Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, Nov. 25th, 2008

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Episode #10,957 Director – Albert Alarr

A riveting episode today, and once again Ari Zucker will break your heart, as will Blake Berris (Nick). John & Marlena continue to argue over whether he should/will get professional help. He is not too keen on the idea, she is insistent, suggests he talk to one of her thesis advisors, Kenneth Taylor, who works with patients with abnormal brain patterns. John is reluctant, she takes his card from her desk drawer, telling John she already sent the doc his files. You can’t do that, sez John, it is a violation of privacy. (Yep), but Marlena sidesteps his accusation, saying he is changing the subject to ethics. (Oh, brother). She more or less tells him to leave with or without the card, but knock, knock at the door. It is Maggie, who is very upset, and needs to talk to Marlena, who tells her it is not a good time, but changes her mind when Maggie seems desperate, and John goes into the kitchen.
Maggie is upset about Nick, who wants her to let Melanie continue to stay at her house. She just does not like her. (Kudos to Suzanne Rogers today, who is just wonderful with the torment Maggie is feeling). Marlena advises her to take Melanie in, so she can tell Nick she has done so, but to tell Melanie is is definitely termporary, and she has to find someplace else to stay.

Melanie sits in the hotel room at what must be a complimentary computer (lucky her to have those kinds of perks inside her room, lol). She gets a phone call from the manager, saying the free stay is over, she has to vacate. Melanie tells him off in her usual snide manner, complaining of nearly falling off his balcony, and noting she will have to be gone in an hour. She returns to the computer, looking for high class, high paying jobs, (no flipping burgers for this gal, lol) and spots an ad for Titan Enterprises. Right up her alley, she tells herself. Next we see her marching into the Pub, (yep, that high class corporation actually sends prospective employees to their pub office, I guess), where she sashays up to someone behind a newspaper, claiming she is Melanie Layton, the answer to…….her voice dwindles off as the paper comes down & she sees Philip, and she adds, slowly…….your prayers. She & Phil have a few words about the way he treated her in the past, her wondering why he works if he has all this money, yada, yada. He looks over her resumé, noting there are things about her he never knew, like graduating cum laude from the Sorbonne, lolol. They go back and forth, with Melanie spouting off a lot of her usual nasty comments, she starts to flounce out the door, when in comes Maggie, who tells her that she is going to let her stay with her on one condition. It is only temporary, that Mickey is on Nick’s case, and her staying with them could present a conflict of interest, so she has to find somewhere else right away. Melanie is pleased, but starts going off on Nick, when Maggie tells her to make that two conditions. They do not discuss Nick at all. She gives Melanie the key, and leaves, telling her she will see her later. No sooner is Maggie gone, then in comes Chelsea. Melanie does some eye rolling at Round 3 coming up. Now they both go back and forth about Nick, how he was never like this before, how he cared so much for Melanie…..who immediately spouts off on all of the things Nick did to her, including killing her father and telling her she did it. Chelsea defends Nick, Philip observes, Melanie starts to leave, but not before giving Chelsea a parting shot…talking of how Chelsea’s father was constantly suspecting her, asking questions, and then referring to Chelsea “running over your brother”. Chelsea tells her to shut up, Melanie says something about shutting her up, gives her a huge shove sending Chelsea crashing into a table, Chelsea turns & does the same to Melanie……..Yep, CAT FIGHT!

Earlier, Chelsea comes in to see Nick, who mentions having a headache. He is sitting in a chair, a guard near by. She can talk, no touching. They have a long converstion about Melanie, Nick, all that he has done in the name of taking care of her. Nick knows he scared Melanie, relates how he finally saw himself thru her eyes….an animal. Chelsea tries to reassure him, but he talks of only wanting someone to love him. Chelsea claims she did (hmm, and when was that??) but Nick says it was only for a little while, and he wants someone to love him forever, and claims he will love Melanie forever. A very upset Maggie arrives, talking of how she was supposed to look out for him, she failed. Nick only wants her to look out for Melanie, that is all. Chelsea leaves to try and get some aspirin, returns and Maggie is gone, but no aspirin for Nick until he sees a doctor. They talk some more, she wants to at least give him a hug before she leaves, no dice. Besides, says Nick. I cannot stand up. Chelsea is puzzled, but he explains if he did, his pants would fall down, they took his belt.

