Days of Our Lives - Wed., Apr. 24, 2024

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Pub - Roman hangs a "Help Wanted" sign in the window. Harris needs to talk to him. He questions Roman's apparent "no overnight guest" policy. Roman ejected Ava not because of her murdering his father, but because it upset Kayla. He relents and will allow Ava to stay temporarily.

Remember When this Was Eric's Apartment? Apartment - Ava has made coffee as Tripp and Wendy enter. She has prepared make-your-own omelets. Ava is thankful they're letting her stay here. She says Roman wouldn't let her stay at the Pub because of "history" and will figure out something. Tripp can't eat because he and Wendy are meeting Stephanie. Ava tries to clean up, Wendy won't let her. Ava has leads on a place and leaves. Wendy wants to stay home alone and claims she's not feeling well.

DiMansion - Kristen is boozing even though it's early. Stefan is leaving for the Bistro's soft re-opening. He's hoping to re-invent the Bistro. Kristen will be head of DiMera if she can prove Gabi is innocent. They rehash the relatable plot of Li keeping Stefan's frozen corpse for leverage and Kristen rewiring his brain to love Chloe. Stefan has hired PIs who have come up empty, but Kristen thinks she can solve the crime.

Square Walkway Area - Stephanie calls to Jada to give her great news. Everett has signed the divorce papers.

Salem Inn, Everett/Bobby's room - Everett/Bobby looks at the papers (Jada signed "Jada Hunter Stein"). His facial expression changes and he throws down the papers.

Square Walkway Area - Bobby/Everett saunters up. His carriage is different. He says hi to Jada and barely acknowledges Stephanie. He's getting coffee and doesn't have the papers with him, then he swaggers away. Stephanie thinks this was odd, Tripp comes up. Jada leaves to meet Rafe.

Square - Ava and Harris talk. She won't stay at Tripp's another night, will look for apartments. Harris gives her the news. She can stay with him at the Pub until she finds her own place. They work on a plan to get Clyde's book from the Bistro.

Bistro - Stefan enters and Rafe is sitting at a table. Stefan talks up the menu, Rafe threatens him.

Pub - Bobby/Everett is working as he decides which story to write (Smith Island Snowstorm or Dirty Cop Goldman). He settles on Smith Island, writes Everett Lynch on the paper, and Stephanie and Tripp enter. He talks to them differently than he talked to Jada outside, and seems not to acknowledge that he just saw Stephanie outside. He wants to do an article on the beer tank incident, Tripp doesn't think he is ready.

Shin/Dalton-Johnson Apartment - Kristen arrives to talk to Wendy. She is concerned about DiMera and Wei Shin's grief over his only son's death. Kristen says she wants to start an MBA scholarship in Li's honor. Wendy seems suspicious, but thinks her parents would be touched. Kristen helps herself to a seat. Later, she thinks she can have the scholarship running so students can get it in the fall.

Kristen talks about the two men (Li and Gil) who were attacked here, one of whom died here. She thinks it's sad nobody got justice for Li. Wendy believes Gabi killed him. They recap Wendy finding Gabi with the knife, betraying Li, etc. Kristen lays it on thick. When Wendy tries to turn the conversation around, Kristen scurries off. When she's alone, Wendy leans against the door and cries.

Pub - Roman asks Tripp how he's doing? Tripp isn't sure how to respond when asked. Roman wants him to take care of himself and lets him know about Ava. Stephanie asks about Wendy's struggling with PTSD. Tripp hopes Ava is staying out of trouble, but acknowledges her history suggests otherwise. Stephanie is worried about her brother. Tripp is having trouble concentrating, experiencing PTSD as well. Despite his issues, Wendy is struggling more. Stephanie thinks Wendy and Tripp need space from Ava, maybe a vacation.

Bistro - Rafe is still waiting on Jada somehow when Harris and Ava enter. They are chatting for a moment when Jada enters. Jada mentions moving in. Harris is complimentary. Ava feels threatend by Jada, lets her know she lived at Rafe's. She and Harris sit, Harris doesn't like her pushing Jada's buttons. Later, he goes to search. Stefan comes out and they trade barbs about the food. Over at Rafe's table, Jada wants to dish about Harris and Ava but Stefan's glare is concerning Rafe. Jada delivers her big news about Bobby, who will be finally out of her life for good.

