Days of Our Lives - Wed., Feb. 7, 2024

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
36 minutes. Let's see how many minutes move the plot meaningfully.

Private area - Harris and Ava meet secretly in heavy coats. He tells her about the drug raid and that Clyde is still a threat. Flashback to a kiss they shared, after which Ava told Harris about Clyde's blackmail. He asks if she'll testify when Clyde is captured. He tells her to slap him. (Was some of this new? It wasn't mentioned in that day's summary.) Back in the now, Harris tells her about the "candyman" being brought down by a cop. He was the main connection to Clyde. The officer is taking it hard. They all have to push forward. Ava flashes back to smooching her former fiancé’s twin. She feels she doesn't deserve a break and warns Harris to bail now. He won't, and he leaves. She talks with Stefan on the phone.

DiMansion - T-shirt wearing Stefan enters and suit-wearing EJ chuckles. Nicole is staying near Holly. EJ wants to know where Stefan was last night? EJ tells him about the drug raid and is "glad" Stefan wasn't caught up in it. Former drug lord EJ gloats about how bad drugs are, and how Clyde is mixed up in it, and how Clyde was a pusher. He wonders if Stefan will someday be in the news? Stefan blames EJ for not helping him when he needed it. The rapists bluster and EJ makes a rape joke. EJ implies he could help if he were a private citizen/CEO, Stefan reminds him he offered that to him. EJ calls Stefan his little brother. More clucking and blustering before EJ cackles and giggles as he leaves the room.

Paulina's Apartment - Chanel stopped by the bakery on her day off. Bakers don't get a day off, she quips. (Does she still own the place?) It's the day before her wedding. Chanel learns the hospital called. Abe and Paulina soap stare. Paulina reveals the growth has grown and her surgery's been moved up. Later, Johnny has teleported in and learns about the surgery. They enjoy some scones and Paulina has a nervous one-shot. Later, they talk about the plans. Johnny's got St Luke's reserved, the dresses are ready, and the photographer will take lots of pictures since Lani, Eli, and Big Momma (who has an ear infection) can't make it. She gets a call and the surgery has been rescheduled to the wedding's time.

Evans-Black Townhouse - Marlena has brought the hair-tousled and unshaved John a hot drink. They discuss his late night and his new client, who flaked and no-showed. John is looking away as they talk. He seems pained, Marlena asks about it. He talks about being an assassin and a priest and wonders if the past stays in the past, especially if the past can't be remembered so past mistakes can't be learned from. This conversation circles for a bit. She loves him and wouldn't change him.

Pub - Stephanie and Kayla are having breakfast. They recap the very exciting drug plot, how Holly was lucky, how Everett is a reporter, and how Clyde should go to hell. Kayla pries about Stephanie's relationship progress with Everett, because Kayla would be happy if Stephanie was happy with someone making her happy. Stephanie remembers her connection with Everett in Seattle two years ago and their great talks because he's so intelligent. He's moving fast though, which gives Stephanie pause (I'm guessing because his name isn't Nathan Horton?). Kayla says if it's meant to be/true love like her and Stephanie's dad, it will work out. Later, Stephanie and Kayla talk about Kayla's pending anniversary and how she and Steve married four times.

DiMansion in front of Stefano's portrait - Stefan calls Ava and is upset she talked to Harris. He asks to see her now. Later, she has arrived, he asks if she was followed. She says it shouldn't worry him since their cover story is an affair. He warns her to stay away from RoboCop, worries that Harris knows the truth. Round and round about how it never happened, even though it was supposed to be happening, and how Wendy and Tripp need to be reminded not to blab. Later, she implores he trust her.

Police Office - EJ wants to talk to Rafe, who is busy, so he and Harris recap the bust and the puppetmaster's shooting by a cop. EJ looks nervous. Harris vows to nail Clyde. EJ asks about the raid at the Bistro that happened just before he left for Italy. He doesn't care if his "little brother" is mixed up in this, they must move forward.

Paulina's Townhouse - The surgery was moved up based on the urgency of her condition revealed by the test results. Paulina and Chanel disagree about whether or not they can marry without Paulina there. Johnny stands by Chanel and Abe says it's their wedding. Once they reach a consensus, Paulina and Abe leave the room to prepare and Johnny hatches a plan.

Black-Evans Townhouse - John thinks he'll sleep better tonight. Marlena is going to run errands and he'll be there when she returns. She leaves. He calls Steve and asks to meet him at the office so he can tell him something. END

It irks me no end that Stefan and EJ's ages are reversed. Granted the scabs stink and they're now being headed by a predator writing rape jokes, but the added children and SORAS-ing really make it hard to invest even momentarily.

Eh, eh, there’s nothing else I can say about this snooze of a show.

Well done, Jason!

I am glad they filled in the blanks with the conversation we did not see before when Ava confessed all to Harris. I just hope he can help and not get killed in the process. I still want him and Ava to leave Salem together.

EJ was really snarky with Stefan today. I wanted to slap that sneer off his face. Don't you just adore brotherly love in reverse?

Stephanie and Everett are anything but true love when he isn't being honest with her. We know he is not completely in the dark as far as Jada is concerned, since he flew the scene when he saw her at The Brady Pub.

I hope Steve picks up on John's weird behavior and figures it out before it's too late. Of course, that won't happen due to duh plot.

EJ was really snarky with Stefan today. I wanted to slap that sneer off his face.
Think about it: What show would give us two formerly-dead rapists bickering about which one of them is currently disgracing their crime family by dealing drugs? And what other show would even think of it?

Yeah, at first I thought they were showing a lot of previously aired scenes, but then realized it was what was said that we didn't see. Glad she was honest. Really want the drug stuff over.

Just knew Paulina's surgery would be the same time as the wedding. But big deal. Postpone the wedding a day or two. Though I think Johnny is planning on a hospital wedding.

Thanks, Jason.

Surprise, surprise, not, Paulina's surgery is the same day as the wedding.

The day before Valentine's Day must be a long one in Salem since it's "tomorrow", but none of the other characters
mentioned it.

Harris had a great disguise. He pretended to be a street cleaner, but didn't wear a hat to hide his face :)

Not surprised that Harris and Ava are working together.

Think about it: What show would give us two formerly-dead rapists bickering about which one of them is currently disgracing their crime family by dealing drugs? And what other show would even think of it?
This is truly over the top. Leo could really write a super snarky column with this material. Elsewhere, the episode was another total snoozefest. It’s remarkable how the writers can keep churning out one dud after another.

Zero is pathetic excuse for a DiMera, appearing to be totally intimidated by the all powerful Clyde. What should he do? Easy. Hire a some bodyguards and send a few of Father’s most ruthless hired killers after the Poplar Bluff kingpin. It’s time Clyde joined Tammy Sue in the hereafter.

EJ was really laying on hot, steaming b/s today — saying that he “values what’s right.” The absurdity of this nonsense coming from “Elvis Jr.” would put Bo Brady into a coma if he wasn’t in one already.

Finally, since when does the Pub serve avocado toast? If Roman lets the Pub menu stray too far from the greasy, salty, high cholesterol entrees that are its traditional fare, Dad Brady will be spinning in his grave.

Last edited:
Apparently, Nicole was shuffled off the show due to you-know-whom (the fired guy) and her complaints about the working environment. Based on the timeline presented in her lawsuit, that is. So that explains the lack of baby-switch story as well as Holly and Nicole's absence.

Back