Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2023

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
36 minutes long.

It's Tuesday. Two fathers learn the truth about their child and a lot of blah, blah, blah.

Bonnie is at a table in Horton Town Square. Kate walks by. Bonnie is upset that Vivian is getting everything.

Justin and Maggie inthe Horton dining room discussing the letter when Alex comes in. He wants to know what's going on since they're staring at him. Maggie says they just found out some news and it's hard for them. Alex wants to know what? They don't answer or look at him.

Roman, Sarah, Rex and Philip are at the pub. They wonder where Kate is? Philip says she probably went to see Vivian. Rex wants to find her or else she'll miss the wedding.

Replay of Xander and Chloe in the bedroom. Chloe tells him she can't marry him. She tells him Sarah lied about the baby. Xander is the father.

Bonnie tells Kate she didn't sleep well in the Salem Inn. The room is so small. Kate reminds her she was in prison for years. Bonnie tells Kate they have Victor's briefcase and they hope it has good news.

Xander doesn't believe Chloe about Victoria. Chloe overheard Rex and Philip talking. Chloe tells him she wasn't going to tell him, but she didn't want to keep this a secret from him since Sarah did. Philip and Rex said Sarah didn't want Xander to know since he's a bad person. Xander is upset Sarah lied, but he understands why Sarah thinks he's bad because of Susan (she's alive).

Chloe also found out Sarah's not in love with Rex. She's getting married to show Rex is the father of the baby. Chloe says they're getting married at the pub. Xander says they're going to New York to get married. Chloe says no. This changes everything. Xander says there's no change. (he's nice with Chloe). He kisses Chloe and tells here he loves her before he leaves. Chloe cries.

Maggie and Justin talk to Alex about Victor's briefcase. Alex asked if they opened it? (duh) Maggie tells them she's leaving. They have a lot to discuss. Justin tells Alex that Victor made a new will and gave Maggie half of the estate. Justin tells him the other half goes to a son no one knew about. Alex starts ranting about everything going to that son. Justin says that son is you. The letter says you're the son. He says Anjelica wrote it. Both cry.

Justin says Victor and Anjelica didn't want to tell me because I would be devastated. Justin tells Alex he will always be his dad. Nothing will change that. Alex doesn't say much except his whole life was a lie. (It's the Salem way). Alex always thought since Justin was a good person he was too. Justin tells Alex he is a good person. Alex says he wants to be left alone. Justin hugs and kisses Alex on the head as he leaves.

Maggie finds Bonnie at the square. She tells Bonnie everything about the briefcase and that Alex is Victor's son. Maggie says Justin can't believe he's not Alex's father (neither can we). Bonnie says she has to go to Justin. Maggie tries to stop her. Bonnie insists. Maggie says Justin's at the Horton house.

Chloe is in the living room of the apartment. She looks at dart board on wall and remembers when they put it up. She remembers getting a bullseye. She takes out her phone and calls her mom. She tells her the wedding is off.

Roman is surprised they're getting married. Rex says they want to get married there. Roman says it's ok. Sarah doesn't look happy the whole time. Kate finally arrives to see the new grandbaby (sorry, it's not really yours). Rex says there were complications and that's why they didn't tell anyone for two days. When Kate learns the name of the baby, Victoria Margaret, she's not happy that they didn't name her Katherine. Rex talks about getting married and Philip can do the ceremony. Sarah still looks lost.

As the ceremony starts, Kate is holding doll-in-blanket. Philip says he's going to read a poem and says something odd. He says he's only joking. First Philip does the part with Rex, and Rex says I do. Sarah hesitates when it's her turn (time for a commercial) Sarah finally says I do. They put the rings on and say their pledge. Philip says they're husband and wife.

Before they kiss, angry Xander arrives. Xander says he's sorry he crashed the party, but he came for his daughter. Philip and Rex try to tell him she's not his baby. Xander says Chloe heard them in the square talking. Xander asks Sarah. She tells him she's yours. Xander wants to talk to Sarah alone.

Maggie is alone in the square. She's leaves Vivian a message. Maggie wants to see her right away, we have something important to discuss.

Bonnie enters the Horton dining room and finds Justin alone. She holds him while he cries.

Alex is at the K-mansion by the big portrait of Victor. Alex looks at picture and says how can this be happening? (nasty writer). Then he says how can you be my father?

Roman gives Kate and Rex a drink at a table. Kate asks Rex about Victoria being her grandchild. Rex says no and sorry about it. That's why he didn't tell them sooner. Kate then adds you and Sarah weren't really in a relationship. (duh) Rex says Sarah wasn't, but he was. He takes a drink and Kate gives him a sad eye look.

Angry Xander is outside the pub with Sarah. He's extra mad that she left his daughter with the fake father. Xander wants to know why she did it and kept her from me?

Chloe tells her mom she'll be fine and she doesn't need to come to Salem. She hangs up and looks at dart board. There's a knock on the door. (guess who?). It's Philip.

The scene between Justin and Alex was very well done. I recalled a similar scene in my own life when I learned my family was not what I had thought it was. I was probably about the same age as Alex here and I was stunned, as was he. I thought both actors were very believable in this situation.

I think that Xander is Victor's biological child, and that Theresa did not change anything. I think that they need to do a DNA test because the official spelling of the two names are similar, and Alex would be an appropriate nickname for both.

But, of course this is Salem, and no one is going to think about that, not even Justin. I would think that Justin would explore every avenue to hold on to the fact that Alex is his son. I mean, he is an attorney after all.

