Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, November 7, 2023

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
38 minutes long. Here, there and everywhere.

It's still the wedding night and also, election night.

Melinda is in Horton Square talking to Sloan on phone. Sloan tells her she got married. Melinda tells her this will help the adoption process. Melinda says they will talk more when they meet. She hangs up and notices Paulina sitting at a table. Melinda goes over and congratulates her since she won the election in a landslide over Clint Rawlings. Melinda says she voted for her. Paulina thinks Melinda is trying to get on her good side to get her job back.

EJ is on the phone, angry. (smoke is coming out of his ears). He wants to talk to Wei Shin immediately. He yells at the person that Shin needs to call him back now. EJ gets off the phone. He's still upset and wants to talk to someone right now. Nicole walks in and he can talk to her. She takes his phone and puts it down her dress. She wants his full attention. She reminds they are supposed to be going upstairs and consummate their marriage. EJ talks about Stefan and Gabi. Nicole tells him he work on that tomorrow. They kiss. He talks about getting Li Shin since he gave them the shares. He wants to kill him (too late).

Tripp puts sheet over Li's face. Wendy talks to Tripp and asks if he heard what Li said, that Gabi did this? Tripp tells her he did. Wendy says Gabi murdered her brother.

Meanwhile at Wendy and Tripp's apartment, Harris has handcuffs out. Stefan tries to stop him. Harris says in his regular monotone voice, he's arresting Gabi for murdering Li. Harris says the evidence points to Gabi. Stefan says you haven't done an investigation. Stefan asks Harris if he got his badge from a Happy Meal? Harris tells Stefan there were two witnesses who saw Gabi with bloody knife and she said needed to get rid of bloody knife. He tells Stefan that Li said Gabi was his killer before he died.

Melinda and Paulina discuss why Paulina fired her. Paulina reminds Melinda she never got the high profile conviction she promised. Paulina wants a district attorney that can deliver. They discuss how Paulina still doesn't like Melinda. Melinda says the temp DA isn't doing a good job and isn't hired full time. Melinda says as a citizen of Salem she's concerned how city is run. Paulina reminds she has town hall once a month. Paulina gets up and tells Melinda to get details from her office. Paulina walks away.

Gabi is handcuffed and Harris put the knife in a plastic bag. He has to send it to forensics. Gabi says her prints are on it. Stefan says there might be other prints. Harris starts to take Gabi. Stefan reminds Harris that Gabi is the commissioner's sister. Harris says he'll find out. Gabi doesn't want to go to jail again. Stefan says he'll follow her to the station. They kiss. Harris takes her away.

In Li's hospital room, Wendy tells Tripp she wants to tear Gabi's eyes out. Tripp says Li wouldn't want that. Wendy says Gabi never stopped messing with him. Gabi tortured him and he wanted to love her. Tripp tells Wendy that Li loved her and was proud. Tripp doesn't want Wendy to throw her life away because of Gabi. Wendy says Li didn't have to die. Wendy wants revenge.

Tripp tells her revenge isn't a good thing. He knows since he went after Kayla when he thought she killed his mother. Wendy says Ava alive and Li is dead. Wendy says Li was her big brother and was there for her since her dad was scary. When she did something stupid, he took the blame. Wendy has to call her father. She says he never cries. He would want retribution. Wendy doesn't think Rafe will put his sister in jail. Tripp tells her the cops will do their job.

Nicole tells EJ tonight he belongs to her and she wants him. Nicole wants him to say yes to her desires. Nicole tells EJ let's kick things up a notch. He asks if she has something specific in mind? She does. Later, Nicole moans on the couch. EJ is massaging her feet. EJ asks if she needs anything else? Nicole reminds him she wanted to do something naughty in the secret room, but would be more comfortable in bed. They kiss.

Rafe and Jada are in the cop shop. Rafe asks where her partner is? She tells him Harris caught a case when she took a prisoner to Statesville. Jada tells him it was a homicide and Li Shin was murdered. He was killed in his sister's apartment. Harris is coming in now with a suspect. Harris walks in with Gabi. He's carrying a bag with the knife in other hand.

Later, Gabi is gone when Harris gives the knife to Rafe. Harris says that's what we know so far. Jada tells Rafe that CSU is at the apartment and Harris will tell Wendy when she can go home. Harris walks to his desk. Rafe is holding the bag and tells Jada he'll be back. Jada is worried about him. Rafe says Gabi is a suspect in a murder and he needs to talk to her. Jada says she'll do it. Rafe says he will.

Rafe walks into interrogation room. Gabi is handcuffed to table. Rafe puts the bag with the knife on table. Gabi says that it wasn't her. Rafe asks if she was read her rights? She says yes. Rafe says he's there as her brother and not a cop. Gabi says she swears on her daughter's life she didn't kill Li. He wants to know what happened?

