Days of Our Lives - Wed., June 3, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Victor comes to visit Daniel, sorry he did not get a chance to say good-bye to Melanie, but inviting Daniel over for dinner tonight...he promised Xander. Daniel says no, Victor is puzzled, has he done something to upset him? Nope. Daniel finally reveals it is Xander, he will eat dinner with Vic & Maggie any time, but not with Xander. It takes a bit, but he finally explains that he doesn't trust him, that he has continued pursuing Nicole, even though he told Daniel he did not realize there was anything between Daniel & Nicole, and would back away. Victor is not pleased at all to hear about Xander, recalls telling him on the phone to keep away from Nicole. He leaves, and texts Xander from the hallway, ordering him to the house immediately.

Meanwhile, Xander is busy getting close to Nicole, who is attempting to dissuade him. But, he goes in for the big kiss, Nicole pushes him away, asks what he thinks he is doing, and seems rather indignant that he comes to her office, trying to intimidate her. Xander gets the text from Victor, has to leave, but kisses her hand, obviously not giving up. He then asks what Serena wanted, that she mentioned she had talked to her. Nicole brushes it off lightly, Serena is leaving town. Good for her.

Chad has made a lovely poster the club will be putting up to indicate it is closed to the public, private party for Arianna's birthday. Zoe is there, admires it, then tries her best to entice Chad for a date that night, even talking of buying theater tickets in Chicago, but Chad is not interested. Kate is watching it all, & when Zoe leaves (promising to let Chad know as soon as Will turns in the article) Kate is on Chad like a mosquito on a new victim. She beats around the bush about Zoe wanting to date Chad, thinks he is lonely, blah, blah. Gad she is just toooo nosy, and even when he tells her his life is none of her business, she continues on, insinuating something about Abby.

Over at the hospital, Abby is looking over some paperwork about the charity, Kayla comes in. They really do have a very nice talk. Kayla figures Abby is busying herself with work, coming in early, to get away from the troubles at home with Jen & JJ. She assures Abby that her mom was only trying to help JJ, would do the same for Abby, who says she realizes people make mistakes, even when they think they are doing the right thing. They get into a conversation about falling for someone who is not right for them, with Abby noting that in all probability, with her Dad & Steve, the parents were not too happy with it, were against it. Kayla admits that might have been so, but it did not matter to her. She knew Steve was the man she loved, the one who was right for her, and it did not matter what anyone else thought. She leaves and evidently runs into Kate who now is at the hospital, eager to fill Kayla in on how Lucas is having an affair with Adrienne, and how Kate figures he could have picked someone better, even Kayla herself! (Can someone stuff a sock in Kate's mouth?) But then Kate relates how Justin was already sleeping with someone else himself before Lucas & Adrienne ever began.

Eric is asking Serena to explain this picture of her & Xander. Like other Salemites always do, Serena attempts to change the conversation, berating Eric for opening her mail, etc. etc. Eric is getting very angry, won't let her avoid the question. Serena claims yes, they had an affair while in Africa, after Eric left to be a priest. But it was a disaster, and she blathers on about how much she hates him. But Eric is very focused. She told him of all her old boyfriends, never mentioning this one. Even when he came to Salem. And if she hated him so much, why work with him. Serena stumbles and bumbles with excuses, but Eric is not having any of it. She is lying to him, Why?

After Victor leaves, Daniel ponders their conversation, as Parker asks Daddy to come play with him. Daniel is trying to contact Nicole (I think) gets an idea, goes to the laptop, tells Parker he will be with him in a couple minutes. Just as he finishes up, he hears a noise, and gets down on the floor with Parker, who has been playing with Fred. (the elephant). Uh, oh, part of the trunk broke off. Daddy will fix it, he is sure he can. Daniel takes the elephant, is seeing about fitting the end of the trunk back.......and ...Ooops, the bottom slides away, revealing a hidden compartment. What is this??

