Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2023

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
35 minutes long. Characters are here, there and everywhere in Salem.

EJ is on the phone in his office. He's talking to the hitwoman. He tells her everything is ok as long as he's her lawyer. Nicole walks in and EJ tells the hitwoman goodbye. EJ wants Nicole's help to find a new business. Nicole wants him to answer her question about if he put a hit on Ava.

Harris and Ava in a hotel room in London. Ava is ranting about the police finding them. Harris has to remind her no one is looking for them or they would have been caught in the airport when they got off the plane. (for some reason, Harris is smarter than Ava used to be).

Wendy and Tripp at the nurses' station. Wendy wants to know if he heard from his mom? She wants to know if they got to London? Tripp says no and thanks her for the making the fake passports.

Belle enters pub and sees Eric. Eric called her. He wants Belle to be his lawyer to help with adoption for him and Sloan. Belle says ok. She tells Eric Shawn didn't come home last night.

Shawn wakes up in bed. He turns over and sees Talia. He says "oh God."

Rafe walks into the cop shop. Jada on the phone. She tells Rafe an officer talked to Tripp's neighbors and they think they saw Harris and Ava in the alley. Jada wants to talk to the witness. Rafe says no. She's wearing yesterday's clothes. He wants her to go home and rest. He'll talk to the witness.

Tripp checks his phone but there's no message. Wendy says she's going to the office. Tripp's not happy she's going to work. Wendy says she'll do a little fishing. Wendy leaves. Tripp gets a call from Rafe. He wants him at the police station.

Talia wakes up. She looks under the covers. (I guess they're both undressed) Both are upset what happened. Shawn checks his phone and finds out Belle texted and called. Shawn blames himself for what happened. Talia reminds Shawn he told her everything, even her affair. Talia tries to make it better, but Shawn said he made things worse with Belle. He got drunk and cheated on her. After getting dressed, Shawn tells Talia he has to talk to Belle and not to tell anyone what happened last night. Talia wishes him luck and he leaves.

Belle and Eric talk about Shawn. She tells him Shawn got drunk and tried to work, but Rafe sent him home. Belle told Shawn he might have to go to rehab. Shawn got upset and mentioned her affair with EJ. Belle gets notified Shawn got the messages from the night before. She doesn't understand why he won't contact her. Eric says maybe he's embarrassed.

Belle's afraid Shawn hasn't forgiven her for her affair with EJ. Belle hugs Eric before she leaves (hurry up and go). Eric reminds her it was the alcohol that was talking. Eric tells Belle not to talk to him until he's sober. Belle leaves the pub. Eric turns around and sees Shawn. He asks where did he come from?

Nicole wants EJ to tell her why he's representing the hitwoman since he hasn't been a lawyer in a long time? He says he just happened to be there. Nicole wants to know if he's lying to her out of habit or to protect her? EJ finally admits to hiring the hitwoman. Nicole's afraid EJ will be in prison when baby is born. EJ says no else knows. Nicole says he's probably Rafe's #1 suspect. EJ says his client won't sell him out. There's a knock. It's Wendy, she has something to show EJ. He says he's busy. Nicole say she's leaving and does. Wendy comes in.

Rafe talks to Tripp in the interrogation room. Rafe tells Tripp he's probably worried about his mom. He says he knows his mom was ok at 9PM last night. She and Harris were spotted in the alley where he lives. Tripp admits he saw his mom before she left, but doesn't know where they went. Tripp wants to leave. Rafe gets a beep on his phone. Rafe says he has to stay. He might be charging him since he didn't tell him he saw his mother.

Belle and Nicole bump into each other in the square. Nicole asks Belle how Shawn is doing since Victor's funeral yesterday? Belle says he's not in good shape. Belle asks Nicole about the baby. The baby is due in January. Nicole is sorry about Sloan. Belle says they plan to adopt. (is Belle allowed to tell others that?)

Shawn lies to Eric that he was drunk and Jada let him stay in her place since she worked late. Eric asks about Talia. Shawn says she worked late at the hospital. Talia is listening to the conversation in back of the pub. She sneaks out the back. Eric tells Shawn that Belle is worried about him. Shawn says he'll text her right now and meet with her. Talia walks into the pub. Talia wants coffee since she worked late (roll eyes). Shawn and Talia introduce themselves. Shawn gets a message from Belle. She's in the square. He leaves.

Wendy talks to EJ about design upgrade for the computers. EJ looks at the report and says it's lengthy. She says it will be expensive, but she can redo the design. Wendy pulls out her phone and says Ava escaped Bayview last night. EJ says he already knows. Wendy says that right, you have a connection with Ava, and police probably told you. Later, EJ says he has a meeting and will go over the report later. He tells her he has something she can do now. His mouse needs new battery or something. He leaves. She finds his phone.

Rafe finds Jada back in the office. On the way home, she stopped in the alley and found a clue. She gives an envelope to Rafe. He looks inside.

