Days of Our Lives - Wed., Feb. 13, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Am thinking Leo has a scene today that will make Nick's Valentine pillow seem mild. But first, Diana meets with John, knows he probably wants to talk of Leo, despite it being Valentine's Day, she has no illusions that he was thinking anything romantic. Yep, that's it. He asks about Leo's father. Diana does her usual avoiding, her husband is dead. John knows that already, but gets down to nitty gritty right away. Is he Leo's bio father.......there is a chance. She yaps about having moved on after John, how young they were, finally noting she knows he could get DNA test, will save him the trouble, yes, Leo is his son.

Rafe has called Hope, has landed, on his way to station. Gabi spots him, he doesn't have time, she mentions Ben arrested, Jordan in town, and having just seen her with Kate. Weird, Kate drunk, Jordan helping, etc. She has to go pick up Ari, Rafe ponders, calls Hope, leaves message that he is on way to station, but has to check on something...maybe nothing, but his gut is telling him has to do with Ben Weston.

Jordan has taken Kate to her room, dropped her on the bed, saying Kate is just too nosy for her own good. She pulls another hypo from her bag, Kate is muttering, asking what she has done. Sshhh, go to sleep, Kate's eyes close, Jordan smiles.

Replay of Hope telling Eli “good work” on nailing Ben, Eli not being so sure. He comments how Ben seemed really shocked when they found the baby blanket in his room. Hope is having none of that, look at him now, he is talking to himself.

But Ben is going over events in his mind, imagining Ciara there, asking questions. She insists he did not black out and take her, he is puzzled by the items found in his room. Thinks Hope planted them. Nope, not after the accelerant fiasco. Then he thinks of Tripp. Ciara again thinks he would not go that far, especially Charlotte is his cousin, he would not take her. Was anyone else in his room. Ben gets the lightbulb moment, ….Jordan....Nah, she would not do that, she always has protected me. So who went to Abigail's and then Charlotte turned up missing? Who later told Abby Ben might have taken her?

Who was in your room, trying to convince you to go back to Bayview, and who then talked to the cops, getting them to come to your room. Ben has slowly realized who has been setting him up.

Sonny finds a Valentine, thinks it is from Will, tears it open only to find it is from Leo, with some small pics of his blackmailing photos. Leo comes strolling in, glad Sonny found the Valentine, warns him he wants Sonny in bed, being his husband, or he is sending both him & Will to jail.

Meanwhile, Will is trying to write on a Valentine for Sonny, but gives up, Marlena comes in, joins him. He does his “woe is me and Sonny” thing, she is supportive. They mention Ben being arrested, she has not evaluated him, doesn't know his condition, and would not be able to tell Will anyway. More supportive chatter, she wants him & Sonny together. Hopes things work out. She is outside when John comes along, so very happy to see her. She asks how it went with Diana. Yes, Leo is his son.

Gabi comes to the mansion, sees Sonny looking miserable, he spills it all to her, she guesses he is being blackmailed, but doesn't want to know what it is, admitting she herself is no angel. They jabber at length, he figures he may as well get it over with, she says hold on a bit. Leo wants to know what Sonny decided, he replies he will be right there,.

Rafe is at Kate's door, sees the do not disturb sign hanging, laughing as it is too early in the day. He knocks, knocks again, says it is Rafe, no answer. Finally calls her, leaves message, then is about to depart, hears a thud. He breaks down the door, finding Kate unconscious on the floor.

Jordan has returned to the cabin, cooing and oohing and aahing to Charlotte. Ciara says she had been crying, but stopped, Ciara seemed to calm her down. (Please note Jordan neither worries about changing the diaper, feeding this tiny baby, just wants her to sleep. ) Jordan tells Ciara about Ben being arrested, is in jail, her plan worked. Ciara asks if now Jordan will let them go. Oh, she can let Charlotte go, but not Ciara, as she will tell what Jordan did, thus undoing all her plans and work. Ciara swears not to say a word, won't see Ben, will have her mom issue a restraining order, but Jordan doesn't trust her

Leo hears someone at the door.....he is in bed, evidently completely naked, except for a huge red, glittery heart covering what are glad we don't see. He is smiling, welcoming chatter, til he sees it is Gabi standing there. Where is Sonny? Oh, he is downstairs, I'm here so we can get better acquainted.

Sonny calls Will, tells him Leo is occupied, can he come over to the mansion now. Will is on his way.

Eli comes into the interrogation room to take Ben to a cell. The imaginary Ciara vanishes instantly. In the other room, Hope gets the message Rafe left, is rather startled to hear about his gut feeling his errand has to do with Ben. Behind her, Ben comes out, holding a gun, she turns, he is telling her not to do anything, or he will shoot her.

At the cabin, Jordan is rummaging around in her purse, telling Ciara the only way to deal with her, is she can no longer be alive. She finds what she is looking for, no, not another hypo. Its a lighter. Jordan figures she start the fire, Ben will be blamed of course, will be in prison forever. In the background, Ciara is distraught.

I do not believe for one minute that John is actually Leo's father. She's just going with it because that's what he thinks.

Sonny and Will are so annoying. I just don't feel that they are destined to be together.