Nicole sits at her computer, searching for info on Xander Cook, though she has done it all countless time already. She decides to try the back door dark side, where she got info on either Chyka or Mandrake.....and voila. Alexandros Kiriakis, aka Xander Cook. Oh, my gosh he served time. For murder!!!

Over at Victor's, Xander has arrived, Victor is furious. He told him to stay away from Nicole, how much plainer could he get. She is trouble. Daniel is upset, Victor even more upset. Victor rants, Xander tries to explain, Vic doesn't want to hear it. He told him very plainly. He made him, can break him, and he can do right now, this instant.

Abby has arrived at DiMansion to bring the report and money request for the charity to Chad, who is really rather short and abrupt with her. She thinks he is upset, grieving over his sister, as he drinks his scotch there in the garden. He tells her to leave the report, she will get the money, he has no questions. She turns to go, he stops her, why is she really here? She claims the report. Nope. He knows why she is there. She knows why she came. They both know. He says they cannot deny what is between them, that it is stronger and more intense than it ever was before. She is silent, just staring into his face, as he goes on, talking of looking into her eyes, both of them knowing they cannot resist it. He leans down, kisses her. We see her purse and the papers drop to the ground, as she returns the kiss.

She leaves and evidently runs into Kate who now is at the hospital, eager to fill Kayla in on how Lucas is having an affair with Adrienne, and how Kate figures he could have picked someone better, even Kayla herself! (Can someone stuff a sock in Kate's mouth?) But then Kate relates how Justin was already sleeping with someone else himself before Lucas & Adrienne ever began.

Would someone please explain to me why Kayla would care who Lucas was sleeping with? Is it because Adrienne is Steve's sister? But then for Kate say that her son Lucas could have found someone better?? So I'm gossiping with you and I insult your ex-husband and his sister? And you don't call security and order me out of the hospital???

The motivations of most Salemites don't make any sense.

1. I was glad Eric saw the picture. Knowing him, he won't drop it.
2. Same For Daniel telling Victor what he thinks about Xander (can't stand him).
3. Daniel for finding the stupid elephant came apart.
4. Nicole for getting out of a situation with Creepy. I'm hoping Xander and What's her name are gone ASAP.

Love seeing Kayla. Hate that it's to gossip with Kate.

What happened to Victor? Now he's taking advice on whom to eat dinner with from his godchild, the wonder surgeon? Please. I really hope Xander offs Victor. He can come back as a ghost and still be snarky, LOL. And Maggie can take over his criminal organisation. :wink:

Seriously stupid though - Victor knows all about Xander and treats him like dirt.

Abby/Chad are a snooze to me. I saw this back in '93 with Tony/Kristen. And later with Peter/Jennifer. And then Tony/Anna. And EJ/Sami and EJ/Nicole. I can't believe I used to root for Abby.

Meanwhile...I can't decide if it's nice or not to see Eric berating another woman. It's pretty obvious the writers had no idea what to do with Serena.

This is supposed to sustain our interest until Monday!?!?!?

Victor's reasoning makes not one bit of sense. He doesn't want Xander, the family castaway anywhere near Nicole because she's trouble, but he has no problem with Daniel, the family golden child supposedly being in love with Nicole. This whole thing is one colossal mess of confusion.

Daniel needs to own up to the fact that him not liking Xander has nothing to do with his suspicions about Xander being dangerous but everything to do with his jealousy. He was fine with Xander walking the streets of Salem until he started hanging around Nicole. Of course he had to be the one to find the hidden compartment in Fred. He just strolls from one story line to the next, whether he's needed or not. I wish this character would just die already!