At the clinic, a replay of Nicole showing Brady the locket she bought to hold her baby’s first picture. (It sure is a beautiful one!). She talks of how she planned to show it to EJ at the lodge, and then seems to pass out, the locket still in her hand. Dr. Baker and the nurse rush in, as machines are beeping like mad, send Brady out of the room. They are concerned, have to stop contractions, Nicole’s blood pressure has gone thru the roof. Later, Nicole comes to, hearing the doc say her BP is 180/110, much improved, and he tells her to remain calm. Brady returns to the room, talks briefly with Nicole, when she doubles over again, screaming that it is another contraction and she can’t stop it. Brady is again shooed out of the room, told to try and reach EJ. We see Nicole calling for EJ, begging everyone to save her baby, save her baby. Out in the hall Brady is unable to get hold of EJ, says if he perhaps had Nikki’s phone, his number must be in there.

And in the blue skies, we see a very relaxed EJ, on his way back home, as apparently the visit to Argentina has been cancelled. Stefano is in the forward cabin, arguing with whoever they were supposed to see in Argentina,(we do not see him) but EJ is very happy the trip was aborted and he will be returning to Nicole. He comes into DiMansion, flowers in hand, calling for Nicole, sees Mary, who tells him Nicole never came home. EJ is puzzled, and starts making calls.

Back at the clinic, Nicole is quiet and serene, as the nurse brings her a beautiful newborn baby girl. Nicole is so happy, she says the baby has her eyes, her daddy’s nose. She tells the baby how much she loves her as she cradles, cooing and oohing and aahing. Out in the hall the doctor comes out to Brady, telling him Nicole is fine, will be o.k. But the baby did not make it. (Nicole is having a dream). He tells Brady he can go in, that ordinarily it is his job to tell the patient, but sometimes it is better coming from someone they know. Brady says o.k., tho he really does not want to do this. He goes in, a tired Nicole tells him she knows she had the baby. He tells her yes, she did. She is smiling, but Brady gently tells her the baby did not make it. Nicole seems rather disbelieving, and then breaks down, crying hysterically, my baby, my baby. He tells her it was a girl….she somehow knew that. He holds her as she sobs uncontrollably. The nurse comes in with pain pills, telling Nicole to see her gynecologist when she gets home, and assuring her that all is well, she can be pregnant again with no problem. The nurse leaves, Nicole tells Brady that this was a miracle baby, and miracles do not happen twice.
EJ is becoming frantic, calls the lodge, learning that Miss Walker left about 2 hours ago, with a young man, according to the bellhop. He is chewing his nails as he calls Nicole’s cell. We see Nicole getting dressed, preparing to leave, holding her stomach, saying she doesn’t know what she is going to do….. as her cell rings. She picks it up, sees it is EJ, hesitates answering as she holds the phone to her chest. Split screen with Nicole, in sorrow, holding the phone, and EJ, impatiently waiting for her to pick up.

Barb.

Thanks for the summary...can't wait to watch it.

Does it really make sense that Nicole would just get up and go home after that? I mean, I know it wasn't as if she gave birth to a full term baby but it seems to me you couldn't just get up and go home after that. Oh well, soaps I guess.

Looks like a real tear jerker today, I better get my tissues ready.

Thanks for the write up Poirot. I don't think I could have done this one. I was crying at parts. The acting was just super today. As for going home I think that they would want to make sure that the blood pressure is ok before she left. That is the only thing that would keep her there. Or maybe like my SIL once she lost the baby she just wanted to get out of there.

As for going home I think that they would want to make sure that the blood pressure is ok before she left. That is the only thing that would keep her there. Or maybe like my SIL once she lost the baby she just wanted to get out of there.

I guess that makes sense as long as she was ok she could go home. I wonder what she is going to tell EJ...in the promo on NBC she tells him she had some twinges and he asks if the baby is ok but she doesn't say anything.

:OT: Days is not on Thurs but is it on Friday?

Barb,

This was a great write up! I'm staying up to watch tonight no matter what, unless our electricity goes off again :( ! I must see Eric as the new Brady.

The scenes with Nicole sound really good and I know I'll cry!
Thanks again for taking the time to write these up!

Thank you :)

Thank you for the write-up. I can honestly say I have stopped watching in the recent weeks due to lack of anything exciting going on. So I wanted to thank you for the write-ups. It lets me know when to watch and when not too.

