Days of Our Lives - Wed., Mar. 10, 2021

I guess I'll have to fast forward through much of Paulina when I watch this tomorrow. I don't need Days to tell me how to be "woke". Dang, I hate that expression.
I cannot believe the PTB allow such racially offensive talk on the show. Just because it is directed at white people doesn't make it less offensive. Sure hope Paulina leaves soon. Also, I cannot believe Lani would laugh at this vulgar woman. I think she (as the character has been written in past episodes) would chew her out and walk out if Aunt Paulina were white and making such remarks about black people. I think the writers need to be "woke".

I always liked Jackee Harry (Paulina), am surprised she did not balk at the dialogue for Paulina today, and refuse to do it. Guess they can't...but how horrible. Aunt Paulina was rude, obnoxious, insulting, manipulative.. better stop, as the list is long. She orders drinks, stiffs Julie for them, runs out, already having made fun of the town, its businesses, inhabitants....Shame on Ron for writing up such hogwash for the character.
Don't forget vulgar and offensive.

The objection to the dialogue from Paulina is the double standard. If Julie had said some of that stuff, the whole racism charges would have been leveled. I was kind of offended with what they did today.

I think we need to flood twitter with cancel Ron tweets because of it - maybe we can get a better writer out of it:wink:

We watch soaps to forget about all the stuff going on in the world for an hour or so. Yes, racism is an important issue and could be dealt with on a soap but Aunt Paulina is not the one to be doing it. She is loud and pushy and a bit on the shady side as far as I'm concerned.

Blacks and whites have lived together in harmony in Salem for years. It has been an example of racial harmony for a long time. I'm afraid that Aunt Paulina is going to make a big, loud mess of things!

Just a note that tomorrow's summary will be up a little later than usual, perhaps not until 5PM. I forgot I have an appointment after work so I'll only have a half an hour before & after the appointment to do the summary.

It will be done though!

The objection to the dialogue from Paulina is the double standard. If Julie had said some of that stuff, the whole racism charges would have been leveled. I was kind of offended with what they did today.

I think we need to flood twitter with cancel Ron tweets because of it - maybe we can get a better writer out of it.
I am not impressed and was completely offended by what they did. Didn't Eli have a sit down with Julie about the things she said last year? And there it is - the double standard.

What all y'all said about Paulina and the heavy handed comments. I get that they want to be woke and in tune with bringing more diversity to the show, but please don't hit me over the head with preaching, and the "old white lady" comment really ticked me off (and the cafe au lait comment, *REALLY PEOPLE?*). I think there's some vast overcorrection happening here, and there's no reason we have to have the antidote to Julie's issues (that were already dealt with on screen) swing so widely in the other direction.

Julie has said many racially insensitive things in her pushy way, and everyone mostly sidles past it. Paulina was equally loud and pushy and said as many off-color things as Julie has said. It was probably intentional to have her say these things to Julie, so she wasn’t targeting someone without a similar history. Julie gets a taste of what she occasionally doles out.

I still think the character is too over the top, and my problem is putting the discussion of race in the voice of a character who is absurd when they don’t usually address these things. That’s not “woke.” Race is either a big angsty storyline or hardly mentioned and then here comes Paulina the clown. Her character is going to wear thin real fast unless they modulate her more. Maybe address the issues on an ongoing basis in an intelligent way that’s not always about conflict, and then this isn’t so out of left field.

Paulina made a lot of comments to Abe, who sort of just raised his eyebrows. Paulina has said a lot in 2 or 3 days......whereas Julie............she has made a comment here and there over 25-30 years...

Just wayyy too overdone....

They are are definitely cramming a lot of personality into too short a time period with Paulina, but nothing that she has said is any worse than they’ve written for Julie to say. I think everyone has been too shocked to address what she’s said before things moved quickly and then she ran off. We’ll see if Lani (or someone) gives her a talking to about some of her comments. They’ll have to talk to her. She’s not going to stay the godmother when she’s (thus far) a throw away character who will probably be gone in a month or so.

I disagree.....While I have not watched Days since Day 1, it's been over 25 years now, and I never heard Julie, in just ONE episode make a ton of insulting remarks. Maybe she has....& I was not around. Yes, Julie has made her share of negative comments, but honestly, not shoved into a constant stream in a couple back to back shows.

Paulina will be around for a while, heck, another family member has yet to show up. I just hope she tones it down several notches. Paulina has very openly insulted the entire town already.

Back