Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, May 17, 2022

I thought it was strange that it was not mentioned the actor was leaving, so the scenes today with Bo bringing him back were not that big of a surprise, but it was still well done.

I have to say this was one of the first times I fell for someone dying. Normally any emotional possibly dying scenes are something I fast forward through fairly quickly because I'm not invested since we know the person isn't leaving. In this case for some reason I thought maybe they were really good at keeping his leaving a secret.

Tripp IS a legacy character; he's the son of Steve Johnson and nephew of Jack and Adrienne, all core characters since the 80s.
I guess I don't think any of the young folks as Legacy Characters. Maybe I need a clearer explanation of who or when does someone become a legacy character.

Children of legacy characters are usually considered legacy as well. There is no hard and fast rule about it, tho.
i.e. Shawn & Caroline were considered legacy, so their children become legacy....Kayla, Roman, Bo, Kim.......And the grandchildren as well.....
Same goes for Tom & Alice Horton, and their families descended from them.

Some feel a legacy character is one who has been around for decades.

Some consider the children of long-term/core characters to be legacy characters, whether they were born onscreen or came to town as a kid, teen or adult. Like Carrie (came to town as a little girl); Eve (came to town as a teenager); or Tripp (came to town as an adult).

I do wonder why Bo wasn't seen by Kayla too. That would have been moving, although maybe it would have taken away from that special moment between Bo and Steve

I think it would have added to the moment. They should have had both Steve and Kayla see Bo. Though I have to give it to SN with his expression on Steve seeing Bo. It was perfect.

Tripp isn't a legacy character. He's a retcon character. The writers changed the story to create him. Stephanie and Joey should be onscreen instead. They were born on screen and it would have meant even more of it were Stephanie that Bo saved.

I have to disagree with Jason. I think it was great for Bo to let Ben know that he had redeemed himself and not to worry about the baby. I believe that having Bo give Ben the all clear on his past is the only way for him to truly get over it. Didn't seem heavy handed at all to me in fact it would have been kind of weird if he didn't mention Ben.

Although I did have to giggle at the "okay husband" comment.

I've read that legacy characters are the children of long established/core characters, regardless of when the kids appear onscreen. But your description also makes sense.
I thought the legacy characters were children born onscreen to one of the established families on the show. Tripp did not grow up in Salem. Nor did Steve or Ava raise him. We met him as a young adult.

I label Tripp like I do Paul, Summer, and more recently, Gwen, as retcon characters who came to the show after they were adults and found one of their parents while in Salem.
Well, none of this matters, really, when you think about it because Tripp has now been elevated to sainthood. I mean, what else would you call the guy who jumps out a window, sacrificing himself, to save a woman who he no longer has a relationship with? (I mean, it's either a saint or a fool, and I'm not on the side of calling Tripp a fool)

Well, none of this matters, really, when you think about it because Tripp has now been elevated to sainthood. I mean, what else would you call the guy who jumps out a window, sacrificing himself, to save a woman who he no longer has a relationship with? (I mean, it's either a saint or a fool, and I'm not on the side of calling Tripp a fool)
:rotfl:

I am really not sure how I feel about this pairing. They are sizzling! But I also like Jake with Gabi, and Ava is a snake!

Back