Days of Our Lives - Wed. April 28, 2010

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Episode #11,323 Taped 3/5 Director – Albert Alarr

Chad meets up with his mom on the pier, near Benchie. She gives him her car keys, so he can get to library & study groups easier, help him bring up his grades, but Dad is not to know. Chad gets a call, Mia is on the phone telling him she cannot make the study group tonight, she has to work late, and that Kinsey cannot have it, her mom is having a botox party, so it is over at Will’s grandfather’s house. Madeline hears this, takes the keys back, doesn’t want her son anywhere near the DiMeras. She goes on about the DiMeras being a crime family, while the Woods are officers of the court, and it would not look good for Chad to associate with them in any way.
Meanwhile, Will is having a conversation with Kate, who implies that the ill feelings between her & Madeline are because the DA tried to make everyone believe she poisoned Chloe. But there was not a shred of proof. She claims the Woods are against Kate & Stefano because they are powerful people, and also implies they could go after Will, too.
Madeline has convinced Chad to move the study group elsewhere, Chad calls Will, and Java it is. Mia is happy when they come in, Will calls Kinsey who is waiting for Tad to pick her up. Mia has come over, asking Chad to perhaps ditch the group after they are done, and “hang out” with her. He declines the offer, doesn’t want to, tells her she has a customer. Now Chad & Will talk of how Mia two timed them both, she seemed so sweet, Chad wishes he had been there for the baby, won’t ever forget that, but as far as Mia goes, she is not the person he thought she was. Mia watches them, figures they are talking about her, decides Chad still wants her, and she has a way to make that happen.

At the cop shop, Roman is talking to the cop who came upon Sami & EJ, Hope is writing the new victim’s name on the board, Roman commenting on the phone calls from irate citizens who want this mugger found. Hope asks about Kimberly, Roman replies that Bo said they are hopeful, is sorry Hope has not heard from Bo. He leaves, she spills her pills all over the floor, is picking them up as Julie comes in (looking gorgeous!) asking what she is doing, wondering if she is o.k. Hope complains about her inability to sleep, that her doctor wrote the presciption for her. Julie warns her about them becoming addictive, that all sleeping pills can become addictive. Hope assures her she is not addicted, evades answering how long she has been taking them, just “not long”. Now they have a nice conversation, Hope thanks Julie for taking Ciara last night, Julie thinks Ciara is a delight, Hope tells her of Ciara acting up, stealing from school. Julie thinks maybe the problem is Hope herself, but Hope denies, says she is up in the morning with Ciara, they talk, she packs her lunch, is home with her when Ciara returns from school, they talk. Hope mentions Ciara “making up” the Justin being new daddy” story, says not true. Julie, however thinks little people sop up the emotions around them, but Hope says there is nothing there for her & Justin, she is not ready. She has Ciara & her job, now has to get back to work. Julie leaves, and next we see Hope in her doctor’s office, wanting a new prescription. He refuses, she explains about them being all over the squad room floor (but doesn’t explain why they were with her, and not in her medicne cabinet). She goes on about previously waking up exhausted, having been dreaming of things frustrating, but now, she feels great, on top of things, knows she dreams, but can’t remember. He reminds her it is too soon for him to write another, insurance won’t pay for it. She doesn’t care, he caves, writes another prescription, but asks her for the bottle of unused pills so he can discard them.

Madeline shows up at Kate’s door, warning her that she does not want her son at their home, that Will may be a good kid, but her son is to stay away. She threatens Kate, that she can ruin them both very easily, even after all these years.

Nicole sits at Java making notes for future stories. Arianna joins her, has coffee in her hand, Nicole goes to take it, Arianna sweetly tells her if she wants coffee, she can get it right behind her. Nicole is about to give Arianna her list of stories, when Arianna breaks the news that Frank (news director) wants Nicole to cover alternative fuel day in Salem by shoveling out the elephant cage! Fat chance of that. Now Nicole learns that EJ was attacked, figures it was a good story, orders Arianna to go soften EJ up for an interview.
Over at the hospital, Lexie spots Nicole, they exchange a few barbs, Nicole warning protective Lexie off with a reminder of how she slept with Brandon to get back at her husband so don’t throw stones at her. Meanwhile, Arianna has come into EJ’s room, he is glad to see her, small talk, she explains why she is there. He agrees to give a statement to her reporter boss, saying “him”, but Arianna quickly explains it is not a he, is a she, Nicole, then quickly goes on how she got the job with Cece, was interviewed, Nicole was there, Cece got another job, took off, and Philip suddenly decided to give the job to Nicole, but Arianna did not know about it. He asks what will happen if he doesn’t do it, she replies Nicole will probably do what she did about the mayor, want to make things up, etc. She apologizes, she should not have even come, starts to leave, but EJ tells her to stop, he will do the interview.

