Days of Our Lives - Wed., Mar. 27, 2024

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Slightly under 39 minutes of non-credits show; about 47 seconds of television worth watching (*wink*)

Peterson-Brady Apartment - Marlena and Eric talk about the christening that will happen tomorrow as she oohs-and-aahs over a small dress. Marlena suggests a port-a-crib. They're not sure there will be a crib at the DiMansion, although the Pub has one since Roman has watched "every Brady grandchild since forever." They talk about Eric's agreeing to let Nicole host without consulting Sloan. He reports how Sloan and Nicole have bonded after he wonders if Nicole can host without attending the reception. They then recap the Holly/Tate story (for a moment it seems Marlena doesn't know Holly woke up, but I think it's a line flub) and whether or not Holly is lying. Eric and Brady do think so. Eric asks how John is doing, offers an ear for her if she needs it.

DiMansion - Holly is not interested in Nicole's attempts to engage her in planning the party. She is angry that Tate is being blamed for everything. Holly says Tate isn't responsible; Nicole decides this is self-blame and that somebody gave Holly the drugs, even if it wasn't Tate. Nicole blathers on about how she failed Holly, effectively ending any chance of story progression for the foreseeable. She tries to figure out how to call Tate by searching the Serenity House number and then deciding whom she can impersonate (news flash: Rachel is 8). She calls pretending to be Jeannie T.

A Room - Tate is writing in a journal. This allows him to recap his story without looking entirely crazy; he recaps how Holly dated him to get over her stepbrother, and how he must get over her. He gets news of his "mother"'s call.

Square - Bobby Everett is drinking coffee. Stephanie tells him she can't work for him anymore on the Spectator's PR. They talk about his memory gaps. He has no memory of his father. They talk about how much of his memory is missing and what may be the cause. Reminder that his mom died when he was young. She wants to stay in his life but will not be dating him. He asks her not to give up on him, then leaves.

Harris's Room - Harris has a visitor, Xander. Xander vows he's innocent. Harris is stone-faced. Harris believes Xander's innocent as they talk about their mercenary pasts. Harris will help clear Xander, wonders who might set him up. Xander presses Harris's memory. Harris is a blank slate, Xander is curious, Harris says even if he knew something he probably shouldn't/wouldn't tell the prime suspect. Xander understands.

Private Pass-through Area near the Square which really looks like the Horton's across-the-street stoop/park - Bobby Everett runs into Marlena. He is getting nervous about hypnotherapy, but it's a pointless plot cul-de-sac, he will see her for their session. Marlena leaves.

Square - Stephanie calls to Jada, who seems to be avoiding her. Jada is angry about the situation and can't get over that Stephanie is the "other woman". (This seems out of character and contrary to the last time I saw her, but oh well.) Stephanie wants them to hash this out, would never have dated a married guy. Jada doubts this since Stephanie admits to never meeting Everett's friends or family. (Point of order - has she met Rafe's parents?) This gets really heated for no obvious reason, with Jada even insulting Stephanie's choices of jobs. She's angry that Stephanie is sticking by Bobby Everett, when they were supposed to be friends.

DiMansion/Serenity Springs - Tate is relieved to hear from Holly who reminds him she's his mother. Holly wishes she could help. Tate reminds her she can. She recaps how she can't say anything because Nicole will be sad. He knows she's not being selfish. He won't be there much longer. Holly hears a noise, ends the call because EJ is home.

Church - Nicole and Eric run into each other. Nicole has been visiting frequently since her tragedy. They blather about nothing and he confesses his deep secret that he saw her help Sloan calm Jude down. He is glad they are friends. They'll see each other tomorrow at the baptism. Eric leaves. END

They're not sure there will be a crib at the DiMansion, although the Pub has one since Roman has watched "every Brady grandchild since forever."
They should've said since Caroline watched every Brady grandchild since forever, not Roman. :rolleyes:

This is what I picture a crib at the DiMansion to look like (it's from the second Addams Family movie, Addams Family Values, the crib used for baby Pubert):

215104_8.jpg

Here is Pubert's nursery from Addams Family Values. Just what I'd imagine a DiMansion nursery to look like. Can't you just see Rosemary's baby, I mean Rachel, in here??

0f229a63a8b403d4f01bebee3bfc6afd.png

Jada doubts this since Stephanie admits to never meeting Everett's friends or family. (Point of order - has she met Rafe's parents?)
Awww, c'mon Jason. This would mean Jada would have to go all the way over to West Salem to meet Mami Hernandez. :rotfl:

And who knows were ol' Eduardo is these days?

I thought Daddy Hernandez was in jail or on the run and Mommy went back to Mexico, never seeing her remaining daughter, her only granddaughter, or her one non-criminal son ever?