Gabi says Li texted her and wanted to see her. She found the door open. She walked in and found Li laying on floor, stabbed. Wendy and Tripp found her with the knife in her hand. She took the knife out of him to save him. She panicked. She says someone else had to be there. She didn't see anyone, but she didn't do it. She asks Rafe if he believes her? He does. Gabi wants to go home. Rafe says she can't since she's accused of murder and it's a serious crime. Gabi says she's been set up.

EJ and Nicole start going upstairs when someone knocks on the door loudly. EJ says to forget it. It's probably a delivery person. His mom is sending a fruit basket. Another knock. EJ opens the door and Paulina is there. Paulina tells them she was reelected and has job offer for EJ. EJ says no business today since it's their wedding night. Nicole tells Paulina she can stay.

They go into the living room. Paulina wants EJ to be deputy mayor. EJ's not sure. Paulina brings up Johnny and Chanel reconciling and EJ is like family. She wants to look out for him. She says EJ needs a job and she needs him to work for her. He ran a multi-million dollar corporation and gets things done. She wants that in her administration. She wants them to discuss it to make it happen. EJ sighs.

Stefan arrives at police station. He tells them Gabi didn't do it and he wonders why Harris and Jada aren't looking for the real killer? Harris tells Stefan not to yell especially at his partner. Harris tells Stefan to get coffee. Stefan says he's going to call and find the best lawyer in Salem. (does Salem have one of those?)

(Gabi blabbled so much, I had to make it two parts)

Melinda gets a phone alert about Li. Wendy and Tripp walk up. Melinda tells Wendy she's sorry about Li. Wendy tells Melinda she was another viper trying to take him down. Wendy says Gabi was arrested and she's just like her. Melinda used sex to get a confession out of Li. Melinda said he played me too. Wendy says he liked Melinda and had real feelings for her. Melinda realizes she shouldn't have put professional goals before personal ones. Melinda says there was a spark between them. Tripp's phone dings. The police are done (that was fast) and they can go home. They leave.

Rafe wants Gabi to start from the beginning (Gabi spends too much time blabbing). Rafe wants to know why Li texted her? She finally admits they were setting up Li to get the DiMera shares. Rolf helped them pretend Megan kidnapped her. They got a confession that Li wanted Stefan dead. Li texted her and she wonders if someone else did? She got a text that the stock shares were fake and to come alone to get the real ones.

Gabi says you know the rest after I got there. Rafe is upset with Gabi because they screwed over EJ. Gabi says EJ did that first when he knew Stefan was brainwashed to hate me. Gabi said Li tried to pull plug on Stefan and hired Harris to kill him. Rafe says that you wanted Li dead. She didn't want him dead, just his shares. Rafe reminds her he wanted her stay away from Li. Gabi says she would have if he was in jail, but he was out free and owned part of husband's company.

She then blames Rafe for not getting Li to confess. Gabi gets upset and wants Rafe on her side. Gabi doesn't want to go back to prison. She doesn't want Arianna to go through that again. Rafe says he will help her. Rafe mentions Li named her as his killer. Maybe he did that because she blackmailed him. Maybe Li was angry and set her up. Li was obsessed with her and she took everything. Maybe he wanted revenge. (so Rafe found the Salem brain) Gabi wonders if a jury would buy that? (maybe, it's Salem) Rafe said he will try his best to find proof. Rafe believes Gabi is innocent, but it will take a miracle to convince someone else that. (that's a fact)

Nicole is on the phone, holding a fruit basket. She's thanking Susan and to tell Roger thank you too. Susan wants Nicole to call her Mama Banks. Nicole tells Susan that EJ got a new job and will make all of us proud.

Rafe tells Jada and Harris that Gabi didn't kill Li and he believes her. Jada says they will follow the evidence and hope he's right. Rafe gives the bag with the knife to Harris. He wants it taken to forensics. He knows Gabi's prints are it. Maybe someone else's too.

Stefan is in the room talking to Gabi. Gabi tells Stefan she told Rafe everything they did to Li. He wasn't happy, but he believed her. Stefan has confidence after the investigation she'll be in the clear. Stefan promises Gabi he won't let anything happen to her. She says someone tried to make it look like I killed Li. She didn't do it, so who did?

Wendy and Tripp are outside the apartment. Yellow tape in front of the door. Tripp says they can go to the Salem Inn or stay at his dad's. Wendy wants to go inside. She gets on the floor where Li died and cries. Tripp kneels with her.

Melinda looks at a picture of Li on her phone. Melinda says she really liked him and she'll miss him. Melinda is crying. Behind her, Paulina walks up. She asks if she's still crying about her job? Then says she needs to move on. Paulina says she hired a new DA.

