Days of Our Lives - Wed., Mar., 21, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Eli brings Gabi from her cell to the interrogation room, closes all the blinds, tells her this is just between them, say nothing to anyone. He has brought a sweater jacket for her to put over the prison clothes, unlocks the handcuffs, has a surprise for her. Turns a laptop around, and there is Ari (we only hear her) on Skype I guess, visiting. Gabi is overwhelmed, near tears as she talks to Ari, says her business trip is taking longer than expected, but will be home soon, will see you soon. She says it is late, past Ari's bedtime, night, night, and shuts the laptop, hugging Eli, and sobbing.

They talk a bit, he tells her of finding the phone, they are not giving up on locating Andre's killer, know she did not do it, Justin working on blowing Trask out of the water, her case strictly circumstantial. Time to go back, she thanks him for this wonderful surprise.

Jen is on phone, leaving message for Kayla to call her when she gets results, no mater how late. Eric arrives, they sit and jabber a bit, JJ & Lani come in, join them. They evidently had been browsing baby stores, JJ kept checking his phone, passed his test, so this is all passed on to Jen. Lots of yakking how proud she is of him, new job, baby coming. Jen begins gushing, offers a toast, to her new EMT son, to the future daughter-in-law, new grandchild, how blessed they all are, she is going on, and Lani, who had been smiling away, suddenly puts down her glass, cannot do this anymore, is in tears. She recovers, apologizes, Jen knows pregnant women, hormones, etc. Lani claims she is having a baby, knows nothing about what to do. Jen reassures her, she has a great doctor, and can call Jen anytime. JJ & Lani leave, Jen figures it isn't the first time a pregnant woman made a scene in public. Eric smiles, recalling he himself made one on Valentine's Day in this very place. They laugh, share a kiss.

Chad runs into his friend Sonny in the square, and gets into quite the conversation with Sonny about Stefan. When Sonny learns Stefan is going to Hong Kong, Abby going along, he is really on Chad's case, protesting, wanting Chad to do something. Well, Chad explains all the reasons, especially about Stefan seemingly having a thing for Abby, Sonny is all the more adamant, Chad finally is able to get a word in, says he is going there himself, a bit later, but Stefan is not going to touch his wife. They then get into Sonny's life, Gabi's trial, Ari, the divorce from Will final as of today. Chad encourages Sonny in his talking of moving on, Sonny tells of the dating site, shows him a pic of the guy who is the match, has not contacted him yet. Chad feels he should, tells him to go for it, then has to leave.

At DiMansion, Gabby comes out of the tunnels, armful of clothes, grabs a suitcase, shoving everything inside. In walks Vivian, who knows she is not Abigail, calls her Gabby, who then says yes, “b, b, y”. They have a few words, Viv doing her usual threatening, telling Gabby if she hurts her son, she will soon learn who the dangerous one is in this house. Gabby threatens right back. Outside the door, Kate has returned, stares at the pic of her & Andre, is about to enter, but Stefan comes along. Now they are having words, she accusing him of murdering Andre, and she intends to prove it. Stefan is puzzled, as he did his research, wonders why her, Chad, Abigail all seem to care about Andre so much when he was ...quoting the prison psychiatrist...a psychotic serial killer, and DiMera board called him a total whack job, telling Kate now to save the grieving widow act, she slaps him.

They hear Vivian saying something about “stay away from me”, so go inside, standing there, but Gabby has discarded the black wig, pretends to be Abby again. Stefan takes Viv out in the hall, she makes an excuse, has someone she has to see, and leaves.

Kate is worried about Abby, talks to her about how much Chad loves her, about her health, Gabby is silent, looking rather odd. Kate asks if she is o.k. Gabby answers her phone, tis Kayla, all the tests were fine. Kate wonders why the tests, Gabby says just annual checkup. Chad returns, had run into Stefan with his suitcase, ready to leave, Gabby's is there, Kate leaves them alone, Chad wants to get Thomas so she can say goodbye, she already tucked him in and did so. After she leaves, Chad assures Kate Stefan is not going to get away with anything.

Jen gets a call from Kayla (no HIPAA privacy) all the tests on Abby were great, even brain scan. Jen tells Eric, guesses her mother's instinct was wrong, Abby is fine. Probably just stress.

Sonny sits in the square, along comes Vivian. She comments about him being CEO of Titan, and says she warned Victor, hope he told Sonny, DiMera intends to come after Titan, crush them. Bring it on, says Sonny. She walks away, he is on the dating site, presses the contact button. Gets a message saying I see we are a match. Want to meet. Sonny smiles, how about coffee next week? At edge of park/square, we see it is Vivian who is communicating with Sonny, smirking all the while.

Kate reassures Chad she will take good care of Thomas while he is gone, just be careful. Oh, Stefan may get there ahead of me, but I will be one step ahead of him all the time.

Oh, they know about it, it gets mentioned on the show. Now I know Jen took advantage of Kayla leaving the room to read the file, but unless Abigail gave permission for Kayla to share with her mother, Kayla should not have done that, friend or no friend, and doesn't matter if Jen snuck a look at the file. Actually, Jen knows better.

And if they are going to use the HIPAA law in one story, then ignore it in another (just a few days ago) without explanation, they are failing their viewers.

Worst of the worst?: Kate says that the New DiMera Guy is less likable than even Andre and Stefano. That's quite an accomplishment. Give this man a prize: he's now at the bottom of the DIMera family barrel.

Out of Her Depth I: "Gabby" better not mess with Vivian. As Melanie and Maggie can attest, women who are mere mortals fare badly when they incur the displeasure of Ms. Alamain.