Last edited:
Just checked and Mami did go back to Mexico. I thought she just went to "West Salem" to be with her ailing sister. We joke about Mami being in "West Salem" because Rafe had said that's where he grew up as a kid.

Edited to add: Mami did leave Salem to be with her sister, Estrella, who was having a hip replacement. They didn't specify at the time where Estrella lived, but later we found out Mami had gone back to Mexico.

Eduardo was in jail, but in 2020 he secretly came back to Salem to tell Rafe and Gabi they were in danger, and the three of them went to Mexico for their safety (they told everyone Mami was sick and they needed to be with her; they also pretended Arianna was with them, but Sonny and Will secretly took her to Arizona with them). When Rafe and Gabi eventually returned to Salem, it was mentioned that apparently Eduardo and Adriana (Mami) were together and getting ready for Christmas (in Mexico).

I was so excited with A Martinez (Daddy Hernandez) joined the cast. I LOVED him on Santa Barbara, but like many quasi-stunt castings they wasted the talent with silly stories. He was an interesting match for Kate the brief time they flirted.

It's too bad because I think the show could use more family vibes around the characters besides DiMera and Kiriakis criminality. Although they have gone back to talking about Horton history recently.

If I remember correctly Rafe, Dario and Gabi were in danger because of some cartel wanting to get to Eduardo and killing his kids seemed like the perfect plan. All of that occurred off-screen, a brief 20 second scene explained everything, and then Rafe and Gabi were gone.

I watched hoping to catch something clever, nuanced. But nope, the show is exactly as dull as Jason has summarized above.

I thought the Eric and Marlena conversation was weird when she said she just wanted him to be happy, and his mind goes right to Nicole apparently?

Wow, Jada was just an absolute you-know-what today. I haven't been a Jada fan and now I really don't like her.

Oh Nicole, just shut up and let Holly confess the drugs were hers. But now she won't because Tate told her not to. I think Nicole would survive the confession.

Knew Eric's big confession would be nothing, but let me get this straight. He eavesdropped for a few minutes, but then walked out wearing nothing but a towel?

If I remember correctly Rafe, Dario and Gabi were in danger because of some cartel wanting to get to Eduardo and killing his kids seemed like the perfect plan. All of that occurred off-screen, a brief 20 second scene explained everything, and then Rafe and Gabi were gone.
You are correct. For whatever reason, the show got rid of Galen Gering (Rafe) and Camila Banus (Gabi) and that was the quick explanation for them leaving Salem. Then I guess minds were changed, and they came back to town a few months later, after the bad guys had been taken care of.

They should've said since Caroline watched every Brady grandchild since forever, not Roman. :rolleyes:
YES!! This is why I made a point of putting it in the summary (it was essentially a tossaway line). My first reaction was the same! He didn't even babysit his own grandkids, let alone other Bradylings.
Why were Rafe and Gabi in danger?
Because the actors had been fired.
they came back to town a few months later
I don't even think it was that long - it seemed like weeks only (but I may be effected by the timey-wimey Salem effect).

I've been a Jada fan but her actions today made no sense. After 80 episodes or so, you'd think the scabs would be writing better than this. I'm starting to think those 3-4 good episodes around the Horton stuff were ghostwritten by ex-writers.

Thanks, Jason.

When Stephanie was talking to Everett, she wasn't sure if she should call him Everett or Bobby. Maybe she can
call him Nick. :)

How long will Harris keep the secret that Stefan shot him and not Xander? I'm surprised Harris hasn't said the person
who shot him was wearing a mask.

Will Jada ever forgive Stephanie for being the other woman in her life? Is the ring Everett has the one he bought
with Jada's money? Can she have him arrested?

Eric better be careful when talking about his baptismal dress. The thought of wittle baby Eric in his dress would have Sami howling with laughter and getting off nasty, Victor-style one-liners.

Obnoxious loudmouth Jada badly needs to get a grip. In a town where people routinely cheat on their spouses or even plot to kill them (This means you, Aiden), what “Bobby” did to her is strictly small change.

Mommy Nicole seriously needs an attitude adjustment when it comes to the poor Tot. It’s probably her biggest misjudgment since she married major-league lowlife Dr. Trent Robbins. For starters, she should stop echoing EJ’s half-baked opinions about the Tot.

Once again, Xander showed that he is a man of taste and refinement on the same level as the suave, sophisticated James Bond by savoring Harris’s pricey single malt scotch.

Last edited:
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought Jada was out of line today. And what was that line about whether Stephanie ever got her hands dirty? What? What does that have to do with anything.

This Xander thing better be coming to an end soon. Harris better find a way of exonerating him.

Even Marlena had the right reaction when hearing about Eric accepting Nicole's invite to host the party without first discussing it with Sloan.

Back