I wasn't watching back with Anjelica. Does this make any sense?
I don't remember Anjelica and Victor being sexually involved, so this appears to be a ridiculous rewrite, unless there's a double-twist and the child is actually Xander, not Alex. Presumably Xander was conceived/born before Victor came to Salem.

Thanks, Kat. Just wish Days would stop overdoing the "soap stares". Sure, saves writing dialogue, but just too often now.

Justin telling Alex he wasn't his dad was soooo well done. One could feel for them both. I don't believe it is true.....just a false conclusion derived from Anjelica's letter. Was glad to see Bonnie again. She is always like a breath of fresh air.

Thank you for the summary, kat.

What a mess! I'm still hoping that Xander is Victor and Anjelica's child. Especially since nobody has mentioned the letter being dated.

The only way that Victor had a child with Anjelica was in the time before he came to Salem. That sure wouldn't be Justin's Alexander.

If it is really Alexander then the idiots in charge have royally screwed around with the show's history.

I hope that the former head producer/writer/director scumbag never works again unless it's panhandling for spare change in downtown Hemet California.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Could be that the letter was actually from Ms. Cook, Xander's mother, and Jeannie T forged a semi-duplicate and used Anjelica's name instead of Ms. Cook's (we don't know Xander's mother, other than he said he used the last name Cook when he first came to Salem, which was his mother's maiden name).

I can't see Anjelica being Xander's mother, as she'd have been married to Harper Deveraux when Xander would've been conceived and I think Harper would've noticed his wife being pregnant. Anjelica and Harper were married for many years before they finally divorced after being in Salem for a while. She raised Jack most of his life after Harper's first wife, Camille, died. Harper and Camille were the ones who adopted Jack as an infant.

Great job, Kat!

As someone pointed out last week, when I mentioned a DNA test for John and Timothy, folks in Salem either don't bother or switch them around. But, yes, since Justin is a lawyer, he should know better. Don't rely on a piece of paper. I also want to believe that Victor's son is Xander and not Alex/Alexander.

Special shouts today to Wally Kurth (Justin), Robert Scott Wilson (Alex), Paul Telfer (Xander) and Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe) for emotionally packed, realistic performances while reacting to all the shocking news. Bravo and Brava!

Sarah looked nauseous during the entire ceremony. I think WE were nauseous, too.

I am glad, for once, a baby's real paternity was revealed in "record time" for Salem. When Xander was chewing Sarah out, she looked like a little girl, shrinking and shrinking. She knew she was wrong from the start. Chloe did the right thing.

It was heartbreaking watching Chloe tell Xander and her thinking back to their history with the darts, short as that was.

Philip didn't waste any time going over to see Chloe. Will she succumb to his attention in a weak moment? She gave up her future for Xander, although they can still have one if they truly want it. Hopefully, Victoria won't turn into any version of Rachel, and it won't be a repeat of her experience with Brady. But I have a feeling Chloe will end her relationship with Xander and move back to New York. Permanently. (Though there is no "permanently" on the show.)

Please no more Xander and Sarah.

I think that Xander is Victor's biological child, and that Theresa did not change anything. I think that they need to do a DNA test because the official spelling of the two names are similar, and Alex would be an appropriate nickname for both.

But, of course this is Salem, and no one is going to think about that, not even Justin. I would think that Justin would explore every avenue to hold on to the fact that Alex is his son. I mean, he is an attorney after all.
I'm not a scientist, but since Justin is the son of Victor's brother, they share some DNA traits, as would Alex and Xander. Unsure how would would trace their male DNA. Would have to trace female lines I think.

I'm more sure than ever that this is really about Xander, not Alex, however the mixup has occurred. If you think about Victor finding out that Xander is his son and then trying to make things right, leaving half to Maggie and half to Xander is actually very sweet since Maggie and Xander are close. It would hack Philip off, but then Philip has had his Kiriakis advantages throughout his life. Xander didn't.

Of course, this would mean Victor made a habit of being involved with his brothers' lady friends. Wasn't there something about Victor and Deimos' mother? Isn't that why Deimos was angry?

I guess the upside of all this is Xander is crucial to a bunch of storylines. More towel is on the way!

They can tell the difference between a father and a great-uncle in a DNA test. You just have to tell the lab running the test the males in question are related, so they run a more detailed test. I researched this for a book once, and the males in question were father and son. Geneticists can totally differentiate the DNA. The only time you run into trouble is with identical twins.

Fresh from a loving tribute to Victor, the writers are now making him look clueless, duplicitous, and cold hearted.
— he somehow never noticed that the divorce that freed him from the monstrous Vivian was never finalized.
— he’s portrayed as the kind of guy who would have a dalliance with his daughter-in-law and then hide the true paternity of the resulting child.
— he gives 50% of his estate to one heir and doesn’t give a dime to the others, including Xander, Brady, Ciara, and Baby Bo.
— despite years of faithful service, there’s nothing for Henderson, cook, and the guys in the greenhouse.
— he made no charitable bequests to such good causes as the Salem Greek Orthodox Church, the Salem Hellenic Society, and the Fund for Lost Greek Donkeys.

Sarah also looks pretty bad — entering into a sham marriage to hide Victoria’s paternity from Xander. How long did she plan to keep up this fraud?

Finally, if anyone doubted that Xander had reformed should note his civilized response to Sarah’s heartless duplicity about her child’s true father.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I rolled my eyes at the idea Jeannie T altered the letter, as I didn't think she had time. But now, I'm not so sure. I'm glad Xander knows he's a father. I'm not sure I understand Chloe's tears. If not for Kristen and Rachel, she would still be with Brady. Oh well, they change lovers like their underwear.

Back