Meanwhile in London, Ava is still ranting about the police and how they're supposed to find Susan. She gets a panic attack. Later, she wonders if she actually saw Susan or was she hallucinating? She wonders how they will find Susan since she doesn't have an address? Ava looks up and asks Susan for another sign (really?). She gets upset.

Harris says she didn't sleep all night and now she's punchy. She goes off that that he can sleep anywhere since he's an ex Navy seal (I wish he was a seal). He tells Ava she's a Vitali and act like one. Harris says she can use the bathroom first. She tells him when she comes out to stop talking like a broken record.

Jada enters the pub. Jada tells Eric she's sorry about Sloan's miscarriage. Eric thanks her for helping Shawn and letting him stay in her room. Jada doesn't say anything. She has an odd look. Eric says Shawn and Belle had a fight and it was nice she let him stay in her room. She says no problem and goes to her room.

Belle tells Nicole she'll tell Eric she was she's thinking about him. Nicole says not to do that when Shawn arrives. Nicole talks to Shawn about Victor and says he was a true original. Nicole leaves. Shawn says he's hungover. Belle wants to know where he slept last night?

Talia is making the bed (I think she changed the sheets) when Jada comes in. Jada is upset and says tell me you didn't sleep with Shawn Brady.

Rafe comes back with the envelope to talk to Tripp. Tripp knows Rafe was bluffing when he wanted to charge him. No jury will convict from helping his mom escape a hitwoman. Rafe says forget the charge. Now he might be charged with aiding and abetting a felon. Rafe tells him to look inside envelope. Tripp pulls out the inner pages of his and Wendy's passports with their pictures (why oh why didn't they shred those?) No words.

Wendy's trying to open EJ's phone and not looking at the door. (they should teach kids in high school to always look behind them in Salem). Camera pans to door and EJ is there. He walks to the desk and asks if he can help her.

Ava comes out of bathroom dressed in a short t-shirt for bed. Harris taking off his sweatshirt and has a sleeveless shirt on. They stare at each other.

Thanks kat, this was another episode to tag if you are having problems sleeping.

I didn't like Wendy's dress.

I thought the poisoned biscuit thing happened around Valentine's Day, which would make the baby an October early November child. But in Salem's world the child will be a New Year's Eve baby. Yes, I know that only in the soap world can you have a 18 month pregnancy that delivers a preemie. don't know why I was thinking of applying logic to this. Please visit me in Rew's corner.

Thanks for this, Kat.

I agree, another snoozer. Does anyone truly care about Ava, Wendy, Harris or Tripp? Is anyone invested in Shawn-D’s storyline, made even worse (and who thought that could be possible) by his romp with the useless Talia? And who really thinks EJ is being utilized in a good way by being shackled to the Ava plot?

Ugh.

I never watched GH so I can’t say what the actors were like on that show. But the characters they play on Days, Ava and Harris, are tiresome and dull, at best. I have been FFing their scenes.

Nicole’s dress today reminded me of something a mother superior or nun would wear.

Wendy going through EJ’s phone, with the door open and her back turned to the door. For someone that is supposed to be so intelligent, her detective skills need work.

Shawn seems rather cool to the idea of getting help for his alcohol problem. Could his theme song be the old Amy Winehouse hit, "They Tried to Make Me Go to Rehab?'

Nicole really needs to learn a major rule if one is dating EJ: Don't ask many questions.

Wendy and Trippy should really stop trying to improve their dull image. The quick discovery of their passport forgery and phone snooping shows that they should stick with being two of Salem's leading yawners.

Finally, Ava is unduly pessimistic about finding Susan in London. Past history shows that Salemites have quickly been discovered in cities like Athens and Prague. Surely, if they drop by a random pub, they'll find Susan having a pint.

I never watched GH either, so no idea why their characters there were so popular..........but on Days, the problem seems to be the writing. Dialogue, plots, storylines. Harris & Ava have nothing really, just like other Days characters. The actors not a fault. We do have really good actors. But only so much can be done.

Corday apparently won't or can't get another writer to take over. And there ARE writers out there. We don't really know what goes on behind the scenes......but if we are yawning, not worried or concerned about missing shows..........that tells you the storylines are not holding any interest whatsoever. Characters disappear or are not seen for weeks....characters that the audience holds in high esteem.......

Jack, Jennifer, Steve, Kayla, Marlena, John, Roman, Kate.......yep, the vets are backburnered a great deal. And the newer actors just don't seem able to fill their shoes....But again, story is important. It's just not there.

I agree Poirot, the actors are really good. The writing is to blame here. I miss the vets too. We get them every now and then. I was really pleased with Dick Van Dyke being on Days and having John, Marlena and Julie interacting with him. I’ll remember those episodes forever. But most of the other storylines are like you said, yawn inducing.

Ava comes out of bathroom dressed in short t-shirt for bed. Harris taking off his sweatshirt and has sleeveless shirt on. They stare at each other
I got the impression this was supposed to be sexy. Not. I had to laugh, because it just looked awkward, for the characters and the actors.

Back