I paused the tv on the picture of Xander and Serena yesterday because it looked like she was holding something. At the time I thought it may have been the elephant but I shrugged it off because I just couldn't tell from the angle (wish I had zoom feature lol). Someone else told me today that they thought it was the elephant too. Why would Xander and Serena take a possible after sex picture with an elephant :rotfl:

If the writers' goal is to create snoozer episodes, the one today demonstrated that they've elevated their craft to a fine art. If there was any theme to this plodding sleep-inducer, it was disappointment: Sourpuss Eric with Bluebird, Victor with lowlife Xander, Kayla with the cheating Justin and Adrienne, and Chad who claims to be dissatisfied with life as Stefano's over-privileged son. Sorry, writers, but none of this is particularly compelling, as demonstrated by the fact that the dramatic highlight of the episode was poor Fred getting broken. Hopefully, the miracle surgeon, who, unlike all the king's horses and all the king's men, probably could have put Humpty-Dumpty together again, can whip out the Super Glue and restore the poor, abused pachyderm to his former glory.

@missharleyquinn - Xander didn't really remind me of EJ until I heard him talking to "Serener" the other day. I usually do other things if I have the program on at all, but I looked up to see if EJ had returned. Didn't want to hear or see Samanther, but he made me look to see if EJ had popped in to speak with Serener.

This was my main thought watching today's episode:

A couple of days ago Will told Kate that Arianna was just going to have a cake and a couple of gifts for her birthday because both he and Sonny agreed that they don't her to become spoiled. So in the interests of not spoiling her Sonny is going to shut down his place of business just to throw a party for her? :confused:

That's kind of an excessive move especially since she's only going to be two and not nearly old enough to appreciate it.

Other thoughts I had: I hope Will and Sonny take Arianna to visit Gabi before the party. Gosh I miss her. Basically I thought about anything else other then the snoozefest that was occurring on the screen.

Xander is clumsier and dumber than EJ. And possibly more dangerous. I never cared for EJ, but I really don't like Xander.

I also liked that Kate's cancer was mentioned. And in Kate's defense (not that there is much with her, mind you), Kayla did press after Kate told her to ask Lucas what was going on.

Love seeing Kayla. Hate that it's to gossip with Kate.

Agreed. However, I thought the majority of her time and purpose was to talk to Abigail in subtext about Chad. Great to hear her talk about Steve!!!

He just strolls from one story line to the next, whether he's needed or not.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm a bit confused by the whole elephant thing. So we know Serena and Xander were involved in some type of diamond heist. Do we know why??? Or who they are for??? So now we know that Doc McScruffins found the secret compartment. So what! What does that do? He has no idea Nicole is also investigating nor does Eric, so what happens now? I feel like there are a lot of missing puzzle pieces in this story, especially with Serena. We still don't know how she went from being a medical researcher to being a diamond thief and again, we don't know her motivations. Just confusing all around.

I did like hearing about Kate's cancer. Maybe we 'll hear about Jen's open heart surgery annual follow-up next.

Does Abigail have her own office now? Not too shabby for a PR Assistant.

Serena has been unable to come up with something Eric can believe, so far. (so much for the spoiler that said Serena confesses all to Eric, lol)
Serena had to be hooked up with Xander BEFORE Eric left Africa to enter the seminary, because the diamonds were smuggled to the U.S. in HIS elephant. Or at least one he thought was his.

However Xander got hold of the diamonds, the idea was to get them out of the country, eventually to someone who would pay them big time. Evidently Xander has made sure Serena got her share. The diamonds have now been counted and verified as to their quality, etc. So she is off the hook. Don't know how Victor is involved, but it sounds like he put up some $$$ to Xander, for an "investment" , has no desire for details, but is to reap a good return.
Agree there is some "behind the scenes, unnamed party or parties" involved, and I am betting we will NEVER hear about background, ever!

Nice to see Kayla, but why did she tell Kate out loud she was
cancer free when she gave her the report?

Poor Fred the elephant. Will Daniel be able to fix it? I hope Parker
tells Daniel about the sparkles that used to be inside it.

Harold and Henderson both got mentioned.

Nicole went to the "Dark Web" again to find about about
Xander. I wonder why she had to go there to find out he was
a murderer. I'm sure it could be found on the "Regular Web"

Back