Stefan tells Gabi he called Belle and she'll be here as soon as she can. Gabi doesn't know if Belle will believe her. Stefan says you convinced your brother. Now you have to convince the DA. The door opens and someone is laughing. EJ says good luck with that. Stefan thinks EJ is there about DiMera Enterprises. EJ says he has a new job. EJ says Paulina hired him as new DA. EJ says he got the job that evening. He tells Gabi "I'm looking forward to you, Gabriella, making you my first conviction."

The moral of this story, don't mess with EJ. He'll get you later when you don't expect it.

The viewers didn't hear Li tell Wendy and Tripp about Gabi. Maybe Li meant that it was Gabi's fault what happened to
him, but not that she killed him.

Paulina told EJ he could be deputy mayor. We didn't know until end she made him DA. What happened in between time?

Thank you. I thought I was going into a Days coma when EJ walked in as the District Attorney, and not the Deputy Mayor. Unless it's the Deputy Assistant Mayor? The DAM?

I'm glad they aren't killing off Gabi, it's so short-sited to do so when they bring people back. So much easier to bring someone back from prison or a trip around the world or a job in Seattle where most of those folks can return to now, Tripp, Stephanie, Everett.

No clue where this show is going, but circling the drain seems to be its default state these days.

Yes, but Salem is a city like no other, whether city, state or country. Unto itself. A man with so many crimes under his belt is now District Attorney. Amazing. Yep, Paulina needs to be elected as mayor, but gets to choose who the deputy mayor will be. Thus, the city could then have a mayor they did not elect. Amazing.

I agree that WE did not hear or see Li say Gabi's name. Evidently others did. No idea when that happened. I mean, Wendy asked him who did this, camera goes on Li, he tries to say something, like "uh", but then dies.

I doubt Gabi goes to prison....am thinking she goes into hiding somewhere. Thus, she can be brought back, when they decide who killed Li.......and she is cleared.

Maybe Li and Rolf have a deal to set up Gabi? Rolf can always bring him back to life. I'm really going to hate it if Gabi leaves the show because she's in jail for no reason though. Boo

And maybe it's just me but I assume they were just writing like the Deputy Mayor and DA are the same thing because they don't know or care. Or mis-wrote in the beginning and meant DA the entire time.

Hmmm, that's a thought. However, Deputy Mayor would have nothing to do with prosecuting anyone, and that is really what EJ is after. Gonna make Gabi pay for getting those shares, and dumping him as CEO.

Deputy Mayor is what Clint Rawlings was, and had to take over for Abe, who had lost his memory. Paulina is mayor, fired Clint, so wanted EJ in her administration, as she admired his b usiness knowhow, and ability to run several businesses, etc. But he said nope. We will probably find out eventually who made the offer of DA first - Paulina or EJ himself.

That said, there has been talk wondering if Stefan is perhaps involved in framing Gabi? When you think about it, when Stefan came upon Gabi, sitting with the bloody knife next to Li, why did he not get her out of there immediately? wipe the handle? He still had his wits about him, but instead he lets her babble on and on, keeping her in the room, knowing others would probably arrive.

Right now, cannot think of a reason. Is there some way he would possibly inherit or control whatever monies Gabi has? Did she do something in the past to make him want to make her pay?? With Gabi out of the way completely, he would be the boss man @ DiMera with those shares, right?

Lots of different people involved here. We have the new guys, Gil, & Everett. We have Ava, and the Vitali Mafia. Stefan and EJ. Probably can add Rolf in.........Mr. loyal to the DiMera clan. Cannot rule out Kristen, of course.

I am not ruling out someone other than Li set up Gabi. Could be EJ or Kristen or Brady or someone else that Gabi ticked off. But I’m pretty sure Li is the one. It has the vibe of when Tony (later explained to be Andre) committed suicide to set up John to be his murderer with that gun holding contraption and Tony had an ink pen that was the device to trigger the gun. Perhaps there is a device in Wendy and Li’s apartment that ejects or throws a kitchen knife and Li stood with his back to it and that’s how he was stabbed. Or like someone else mentioned, maybe Rolf and Li could have planned this and later Rolf will give Li an injection of that miracle drug that brings someone back to life.

Stefan was upset with Gabi for turning in his mommy, Vivian, so I guess it's possible he could have been involved. I keep thinking Rolf will end up having some part in it, since he was back in town.

Has anybody considered it might've been the Smith Island Preserve bear?? Maybe Li went over to Smith Island, disturbed the bear, who was getting ready for hibernation, and the bear snapped? Took the ferry over to Salem, tracked down Li and stabbed him?? :rotfl:
JS, you are defaming the good name of Salem’s leading bear. The Smith Island raccoons and Horton the Tiger won’t be pleased. Elsewhere Salem has sunk to a new low — loudmouth Paulina as mayor and a career criminal as DA. Things haven’t been nearly this bad since the days of corrupt Mayor Marino and dead-bird-loving DA Aiden Jennings. As Roman would say, “what da hell.”

Back