Days of Our Lives -Wed., Jan. 10, 2018

Did anyone notice that they showed Chad clean shaved and later in the episode his beard was back?
Yes, Barb mentioned that in the summary. Maybe he just had blueberry pie for lunch. (Hey, that worked for Andy in The Andy Griffith Show.)

Old Cowgirl, the sleazeball's name was Scooter.

Thanks, Poirot.

Maybe in Salem if you want a beard it magically appears.

Does Gabi Chic sell bathrobes? She can make lots of money selling
them in Salem.

I didn't know John wore reading glasses until he and Steve talked about it.
Hopefully, Steve will tell Kayla about his vision problems. Wait, it's Salem,
he'll probably won't tell her until it's almost too late.

Does Andre have two phones? He texted Vivian and someone can figure
out what he's doing unless he has a burner phone.

Gabi: I loved her fire and passion in her scenes with Stefan. I absolutely loved how she wasn't buying what that creep was trying to sell. Unfortunately I've watched enough daytime tv to know where that kind of initial animosity can lead. :sick: So I just kept reciting my new mantra: Gabi and JJ, Gabi and JJ, Gabi and JJ.

Anyway, how she handled Stefan and me going :clap::clap::clap::clap: with naturally a lot of :love::love::love::love:.

But then she decided to stay with DiMera because of her trust in this case a clueless and I'm afraid ultimately ineffectual Kate had me saying in my most concerned voice: Oh baby, no, :cry::cry::cry:

It's clear that whatever Andre and Vivian have planned for "Gabi Chic" cannot be good for Gabi in the long run. So naturally they are on my you-know-what list but then Vivian went that extra mile too far: she referred to Gabi in a derogatory fashion as "the little felon." So her name can never again besmirch my keyboard so she shall henceforth be referred to be me as "the Gruesome Gargoyle."

Last edited:
We got 2 "new" sets in this episode. I'm shocked. Will we see the conference room set next?

The beard thing was ridiculous. The editors must think we are stupid in that we won't notice such things.

Nice to see some bubbles bursting but Lani confiding in Kayla was a bit odd, especially since they never once acknowledged that JJ is Kayla's nephew. If you're going to do scenes like this, acknowledge the messiness of it. Same goes for John's son sharing scenes with Marlena's grandson. Acknowledge it and include the awkward family connections. This is a soap opera.

I don't care about Gabi Chic. I don't care about Abigail suddenly being so involved in Dimera Enterprises either.

Kayla asked Lani to tell her what is troubling her. Lani said....but you are JJ's aunt. Kayla replied that Lani is her patient, thus doctor/patient confidentiality makes anything Lani tells her safe.

The beard thing..yes, stupid, but that is what happens when you film parts of various episodes one day, and parts another day, then take various scenes and edit them into an episode. Some actors have mentioned filming 3 shows in one day....meaning their scenes. Also why sometimes we wonder why a character is in the same clothes for over a week. LOL

Thanks for the summary!
Stefan knocks on Abby’s bedroom door, and of course, she is wrapped in a towel, says just a minute, opens the door. (Listen up, Days, NO ONE does that!) Stefan gives her the once over, she asks what he wants. She obviously is not happy to see him, he tells her to be in his office in an hour, starts to leave. She tells him that she & Chad may work for him, their relationship is professional. This room is their personal space, and don’t ever come here again. Shuts the door. eh
We can't have it both ways. Over the years, I've seen many comments on this board where posters were hoping to see actors without their shirts.
In my opinion, shirtless is one thing.......but this opening the door just out of the shower, towel clad, is not acceptable, and is definitely overdone on Days.
This whole way of writing these characters in NOT entertaining! It is offensive, demeaning and WRONG. Not every scene has to be sexually suggestive, but I agree with the comments about a bare chest when it is just eye candy.

I sure don't get where, why and how everyone bought into Gabi Chic being ANYTHING, let alone a successful start-up company. YUK! As DrBakerFan put it so perfectly:
:confused: Vivian: She's going to do an initial public offering of shares of Gabi Chic? Who'd want to buy stocks in a faux company whose business consists of women's products endorsed by a woman who was convicted of murdering the man with the strategically-placed heart-shaped pillow? And if this company has profits in the six figures, it's only because they're measured in Japanese yen or the Vietnamese dong.

Back