Out of Her Depth II: Vivian may have her way with less powerful women, but she's over her head when battling with a Kiriakis. When she messed with Victor's love life by kidnapping Maggie, things didn't turn out so well. Now, she's messing with Sonny's and things could even be worse. Vivian could be on the receiving end of all the resentments Sonny has built up against Will and Paul.

Misinformed: Gabi should give up her "circumstantial evidence" mantra and get Eli to buy her a copy of Criminal Law for Dummies. Juries can and sometimes do convict on the basis of circumstantial evidence. To repeat the old legal saying: "It all depends."

But, then again, this IS Salem.

• It takes 3-6mos. to become an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician). It takes 1.5-2yrs. to become a paramedic and you have to have experience as an EMT first. Once again, a Salemite is put on the fast track.

• Unless Abby signed a disclosure permit, Kayla should not have been able to give Abigail's test results to Jennifer before giving them to Abigail, regardless of how good they were. Another disregard of the HIPAA rules by University Hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this was a pretty good episode all-in-all.

Goings on at the D-Mansion: I hope to never to type these unholy words again: The Nameless One was right. This continual waxing nostalgic over Andre, not only on the part of Abigail, but Chad and Kate as well, is ridiculous. Even if he was really "cured" of his more murderous tendencies, the man was still a ruthless, backstabbing, elitist, supercilious, psychopathic dirtbag. And you don't even want to get me started on his bad qualities! ENOUGH ALREADY!

Sonny: So Vivian is tricking Sonny with an online persona otherwise known as "catfishing." I don't hate this development but are we supposed to believe she set up a phony profile on a dating app that I am assuming is primarily geared toward single gay men in the hopes that Sonny would just happen to swim into her net figuartively speaking? I am willing to suspend some disbelief but I need a bit more to go on.

Aww, poor Lani. :sad: First off, apparently to quote Butterfly McQueen form Gone With The Wind, she "don't know nothin' 'bout birthin no babies" and to make it worse the pressure of her predicament is clearly weighing on her. If there was some way this sad mess could have been avoided! But how could it have been, HOW? :sarcasm:

And then there's Gabi :cry::cry::cry:

She's trying to be so brave, not only for little Arianna, but Eli by bearing the crushing weight of the injustice and unfairness of her situation on her slender shoulders. *sigh*

Even though Eli is still keeping a whopper of a secret from her, :angry: he still gets points arranging the Skype call with Arianna. Then when you add this to his putting his foot down with Julie last week, I wish felt better about their chances of making it. *sigh*

As much as I love how nobody other than Julie and Trask actually believe Gabi killed Andre, I see that as just another anvil as how this going to turn it out. I was glad when Gabi said "Yeah, but what if my side doesn't win?" when Eli tried telling her how many people she has on her side because somebody had to say it.

Also when he told her "Tomorrow is the beginning of the end of this nightmare for you" I couldn't help thinking of horror flick where some teenager is told "don't go into the attic/basement." It just kind of held a note of doom. :sad:

Last edited:
@ Designing W.............Well, Kayla did call Abigail first.....tho she did not know she was speaking to Gabby, lol. But she called Jen right after.

Last edited:
@Troy........What IF....Vivian hired Jeff the bartender (or paid him $$$) to tout Sonny onto the Delve dating site, and encourage him to sign up. I just have a feeling, Viv has hired someone to go on that date with Sonny. Coffee? Oh, Viv has more up her sleeve than just pretending via text. And obviously, she did not even tell Stefan, did she?

Oh, the webs are definitely tangling as the weaving progresses.

Thanks, Poirot.

Troy, we're thinking alike again. I thought of the quote from "Gone with the Wind" too.
And I wondered if it would appropriate to post.

I thought JJ said he would be an EMT at the end of the summer. I guess he took the fast
track to get it done. Will becoming a doctor be his next step?

I wonder if Jeff, the bartender, works for Vivian too? I think Sonny told him he found
the app, but didn't use it yet. Jeff told him what he needed to do. I wonder if those
things really work to find someone?

I laughed when Sonny said to Chad about Stefan "He's a creep"

Does wearing a black wig make Abigail stupid? She had a suitcase in her hand,
with the clothes. Why didn't she pack it in the secret room?

I enjoyed Gabi and Ari's internet chat.

Stefan had a funny line today, but this one Jennifer said was great, talking to
Eric about when Abigail was gone "We weren't sure if we would ever get the
old Abigail back. But we did." Not really. :)

At edge of park/square, we see it is Vivian who is communicating with Sonny, smirking all the while.
Called it. Frankly I can't decide if I dislike him enough to see him get burned or not.

Thanks for the summary. Sounds like one to skip.
they are failing their viewers
Say it isn't so!!

I'm beyond sick of Kate being involved in every single storyline on the show when we see Marlena once or twice a month. Enough! And I thought she was a Chad/Gabi shipper? What is this sudden worry about Chad and Gabi?

I agree that Kayla should not have called Jen. I'm neutral about Jen and Eric but those scenes with JJ and Lani wee all sorts of awkward.

I give StefanNo no more than 1 year for Salem.

I totally thought the bartender wasn't on the up and up with encouraging Sonny. Didn't think it was Viv but I did not trust the bartender. Not that I really care if Sonny gets hurt as he has been so mean lately.

Also totally agree Stefan was right about everyone just singing Andre's praises since he's dead and Kate keeps looking at the picture like the grieving widow and she and Andre had this great love. Just stop already!!

I think JJ would have been a good cop. I wish they kept him on that track. Shooting Theo was not his fault!!

And Jen better keep trusting that mother's intuition. I wonder if Chad will see Abby as Gabby in Hong Kong but then try to protect her?

Back