I am happy that Ben figured out it's Jordan but not happy that he now has a gun on Hope.

Thank you, Poirot.

Sounds like Gabi is about to pull a good over on Leo.

Same goes for Diana with John...I don't believe he's Leo's father, either. Why else would she want to save him the trouble of getting a DNA test? John better get one pronto, and have it analyzed by an independent lab in Chicago. We don't want any funny business going on with the results through the lab at Salem's hospital.

Run, Ben, Run!!! Get moving while you still have use of the Salem Brain.

Last edited:
So is John "dumb" enough to believe this version of Diana Colville? Why does Judith Chapman show up on shows ALWAYS playing the exact same kind of character? Never is she sympathetic or likable. I knew she would say Leo is John's. She's as unlikable as Leo is.

Someone stop this piggish portrayal of Leo. It's insulting and unnecessary. It's crude and not in the least funny. I cannot fast forward him fast enough. Victor needs to go all "Victor" on him and make him disappear. Maybe it would be nice to see Maggie channel her inner "B" and make posthaste of him.

Eli even played Ben's last desperate message to Ciara on her phone, where he said he doesn't know what happened or who has taken her, but he will find her.......and Hope was not moved at all. Made Eli think twice, not her, tho. Ugh.

I do not believe for one minute that John is actually Leo's father. She's just going with it because that's what he thinks.
Those are my thoughts exactly. Scheming Diana probably made the claim to get her hooks into John. What's she going to do next -- hire shyster Ted and sue poor John for back child support?

Elsewhere, things weren't going all that well for some other other Salemites.

Ben: Now that he's taken Eli's gun and menaced Hope with it, he has committed real crimes. The upside is that when done in Salem for a good cause, such offenses are forgotten. This means if an escaped Ben saves Ciara and Baby Charlotte, all will be forgiven, at least for a while.

Gabi: Was the sight of Leo reprising Nick Fallon's strategically-placed-valentine routine sufficient punishment for all her past schemes and crimes? In any case, her various plots must have given a strong stomach. She didn't bat an eye when encountering creepy Leo's exercise in vulgar exhibitionism.

Jordan: She may think she's on top of the world, but she's headed for a major fall. Her convoluted plot to frame Ben was too clever by half. It has involved too many victims and left behind too much evidence of malfeasance. In short, Jordan is on the fast track for a stretch in Bayview or Shady Hills.

Ciara: Now that crazy Jordan is lighting matches, she must think all is lost. However, the viewers now know that Ben, like the Lone Ranger, will ride to her rescue in the nick of time

Last edited:
I know Gabi is bratty and terrible now, but I still have a smidge of love for that. Lots of people run around blustering in the face of villains about what they're going to do, but I do believe Gabi might actually dream up a scheme to get Leo. She made me laugh today.

Jordan's scheme is just one giant facepalm. I kidnapped you to protect you and frame my brother, but now I've decided to kill you. This had to involve planning to decide on the cabin and how she was going to plant the evidence, but why keep Ciara tied up if you just planned to kill her? Did she not think it through? Terrible writing, but I do like how this might all catch up with Hope and her one-track Ben hatred.

Good Grief, did John play into Diana's hands? His grimace at the "news" registered with Diana and it looked like she was happy to see him not be thrilled. I have a giant size question with that information. I don't trust mother or son.Lets tie up that storyline really really fast, I cant stand yet another "John's son" storyline.I refer to good ole Roman's statement "John, didn't anyone ever tell you how NOT to have kids?" I loved that line.

Eli even played Ben's last desperate message to Ciara on her phone, where he said he doesn't know what happened or who has taken her, but he will find her.......and Hope was not moved at all. Made Eli think twice, not her, tho. Ugh.

Eli Grant is the Enos Strait to Hope's Boss Hogg (from the Dukes of Hazzard).

For those unfamiliar with the Dukes of Hazzard, Enos was the only good cop in Hazzard County.(Although in the pilot episode, they said Sheriff Coltrane was a good cop for 30 years who turned dirty when his retirement pension was taken away.)

Not a single thing to like today. The Ben/Ciara stuff has gone from slow burn to forest fire. WE GET IT. They're connected.

Leo's a step too far for my tastes. If they really wanted us to care about him (they don't), they'd have him back off.

I have no doubt Leo's not an Alamain DiMera Robicheaux. IF it turns out he is, at least both of our star-crossed 'lervers' have slept with one of Will's step-uncles. Tit for tat.

Thanks, Poirot.

I hope either John or Marlena (if he tells her) decides to get a DNA test
on Leo.

Rafe got to the Horton Square fast. Can airplanes land next to it?

Why oh why did we have to see the Valentine pillow? The last time
Nick had it and Gabi saw him with that one too.

Ben had a conversation with his subconscious and Ciara. Then
he figured
it out Jordan did the kidnappings. The Salem PD can't figure things out when
they are talking to each other.

How did Ben get the gun from Eli? Did he handcuff Eli to the chair?

Rafe got to the Horton Square fast. Can airplanes land next to it?
Yep. They land on that fire pit in the square so passengers can deplane very fast. There is a hole in the bubble cover over the square so the plane can get in and out: straight up like a helicopter. sarcasm.jpg

Back