Days of Our Lives - Wed., Feb. 12, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Eric & Nicole are kissing in their darkened bedroom, talking of their love, as over in the Kmansion, Xander & Sarah are doing the same. Xander is in 7th heaven, never dreaming that Sarah would actually love him, oh, she does. She gets a call, then calls Eric, the test results are in. He will meet her at the hospital, Nicole insists on going along, wants to be there for him. At the hospital, Sarah opens the envelope, alas, none of them are matches, nor are Kristen, Brady or Maggie. Faces fall, but they still have hope for a miracle, as Nicole tells Eric when they are back home.

Xander goes to tell Victor, they chatter away about Sarah loving him at last, Vic not pleased, but o.k. Vic calls Theresa, gets her to agree to get Tate tested, and Theresa will do so herself as well. They talk of Sarah never finding out about the switched babies, she walks in, what can't she find out. Xander makes up a tale of planning to build a playhouse in the yard for Mackenzie, was to be a surprise. (Guess he can start right away, must be summer, the way everyone is dressed)

Kristen is gazing at the Steveano portrait, knocking, tis Brady. She tries to put him off about coming in (because of the portrait), but tho he says it was DiMera contracts, he really just wanted to see her. Kristen caves, lets him in, he's shocked at portrait, she says Chad/Abby found it stashed in gatehouse, brought it there. Why? She says they knew she had seen her father in person, wondered if he now looked like Steve. Brady thinks it is weird, can't be, gets call from Eric about test results, he & Kristen talk about losing their own child, grieving. Kristen prays with Brady for recovery for Mickey. Brady thinks she is amazing. They are taking all this slowly, so quick kiss, he leaves.

Earlier Justin visited Victor, who is to be released tomorrow. He wants to know what Victor told Ciara, who was so convinced Xander & Vic had killed Jordan, but now is convinced they did not. Vic evades like always. They talk of Adrienne, of Justin now with Kayla, he will always love Adrienne, Kayla makes him happy now. Justin leaves, will see Vic at home.

Replay of Steveano stopping Kayla from answering her phone, thanking her for helping him, needs another favor. Wants her to hide him. They argue back and forth, she tells him go to police, no, he wants to lay low, get Stefano himself, needs to be out of sight for a while. They argue, Justin arrives, Steveano hides in closet/bathroom???) . Justin wonders why office door locked, Kayla claims working on a difficult report, too many interruptions. Yes, Victor being released, staff happy, going to have a party. LOL Justin suggests one of their own, privately, she cannot, the report. Finally Justin leaves, Steveano comes out, glad all went o.k. They argue a bit more, but she goes to get something, will be back. He locks door, snoops thru her desk.

Ciara has brought Ben to the gatehouse, making the statement that they have not lived there for a year, no one will look for them there. (So, eye rolling here....would that not be first place? And I thought Chad & Abby were already living there?? Oh, well.) Ben strongly urges Ciara to leave, go, if found there, will be in trouble. She refuses, he insists, she resists. She doesn't care, only wants to be with him, nothing else matters. She gets him a change of clothes, he is still telling her to leave. Nope. She makes something for him to eat, then asks him if they can just be themselves, they have not been together, just themselves for so long. They kiss.

Kayla knocks on her office door, it's Kayla, Steve-ano lets her in. She has neatly folded scrubs in her hands, he thanks her, she wants to help him put them on, so he doesn't pull a stitch.

Really Eric? Nicole should never doubt that you love her? Think of how badly you treat her. I always liked Nicole and Brady but seems I better get used to Nicole and Eric, and Brady and Kristen. Kristen! I just don't understand the writers wanting those two together so badly. I did like when Kristen said today that she has a way of messing things up. Yes. Please do that.

I was surprised Kristen wasn't a match for Mackenzie. I thought for sure she would be. So is it going to be Tate?

So is all this closeness with Kayla, his Sweetness, going to out bring Steve? Please?!

Ciara has brought Ben to the gatehouse, making the statement that they have not lived there for a year, no one will look for them there. (So, eye rolling here....would that not be first place?
They should've gone to Hope's house. No one's been there in a year, it seems, because of the supposed repairs from a broken water pipe. :rolleyes:

I knew Chad & Abby were not living there, otherwise the sheets would be gone. But since they have their plans, which included getting new furniture, contractors, etc. there would be others coming in and out, including Chad & Abby. Just did not want to write all that in the summary.

And usually, it is first place cops would check, but then......we are talking Salem P.D.

I don't think they ever would have mentioned Tate, especially several times, unless he would turn out to be the match. Yes, Kristen and Brady were awful to have to watch. I will never like her or them and am sorry that they are the parents of the sweet baby. I agree with @Operagirl - seeing a middle-aged woman rolling around giggling like a lovesick teenager was cringeworthy.

The other day, Kristen made a statement that made me choke.....She said something to the effect that it was easy for her to pretend to be Nicole with the mask, they are the same body type!!!!

I think the actress is a good one, does a great job, but they just have to stop giving her such ridiculous lines.

Oh please: Fickle, judgmental Eric declaring his eternal love for Nicole verges on the cringeworthy. Everyone knows that he could drop her like a hot rock anytime the whim strikes him.

Bad strategy: Was it really wise for Ciara to hide Ben in the gatehouse? Even a police force inept as the one in Salem might think to look in his old haunts. In any case, the least she can do would be to get him a baseball cap to use as a disguise. She might also want to inquire if the old Nicole mask is still available for Ben's use.

Crowded quarters: Perhaps, Kayla should hide Steve-ano in the DiMansion gatehouse with Ben. That way she and Ciara can combine their concealment efforts.

Join the club: The Phoenix's portrait in the DiMansion living room was forced to be a silent witness to EJ and Sami's love couch antics. Now the Steve-ano picture is compelled to do the same with Brady and Kristen's overheated smooching. Obviously, nobody has any respect for DiMera family artwork.

Line of the day: Kayla gets it for saying: "I don't understand any of this." Join the club Kayla. Very little about Days makes any sense any more.

Last edited:
Since I mostly listen, not watch, I thought Ben and Ciara were at the cabin he took her. Or did it burn down finally?

Thanks, Poirot.

Today's episode could be called "Liar, liar pants on fire"

Kristen lied to Brady about the picture, Kayla lied to Justin,
and Stevano
lied to Kayla.

Interesting to hear Stevano call Kayla sweetness today. It made her
want to help him more.

Maybe Justin isn't a good lawyer because he can't tell when someone
lies to him.

I'm not sure if Ciara is as smart as she thinks she is. She told Ben they could stay
at the gatehouse because the Salem PD wouldn't look there since they haven't
lived there for a year. Hopefully, that's true.

I'm glad Victor called Theresa to get her and Tate tested. Maybe one of them
will be a match.

Anyone else think it's odd Mickey's parents are romping in bed
while she's sick?
You would think they would be doing more to find a donor for her.

Wonder if all the talk about having Tate tested is nothing more than another misdirection. If that also turns out to be a dead end, I hope that all this commitment and devotion that Xander is showing towards Sarah and Mickey is because he really is the real dad/match and has known that Mickey's real parents are him and Sarah, the whole time.

The thing is.......that baby, Mickey, could possibly turn out to be a different baby completely - not Brady/Kristen's.......and I sure hope it is not! But, I do agree, I just would love for the father of that baby to be Xander.
Hey, would that not be the huge twist, the surprise that shocks Sarah.......that Xander is a match! oooh, just thought of that.

Back