I would have a much easier time believing that Nicole really cared and was really upset for losing the baby if she would tell EJ the truth. The way I see it, she is crying for the life she lost with EJ, not for the child. Actions speak louder than words. Is she going to lie to EJ now about where she was and what happened? Pathetic.

I just don't understand the logic in this storyline. Nicole didn't want to go to the hospital when these pains started? She is dialing numbers for everyone she knows except 911? If she could get pregnant this time, she COULD get pregnant again! I'm just not understanding this at all, none of it makes any sense. I'm ready for this madness to end. This storyline has taken two characters I normally love (EJ & Nicole) and made them both two people I cannot stand.

I would have a much easier time believing that Nicole really cared and was really upset for losing the baby if she would tell EJ the truth. The way I see it, she is crying for the life she lost with EJ, not for the child. Actions speak louder than words. Is she going to lie to EJ now about where she was and what happened? Pathetic.

I just don't understand the logic in this storyline. Nicole didn't want to go to the hospital when these pains started? She is dialing numbers for everyone she knows except 911? If she could get pregnant this time, she COULD get pregnant again! I'm just not understanding this at all, none of it makes any sense. I'm ready for this madness to end. This storyline has taken two characters I normally love (EJ & Nicole) and made them both two people I cannot stand.

Maybe she will get busted when the bill for clinic comes to the mansion....She was asked for her insurance card (yet still wondering how she has one with no job/money)....

I absolutely disagree with the whole thing that Nicole is upset over EJ. While this was going on she was crying my baby, my baby not EJ, EJ . EJ was the last thing on her mind. The absolute last thing. She was doing everything she could to save her baby's life. Clearly this was about the baby. And Days is just stupid for writing the fake pregnancy in while this entire time they have clearly made Nicole's feeling clear about her baby. I blame the writer's. But maybe they will turn this insanity into an actual mental disorder on Nicole's part like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or Postpartum Depression.Something that actually makes sense, giving the entire pregnancy her first concern was for her baby.

Don't faint on this one either Jenafreaka but I agree with half of your post, specifically the last paragraph. The first paragraph is another matter.

Before the miscarriage Nicole is screaming for EJ and for everyone to save her baby, Nope I didn't hear her say save my relationship. At that point I don't think keeping it a secret crossed her mind. She wanted the man she loves to be there and to comfort her and to tell her that it is going to be OK. It must have been terrifying for her to be there without him. At least she had Brady.

Nicole was not dreaming about EJ but about her little girl. The only thing about EJ that even got into that dream was his nose. The dream was a perfect example of a woman in love with her newborn child who happened to have shared features of the man who she loves. I think this dream is very telling. I noticed she didn't dream about the new baby's trust fund!

When she was told about losing the baby, she was definitely grieving the baby and not some relationship with EJ. She did not mention him once.

Nicole only thought about EJ after the miscarriage, when she saw that he was calling her and then she didn't know what to do. If I was in her shoes I wouldn't know what to do either. Blurting out the news of the miscarriage just isn't something you want to do over the phone. Probably what she should do is have him come pick her up at the hospital and share the news with him there, but in her state of mind I don't think she could possibly be thinking clearly. I think part of her will be in denial even though she knows the truth and it will be the reason she will lie to EJ. We have had these kind of women in the news that have had miscarriages and have stolen newborns (one woman performed a c section to get a baby) to keep the dream alive of being a mother.

I will agree that Nicole will also want to hold onto EJ with a child but I still think she wants to be a mother more than anything and is willing to make her own miracle.

I will agree that Nicole will also want to hold onto EJ with a child but I still think she wants to be a mother more than anything and is willing to make her own miracle.

I agree with you Nurse Hamster I think Nicole wants to be a mom so bad she will do anything to get a baby. I think EJ is secondary in her mind.
So have we hear if Nick is leaving the show? If yes than I missed that. I was hoping that her would get off with insanity plea.
Thanks again Barb for the recaps, and to all of you who help keep us informed of the happening on DOOL.:clap:

The only time I remember EJ being mentioned is when she says that EJ would be there if he knew, and this was to be different for EJ after what Sami put him though. He was to be there for this child from the start. Oh yes and the baby has its father's nose. To me Nicole was only thinking about the baby.

Back