Bistro, still - Ava returns to her table having searched the ladies room. She wants to engage Stefan in the search, Harris says no way.

Apartment 42 - Tripp can't enter. Wendy has the chain on and is talking to Wei (it has to be after 2AM in Hong Kong). She lets Tripp in, ends her call and weeps about how sad her dad is. Tripp shows her tickets to Hong Kong (on his phone). She is happy, always wants him there with her, they hug.

Pub - Stephanie is just getting up from the lunch she had with Tripp, Everett/ Bobby is still working. Stephanie is angry at him for ignoring her outside and being "Mr Friendly" inside. Everett/Bobby wasn't aware. Guess the emotion will not be possible today. Stephanie's reactions don't track either, but she's mad as Everett/Bobby leaves.

DiMansion - Kristen calls Wei Shin, talks about the scholarship and how much she admired Li.

Apartment 42 - Tripp explains he's gotten a leave from Kayla, and with Clyde gone and Harris looking after Ava, it is safe for him to jet to Hong Kong. They kiss.

Square - Ava and Harris have searched all available locations. They decide to commit a felony. (Harris cites 15th century philosophy because we're totally buying he's a smart character.)

Salem Inn, Lynch/Stein Quarters - Bobby/Everett swaggers in, pelvis first, picks the papers off the floor and tosses them back when someone's at the door. It's Rafe and Jada. She wants the papers. Will he get them? Yes. Then let's. OK. They do. Jada examines them. They look good. Rafe thanks Bobby/Everett/whoever he is these days. Rafe and Jada leave. Bobby/Everett looks at a picture of him with Jada on his phone. END.

He questions Roman's apparent "no overnight guest" policy. Roman ejected Ava not because of her murdering his father, but because it upset Kayla. He relents and will allow Ava to stay temporarily.
If Bo was rehabilitated and back in Salem, he'd "take apart" Ava for setting foot in the Pub after she caused Pop Shawn Brady's death.

Roman should be ashamed of himself. Shawn and Caroline are probably both rolling in their graves.

Thank you Jason for writing up today. Interesting that Li's murder is now heating up. After everyone has forgotten the man was ever on the show. The Li that was killed was far from the potential great guy that Li came on with. But then destruction of characters is what Days is great at. Used to be great at super couples, now they just destroy folks, for really no reason at all.

Today we learned the Bistro opens for lunch but served the dinner menu and has dry crab cakes. And that it has a dropped ceiling, and you can lift up the tiles and look for things.

I liked Everett when he first started, or was willing to give him a chance. But creepy Everett can go back to Seattle any time now. And knowing we have weeks before Stephanie figures something is wrong depending on the writers, it could change the next time he airs, is the really frustrating part.

I've decided if they like a character or the actor, they will keep writing anything and everything to keep them around. Everett/Bobby was so creepy today, I could barely watch him. i happen to like Tripp, but they write nothing for him. He's Steve's son, isn't he???

I really like Ava. The actress, I really like her. And gee Roman, guess you don't like your sister THAT much. He caved pretty quick.

I am so tired of whiny Wendy. Yes, go to Hong Kong. But did creepy Kristen get her to start thinking Gabi didn't kill Li? I still wonder if he actually is dead?

It appears that Bobby/Everett are the same person. I was hoping not but suddenly he appears to be going back and forth quite a bit. It was kind of weird that Jada recited how Bobby liked his coffee. I still don't like Jada & Rafe.

Only interesting stuff was Bobby. I fell asleep during a Wendy and Tripp scene and they were happy about something but I could not be bothered to rewind to find out what that was about. I have caught up by reading the summary and am thrilled with them that they might be leaving town. Permanently I hope.

Kristen and Stefan going after DiMera is a bore. Harris and Ava, Day 2 (or 3?) or finding Clyde's black book, don't care.

