Days of Our Lives - Wed., Jan. 3, 2017

i just finished watching the show this morning before work. I laughed so hard at Vivian and Kate. What a delight to see someone spar with Kate on an even plane. Go Vivian!:clap:

I swear I remember a scene of Ellen Hawk talking about how she and Stefano were "in love" and everything was hunky-dory (and that they were married). She had Benjy and they were together for a bit, then she and Orion (her father, who worked for Stefano) found out what a monster Stefano really was, and they ran away, going into hiding. Stefano had to have been around Benjy for a little while because Benjy recognized Stefano on sight and was delighted to see him.

Later, after Stefano had a bunch of Salemites kidnapped (or lured to his island) and was threatening everybody, Benjy saw him for the mean man that he was and finally rejected him.

Ellen was never married to Stefano, just the very brief affair. (she was only portrayed on DAys for a month). Stefano had her killed.

I know Stefano had her killed (Drew did it), but I'm pretty sure they were married before Benjy was born. Either way, she and Benjy are dead, so it doesn't matter.

Edited to add:

Found this on Beth's Days of Our Live's Page on a bio of Stefano:

and was briefly married to Ellen Hawk.

Charles Shaughnessy (Shane) posted this on his FB page on 1/30/17:

'Days of Our Lives': who is Drew Donovan? Shane has a twin brother and he's coming to Salem.

What is he in town to find out? "Days of Our Lives" viewers will see a familiar face in Salem soon. Donovan's twin brother, Drew is coming to town! Don't remember him? Don't feel bad. He hasn't been seen since 1988.

Shane and his twin were both good guys and joined the ISA right after Drew completed his military tour. Somewhere along the way, he changed. And that is about all we know on that.
Drew and Shane not on the same team.

The way his story turns out tells us that he had definitely switched sides. In fact, Drew was such a rough guy that in 1988, when he joined the cast, he kidnapped Carrie Brady, daughter of Roman. Next, he pops up as an assassin for none other than Stefano! One of his targets ending up being Ellen Hawk who was the wife of his employer, Stefano. He was using the alias Iago during this time as his twin thought he was dead.

One of his story lines has him killing Ambassador Chung. He did it by blowing up a building that the Ambassador was in. Unfortunately, Benjy Hawk, son of the late Ellen Hawk, lost his hearing from the blast as he was in the building during the explosion. Stefano became Roman's mortal enemy over this. He was convinced nothing would have gone wrong if he had performed the job. We know that Drew was eventually shot and wounded. He managed to escape Salem injured but still alive! Who will welcome him to town?

1 - Why have a lot of the women wearing things that look like they were ripped off couches and turned into dresses? (Kate's dress on New Year's Eve, and Vivian's outfit in this episode)

2:
Love that Will is breaking Sonny's heart. How's it feel Sonny? Now you know how Paul felt. But Will just moved in like 2 days ago and he's already leaving? I definitely think he should. He is right, he needs to find himself. Heck til just a few weeks ago he thought he was straight!
No, I don't believe that he thought he was straight. As I recall, once he was reminded who "Will" was, he was relieved that he didn't have to hide that part of himself any longer.

3. Dear gods, please don't let Chloe and Stefan become a thing.

As to Will, yes, he said Susan kept insisting he was straight, so he stayed in the closet in Memphis, but was glad, when he came to Salem, he was able to be who he was.

I am enjoying Stefan. It's nice to have a new character and with such ties. I look forward to his story after the shock of his arrival wears off. Just hard to nail down how old he's supposed to be. The actor is 45, and for Viv to be a young girl, he'd have to be at least that.
Sorry, but I'm currently engaging in forlorn fantasies about interloper Stefan and Vivian being promptly done in by Kate, Andre, or Xander, who makes a preemptive strike at the behest of Victor and Brady. It's not the actor, but the whole absurd premise of the story. As others have said it's beyond absurd that Mr. Shin and the imbecile board would hire some corporate raider with a lunatic mother to take control of the company. (If they'd tried this during the Phoenix's lifetime, they wouldn't have lived to see the sun set.) Equally ridiculous is that this guy actually claims to own the DiMansion, Yes, it's a soap plot, but even such story lines can be taken too far. Far more believable would be "Sam Maitland" (unrelated to Vivian) attempting a hostile takeover of a financially shaky DiMera Enterprises. As for other characters:

:eek:Brady: his outdoor shirtless performance explains why Salemites don't often wear real winter clothing -- they have anti-freeze in their blood.

:sick:Chloe: She should rush over to Jenny's place to commiserate on how awful it is to enter a room where Eve is cavorting between the sheets with a man.

:eek: Kayla: Hasn't this poor woman suffered enough. Now, she's had her day interrupted by Andre, Kate, and Vivian demanding an instant DNA test.

I'm intrigued by the idea of Stefan and Chloe. I always wanted to see Chloe married to a DiMera or get back with Brady. Plus it seems she might finally be doing something on the soap if she gets with him.

I liked what I saw here too. Ideally I'd like her and Stefan to get together and then Brady gets jealous. Characters need to get back into the correct orbits,

I did like Vivian calling Kate out on being a bad mother. It's about time someone did.

The rest of this one was meh for me. I think Stefan has potential but can't take these business stories seriously when characters are dressed in business attire only to work off a laptop while sitting on a bed. Where does the Board meet? In the dining room?

Back