular or diet? It's regular. She says this is simple and easy with him. Alex is different. Theresa eats some fries. Brady says when Kristen shows her true colors, Alex will run for the hills. They eat fries together.

Alex texting Kristen. He says Theresa came by and I stuck to the plan. And Kristen better be right. Kristen texts that Brady was here and it will work. Eye on the prize, as she sips wine.

Thanks Kat!

sitting outside the bistro, eating food, in Chicago area........or at least northern Illinois or very southern Wisconsin.....in March! LOLOL.........Nope, sorry, it is still cold, windy, maybe even snowing or sleeting, or if lucky, just rain. If Salem was in CA, AZ, Florida or any southern state, I'd not say a word, but being located (as noted in episodes thru the years) it is located in northern midwest area......close to Chicago........writers gotta pay more attention! Then again, they rarely mention that it snowed during Salem's winter months. LOLOLOL

sitting outside the bistro, eating food, in Chicago area........or at least northern Illinois or very southern Wisconsin.....in March! LOLOL.........Nope, sorry, it is still cold, windy, maybe even snowing or sleeting, or if lucky, just rain.
Ahhh, you forget about the magical dome that opens and closes for bad weather and keeps Horton Town Square climate controlled. :rolleyes:

Too bad the writers haven't, Tina,,,,,,,,,maybe they get these story ideas (or dialogue ideas) from their own kids' bad behavior.......and forget they are supposed to be portraying adults.

Yes Kristen is 60 and saying Alex might give Rachel a little brother or sister. Kristen is ridiculous. And her obsession with Brady, a man 25 years younger than her is getting really old. She lies so much but she did kind of admit to Theresa why she's doing this with Alex asking for Theresa's help too. I remember years and years ago when Kristen was with John I actually liked her. But that was years ago.

I am really, really not a Wendy/Tripp fan. So don't want the recap of their captivity told again and again. We imagined trips, we said our vows. Yada yada yada. Really tired of Wendy being so whiny. I would swear she was a lot stronger before.

Ahhh, you forget about the magical dome that opens and closes for bad weather and keeps Horton Town Square climate controlled. :rolleyes:
I was just going to ask if the Square wasn't covered when it was built. Can't remember that being mentioned in a long time. Was it just for precipitation or for temperature control? I'd love to see a schematic of the place.

Brady tells Alex he is dealing with two women who need a lot of work and his life will be miserable.
Um, spoken by the man who already IS dealing with both women and he should know! I actually don't know what any man would want with either of these two women, once they have had some "fun" with them. I am certainly not saying that Brady is any prize, either.

I was just going to ask if the Square wasn't covered when it was built. Can't remember that being mentioned in a long time. Was it just for precipitation or for temperature control? I'd love to see a schematic of the place.
There was a brief comment when Horton Town Square was first built that it had a retractable dome for rain/snow and to keep it climate controlled as needed. :rolleyes:

If I remember correctly, in the beginning, it was outdoors. Apparently they can't afford that now, so we have to assume it's more of a mall.

Oh, LisaK, don't forget Brady is John's son. We don't know which life John was living when Brady was growing up!

Dear God, Kristen is 60.
Alas in soapdom it appears that there are just a couple of age groups. Doll-in-blanket, pram, toddler, sent to boarding school or camp, troubled and old enough to drive teen, 20ish, older than 20ish, then matriarch and patriarch.

Victoria and Jude are in the doll-in-blanket phase. Thomas and Charlotte are almost to the sent-to-boarding-school/camp/grandparents phase. Holly and Tate are troubled but old enough to drive teens. Everyone else is older than 20ish. Doug, Julie, Maggie, Marlena, John, Kayla and Steve are in the matriarch/patriarch phase.

If I remember correctly, in the beginning, it was outdoors. Apparently they can't afford that now, so we have to assume it's more of a mall.
No, Horton Town Square is still an outdoor venue. But over the years, I guess to save money, production has greatly decreased its size to what we see now. We just have to figure the retractable dome is still in use during the winter months.

The whole Horton Town Square set is much smaller than it was when they first built it. Also, in many of the interviews leading up to the reveal of the square, we were told the entire set could spin 360 degrees to show it from all sides, and the stores/establishments around the square would act as individual mini sets and we'd see the Salemites going into the businesses, interacting in them, and so forth. None of that ever happened. Then it started getting smaller and smaller, and is now just a fraction of its original size.

sitting outside the bistro, eating food, in Chicago area........or at least northern Illinois or very southern Wisconsin.....in March! LOLOL.........Nope, sorry, it is still cold, windy, maybe even snowing or sleeting, or if lucky, just rain. If Salem was in CA, AZ, Florida or any southern state, I'd not say a word, but being located (as noted in episodes thru the years) it is located in northern midwest area......close to Chicago........writers gotta pay more attention! Then again, they rarely mention that it snowed during Salem's winter months. LOLOLOL
This is right on target. When I was at Northwestern University years ago, absolutely no one was eating outdoors at this time of year.
Then it started getting smaller and smaller, and is now just a fraction of its original size.
It now seems to be too small for Snow White the Town Square couch and its accompanying fire pit. It was amazing how the great couch stayed pristine, avoiding all spills and stains. Harold’s Lysol was never needed.

Today, Paulina said she’d experienced an “overwhelming sense of peace.” After seeing this episode, the viewers might have had an overwhelming sense of something, but it wouldn’t be peace. Finally, Kritter Kristen actually said tiresome Alex was “fascinating and witty.” Some judge of character she is.

Doll-in-blanket, pram, toddler, sent to boarding school or camp, troubled and old enough to drive teen, 20ish, older than 20ish, then matriarch and patriarch.
I did a post on this a few years back. I wish I could still find it. But, you forgot "vaguely college age" and "40-something" (e.g., the parent of a 20-something that's not yet a matriarch- Sami's in this group).

Back