Days of Our Lives - Wed., Jan. 24, 2018

and everything remains status quo
snore.gif
“today I made a new friend. His name is Paul.
:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
hoping they can keep him out of trouble for lying
If anyone can, it's these two felons. Then again, the law makes no sense in Salem.
Plus, it doesn't help that I don't believe either one of these knuckleheads are qualified to organize a Girl Scout bake sale let alone run a major corporation. It's just been going on way too long now and I don't care anymore, not that I ever really did.
:clap:
Sounds like one to skip, though I'll try to get a screengrab of the updated photo album.

Actually, I did not think there was much blood at all. In fact, Andre looked pretty dapper as he lay there on the floor.

This is a man who emerged from a blown up bldg, falling beams, walls, plaster, fixtures, etc. and was totally fine. And one who wore a bandage on his cheek for some time, and never had even a glint of a scar. When they put him in the body bag, he had just a small red mark on the side of his temple. He is probably faking it. After all, bet there is more of that drug that makes you seem dead, but you are not, floating around Salem.

So I was shocked by the fact that we got this same cast of characters 2 days in a row. While I would have replaced Brady and Eve with Jen/Eric/Chloe or even the teens since their families were on, this is the cast I want to see more often.

They still need to work on balance of stories though but it was much better than a day centered around Dimera Enterprises.

I remember that Lil0. I also like how they're throwing back to when they used to show the final scene (or part of it) at the top of the episode in order to refresh our memory.

Does anyone else think that John looked guilty as he was spiking Steve's drink? Of course, that's probably why he almost came clean, but then it almost seemed appreciative when Steve got dizzy and had to be helped to a chair.

They've shown the previous day's final scene at the beginning of the new day quite often. That's nothing new they've restarted.

Anna's busy blaming Stefano for Tony's death, but his fate was arguably a group effort. Therefore, let's also blame:
  • Nick Fallon for developing the Fuels Project, which led to the lethal Kiriakis-DiMera dispute;
  • Dr. Rolf for not bringing Tony back to life;
  • Dr. McScuffy for not saving Tony (after all, he seemed to save everyone else);
  • Whomever, the sainted Love Doctor was involved with at the time for causing distractions that led to a lapse in his magic medical powers;
  • Max Brady (without his help, the Fuels Project would have been a bust);
  • Nicole (why not, she was blamed for all sorts of things);
  • Victor and Philip for deciding to contest ownership of the Fuels Project with the DiMeras;
  • The Salem Port Authority for its negligent upkeep of the piers;
  • Roman and the entire Salem P.D. for not "bringing down" the evil DiMeras, which would have ensured Tony's safety.
Actually, I did not think there was much blood at all. In fact, Andre looked pretty dapper as he lay there on the floor.
Of course he looked good. It's because of what's been termed "old-movie disease" in which the closer a fictional character gets to death, the better he/she looks. In fact, in Salem, even in death people look exactly as they did in life.

DBF, maybe that's why I like Days and old movies, rather than the more realistic modern entertainment. I come from a culture where kinder, gentler euphemisms were used for many words such as "liar," "pregnant," "died," etc. during my formative years.

I also thought it was laughable when Hope and Rafe were talking about Andre's head being bashed in.

Seems like a boring episode indeed. Not much really happened. Although, I guess every episode can't be exciting. Hopefully the next one is better.

Back