Dr. Baker is in bed, dreaming of Hope knocking EJ out, hears Nicole’s voice, wakes up frantic cuz he knows that voice, realizes it is from the TV, shuts it off. He looks at his wallet and money laying on the bed, talks to himself of making this money work for him, and how his offshore Cayman Isl. Account is healthy once more. Next, he is in a bar (Cheatin Heart?) when nasty Mr. Clean taps him on the shoulder. Ooopsy, Bernie has found him, wants the money Baker owes him. Ah, Baker does his jovial tap dance routine, assuring Bernie he was going to pay him, has a hot poker game lined up for tonight. Bernie tells him to think of the seven Santini brothers, wants at least a down payment, Baker gives him a wad, Bernie takes off. Now Baker tells himself he has to find the dark eyed gal, ply her with drinks, find out her name…yep, it should work.

Nicole comes into EJ’s room, makes a couple nasty cracks to EJ, but Arianna follows her in, telling her that the minute she gets nasty with EJ, she is pulling the plug on the camera and the interview is over. Nicole comments on EJ having a protector now, but seems to agree. So how funny is it for Nicole DiMera, as she calls herself, to be calling him Mr. DiMera on air. LOL He talks of being attacked, has not yet given a statement to the police, knows he recognized one person there, figures they were working together, as the man he recognized did not stay to help. He figures he will remember all, and when he does, the persons who did this will pay. lNicole asks if he knows who it was....yep, he thinks it was an associate of hers.

Dr. Baker comes down the stairs on the pier, spots Hope standing there, tells her she is a sight for sore eyes. (Cannot get over a window box of flowers set next to the stairs, lol). He says he has been looking everywhere for her. Hope looks at him…..”Sorry, do I know you?”

Barb

Wow!! Interesting ending with Hope & Dr. Baker.
I want to know what this secret is between Kate & Madeline?? Has me perplexed!

Teen scene..blah!

Thanks for the write up Barb!

Thank you, I was wondering how long it was before Doc and Hope ran into each other on the pier as that seems to be the hot spot now..
Since when is Arrianna and Ej so close that she is talking EJ into things? AND a tv interview before a police statement?? Interesting ...

Thanks for the writeup, Poirot! Much appreciated!
Going to try to watch this one as I am enjoying Hope/Baker...the teens? not so much.

From what Madeline says to Kate about ruining them both, perhaps they were both hookers together ??? and yeah -- interesting about Hope asking Dr Dick if she knows him.... hmmm.

Honestly folks, I have not watched at ALL lately -- have barely read either... the show is just so stupid to me right now. Ugh...

Anyhow - Barb, THANKS for keeping us all up on the Salem Happenings.... at least when I want to read, you are always there !

:)

*PEACE*

Thank you, Barb. No Tad? Pout pout, I like him the most out of all the teens. However, I'm really warming up to the new Will and Chad together.

Go Julie! We need you around more to figure out what's going on with Hope.

Doc Baker vs Hope ought to be good. I don't like the Doc Baker and Under the Influence Hope scenes. They're just plain old boring to me.

Thanks for the write-up, Poirot! The whole episode sounds great to me. I can't wait to watch! :)

Honestly folks, I have not watched at ALL lately -- have barely read either... the show is just so stupid to me right now. Ugh...

Anyhow - Barb, THANKS for keeping us all up on the Salem Happenings.... at least when I want to read, you are always there !

:)

*PEACE*

Ditto. You couldn't pay me to watch these days, especially not without FF'ing, but I do still enjoy reading Barb's writeups.

Thanks for the write-up, Barb. I'm glad spring with its warmer weather has arrived in your neck of the woods.