Disappointed at Roman for letting the killer of his father reside under his roof. All the respect I had for him vanished fast.

I am enjoying the Bobby/Everett performance and I'm down for a triangle with him and the two girls. Rafe is pointless, as usual.

So Action Hero Harris and Ava are going to do a little breaking and entering. Bo Brady must be smiling from ear to ear. Roman’s Little Brother wouldn’t have thought twice about a break-in to find Clyde’s black book.

Everett is acting stranger and stranger. This is a bad sign. Nick Fallon was getting pretty pretty erratic before he was killed

Finally, what makes Kritter and Stefan Zero think they can run a successful restaurant? The sight of either one of the gargoyles would give the average Salemite indigestion.

I agree that Blake Berris (Everett/Bobby) is doing a good job but I'm sort of bummed if this is just going to be some split personality thing. I'm hoping it's more interesting in some way like he had a twin and took over the personality. They seem to want us to think that he doesn't know what's happening. I think with all things Days we're always too in the dark. This has gone on a long time with the audience in the dark as much as everyone else.

I swear everything that's supposed to be suspenseful is written so the audience is just completely in the dark, watchers are trying to come up with answers and then after months there's a dud of an answer and they move on. I'd really like it if they gave clues or something along the way.

Thanks, Jason.

Roman needs to make up his mind if Ava can stay or not. Hopefully, Ava will find a new place to live before
Kayla finds out.

And Roman put up a help wanted sign. Will he need a new cook? Who will he hire?

Poor Wendy. Kristen came over and mentioned how many people were killed in the apartment. It made her
more paranoid than before.

Nice of Tripp to get tickets to go to Hong Kong.

Interesting Everett/Bobby talked to Jada and not Stephanie. Later, he didn't even mention Stephanie's name
when he talked to her alone. Is he turning more to the dark side?

Strange that Stefan told Rafe what was on the dinner menu when it was lunch. Was he trying to get Rafe to come
back later to eat?

Kristen seemed to be trying to get Wendy to vacate the apt. or is it get her to break it off with Tripp. She was purposely scaring an already upset Wendy, while seemingly being just so nice, as she was doing it.

I don't like Bobby or Everett or whoever he is or claiming to be. And it is more the portrayal. However, it does seem Bobby/Everett is still having a slight personality issue. So he supposedly had amnesia, and then lived under another name, so it seems now he is having flashes of that previous personality or something.

But very odd today when Chanel yakked about how Bobby liked his coffee. Makes you think she is somehow involved in whatever is happening to/with him. Or is this all fake intrigue?

I'd really like it if they gave clues or something along the way.
That would require them to plot in advance and stick with their decisions. Instead, they just throw a bunch of stuff out there and then make up their mind based on whatever is convenient by the time they want to wrap the story. This is how we got Clyde as Abigail’s killer.

It’s hard to tell where the writers are headed with this Bobby/Everett story. The timing doesn’t line up with how he was introduced. It seems like they’re trying to make it an amnesia thing but he was already using the name Everett before his accident when he was dating Stephanie. So if she’s only known him as Everett but he was Bobby when he was married to Jada, and that was supposedly at the same time, was he starting to develop a split personality back then? But then only one of the personalities stayed with him when he woke up from the accident and now he’s having flashes of Bobby?

If they really wanted to throw us for a loop, they could connect this all somehow to Konstantin and play the brainwashed card that the Everett persona was created to get close to Stephanie in order to reach Steve as payback for the supposed death of his beloved Katarina. And Jada was just collateral damage. But that would be way too complex of a plot for what we’ve seen over the past few years!

The timing doesn’t line up with how he was introduced.
I'm trying to figure out if we know for sure that Everett was with Stephanie when he was also married to Jada. Has that been established for sure?
They long ago established that Everett at least has no idea what's happening since he was talking to himself about when he was alone.

Maybe Everett/Bobby/Nick killed Li and he'll get off because of the Salem precedent with Abigail and then he walks into his room and we see a red heart pillow and next scene Gabi getting out of jail and now they're ready to take over DiMera.

Back