Days of Our Lives - Wed. Aug 19 2009

I really do hope that the writer's don't have Ciara shot. Enough already - let Bo & Hope rescue their little girl and get on with their lives. Maybe Bo's vision is wrong (again) and Ciara doesn't get shot... or maybe if she gets shot, she doesn't die. That would just kill Bo & Hope who have been through so much... of course, maybe this is why Carly is coming back to save Ciara's life (and not get in the middle of Hope & Bo's).

Dean must really hold a grudge. Hope has been a detective for a long time.

This is just like the grudge that Dr. Charlotte Taylor had against Marlena when she was treating John. Her Daddy didn't give her enough attention but was always raving about Marlena, so then she went for revenge and John ended up paralyzed. Now this Dean is a big baby because he got passed over for a promotion, so he's part of the plan to kidnap Ciara. How lame. Sadly there are plenty of people in real life who continue to dwell on the past instead of living in the present.

soapnut, maybe it wasn't notarized? I know mine had to be before I went into the hospital for procedures.

It doesn't have to be on file BEFORE the patient is admitted. A relative bringing it in after a patient has lapsed into a coma (like Lucas did) will suffice. Some states do require notarization. Many don't but most do require witnesses. ......

Here, we just need 2 witnesses for ours' to be valid. It can even be a handwritten directive.

What? Dean didn't get a promotion? Who the heck is Dean? He wasn't on the show even a year ago, so why should he get promoted? Kill him off now and end this inane storyline.

:clap::clap::clap: I couldn't agree more.

Re living wills For us as long as it is in the person's own hand writing and witnessed by two people all the family has to do is bring it to the hospital and the hospital will make a copy give the origianal back to the family. It is placed at the front of the chart so all the health care workers can see it and it is followed. Only problem is if the family does not agree with the wishes they can just not bring it in. Most of the time the patient will carry it with them.

I was going to comment on the Living Will situation but you all have handled the discussion well. The attorneys that I work for have advised clients that they *may* (meaning not *have to*) want to "file" it with their doctors and any local hospitals they expect to visit.

However, I had to laugh out loud at KathyLu's comment. That was great!!

My big question has to do with the money. Just how many pieces of paper does it take to get 5 million in cash in $50 bills and smaller amounts. Do the math.... So what I want to know is just how big that briefcase is!!

1st comment: As I have been in and out of the hospital 7 times (so far this year alone), I have a living will on file. All of my doctors have a copy of it. Every time I come here (I'm in now), they ask me if it's still valid (still my wishes).

2nd: I am *hating* this kidnapping story.

3rd: I love love love Melanie. She has really grown on me. Molly has really grown in her acting as well. Major Kudos!

Wow, your hospital allows you to go online???? Wish mine did.

Oh yeah! Got my laptop, my Iphone, I'm all set!

They have WiFi for the patients. Even encourage you to bring your laptop. I guess if you're not concentrating on being sick, you get better faster.

Besides, I couldn't live without being able to get on here 70 times daily!!!

Screen protection NEEDED

Maybe part of the ransom is Wal*Mart gift certificates.
Coffee on my screen!!!!!!
You are such a hoot!!! this is what we all need a GOOD sense of humor. I totally agree the pain and death to little ones that TPTB seem to be stuck on needs to get unstuck
ASAP

Love reading everyone's comments about the living will. The thing that struck me is that they don't know if the copy Lucas had was a copy. Maybe the original is on file somewhere. No one checked. Loved how Nathan is such an expert on the topic. I guess there must be a whole semester on medical laws when you go to med school. Stands to reason.

I can't stand Nathan and I can't stand Stephanie. They are so special that everyone needs to fall all over them as soon as they crook their dirty little finger. Grrr. So enjoyed it when Melanie said to Nathan, "Get over yourself. I have." The emotions she portrays in one episode are fantastic. She went from elated to crestfallen in less than an hour.

I fast-forwarded Daniel and Kate.

Bo. OMG. Just an amazing actor. His anxiety and helplessness were so real. When he took off his tie and unbuttoned his shirt ... I would wager that the actor did that without direction. He's so great. Hope's so not doing it for me with this storyline. She is just going through the motions. But I must admit that this is a good story. It's not the usual kidnapping by the Dimeras or a family member, which makes it even scarier. I don't think Ciara is going to get hurt. I just don't. And hopefully this mistaken vision will mark the end of Bo's visions.

Thanks for the great summary, Barb.

Back