Ditto. You couldn't pay me to watch these days, especially not without FF'ing, but I do still enjoy reading Barb's writeups.

You don't have to pay my wife and me. We watch DAYS everyday because we enjoy it. Its no wonder, though, that several people find it too boring to watch. With all the fast-forwarding, they miss a lot of details. I wonder if they skip chapters when reading novels.

I have to say that while I am not happy with some storylines, the dialogue cracks me up at times, and I should probably take notes about some of the lines. Like when Dr. Baker hears Nicole's voice, sees her on the TV, turns her off, commenting to himself.......Nicole, a reporter? That's like Paris Hilton being a Life coach.
Lexie talking to EJ about the mugging, him vowing vengeance or something....she tells him not to go all Sonny Corleone on her. LOL

As to Hope, she somehow feels very rested, so she says. When she tells her doctor (whose name is Dr. Spaceman!) about the "usual" dreams she used to have....unable to find a door, can't get to class....he retorts something about frustration dreams. (Gad I have those, too. )LOL. But she was so insistent about getting the prescription, and he was concerned that she was relying too much, they were too important to her. She assures him that is not so....oh, not her.

As you pointed out, you're currently enjoying the show--I am not. When I read a book, if I find I'm not enjoying it I put it down and don't finish it; I have no legal obligation to finish a book just because I bought it or checked it out of the library. With Days, when the show--like now--is not entertaining me but instead is actively both irritating and boring me, then I spend my entertainment time elsewhere. Because I still have an affection for a couple of the characters and because it is still possible that future stories may interest me, I continue to check out Barb's writeups. I don't get the implication that I have some moral or ethical obligation to watch the show every day, that I have to watch without FF'ing, or that just because I loved it back in 1987 I have to still love it and support it today. If it gets better, I'll tune back in--I once went something like eight years without watching a minute of it, yet I eventually started watching again.

Poirot said:
Arianna follows [Nicole] in, telling her that the minute she gets nasty with EJ, she is pulling the plug on the camera and the interview is over.

I ask again: "Who does Arianna think she is?" I'm surprised Nicole is letting her get away with her smart remarks.

Thanks Poroit!

Man is Doc Baker going to be surprised he's in cahoots with a cop...lolol!

Arianna is ruining what is otherwise a fun time for me...watching Nicole in her new life/job. Love that she is not backing down and instead giving them all heck for calling the kettle black. She is the bright spot for me these days. Can't wait to see EJ's face when she sticks that mike up there. Going to love her scenes with Baker when they finally run into each other.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was common knowledge about Kate's past. So I don't see how this info coming out could ruin her.

We really have no idea what in Kate's past (also involving Stefano) is the basis of Madeline's threats. Sure we know she was a hooker at one time......but it would appear Madeline means something else in her conversation.

Looks like Madeline could be a real problem for Kate and Stefano. I don't think it has anything to do with hooking, because Kate's career in that area is known to us. I just wish they'd let us in on the Kate / Stefano / Madeline secret sooner rather than later.

Thanks Barb, good writing, but it seems like a lull right now. Looks like they're getting ready for the May sweeps, hope they tie some loose ends together. I really appreciate your Days Ahead write up as some days I have errands or appointmenst and am not home to watch, but at least I will already know what I am going to miss! Does that make any sense??? LOL

.... Nicole comes into EJ’s room, makes a couple nasty cracks to EJ, but Arianna follows her in, telling her that the minute she gets nasty with EJ, she is pulling the plug on the camera and the interview is over.

I ask again: "Who does Arianna think she is?" I'm surprised Nicole is letting her get away with her smart remarks.

Did you ever stop to think that Arianna is following orders from someone at the station to keep Nicole on a very short leash?

On the local news stations around here (NYC area), it seems the producer, director, and/or camera person has control of the way a remote report is presented .... that's why the reporters always have those funny 'things' in their ears. They're getting orders! The reporter does interviews, presents facts on air, BUT .... How it is shot, etc is not usually under the reporter's control. Others make those decisions. Reporters can make suggestions .... but not demands. (Especially a rookie who hasn't a clue of what she's doing!) And the reporters 'on the street' around here always acknowledge 'the team'.

Back