Days of Our Lives - Wed., May 1, 2024

Thanks, Jason.

I enjoyed Rita too. It's about time someone put EJ in his place.

Poor Leo, Dimitri dumped him. Poor us. Leo probably won't be leaving town.

Interesting to see Nicole still at home when other people in town are at work. Maybe
she has late morning or early afternoon hours.

What will Eric and Nicole's special assignment be?

Happy news Chanel is pregnant. Sad news the young one might have radiation poisoning.

Will Leo tell EJ about the baby? He was going to to get travel money, but since he got dumped
will he still tell EJ?

Sad news the young one might have radiation poisoning.
Here's a preview picture of little Glow-Worm DiMera:

cce05e6109a25f27f76452f6edbfebed_300x300.jpg

Count me among those who think Rita is great — an outspoken character who tells it like it is. Now, how about the return of Anne Milbauer.

I had naively hoped that Peter Porte would return as Dimitri, so count me as disappointed as Leo that he won’t return. If I was in charge, all the screen time wasted on the likes of Johnny, Chanel, and Holly would be replaced by Leo-Dimitri drama.

Speaking of Leo, it was most unkind of him to describe Dimitri as “all beauty and no brains” and typing with one finger. In truth, that would qualify Dimitri for most jobs in Salem, including being a CEO and mayor.

It seems that Shyster Sloan is a delusional as she is dishonest. She actually described herself today as “selfless and charitable.” Sure she is, just like EJ is a selfless humanitarian.

Finally, one of today’s biggest positives today was that there was no Konstantin! The day when this sleaze vanishes from Salem can’t happen soon enough!

Thank you for the info on Maggie Carney (Rita, on May 1 episode). My goodness she has a huge acting background, theater, TV, movies. Days was lucky to have gotten her for the show! Got a kick out of her resume', she can do all kinds of accents......3 different British ones (yes, Cockney is one) Russian, French, Irish.........and even a "Minnesota accent". LOL, that is too funny for words, (yes, I live very close to Minnesota, & many residents there visit here) To tell the truth, don't notice a particular "accent" but then I guess wherever we live in this great country, we might pronounce certain words a certain way, .........I guess where you live you don't consider anyone having an accent, unless they come from another area, deep south, out west, up north, over east............LOL.

Egads, when/how did Sloan & Melinda become besties?
Last year. Melinda became strangely focused on getting Sloan a baby and was the instigator at all times pushing Sloan to fake DNA results and lie to Eric. Her motivation is still pretty confusing. She says it's because she hates EJ but it seems pretty over the top to risk jail for this.

I looked it up and got Eloise Hardt!!!!! Except she passed away in 2017.
Eloise Hardt played a character named Rita Beacon in 1970 for only 34 episodes.

Maggie Carney played Rita, EJ's assistant, today. It remains to be seen if she makes any further appearances as EJ's assistant.

Here is her IMDB page:

LOL, yeah, that is what I kept running into, Eloise Hardt, but she played a different Rita a while back. I tried emphasizing the Rita on 5/1/24........but evidently the internet was not up to date yet......lol. That is why I finally asked for help.

Just thought she was so good today, was hoping she might be coming on permanently. But have seen nothing to indicate that.

But who knows....maybe the producers & directors were impressed enough when this was filmed, they did some rearranging or something. ??? Then again, the actress could be already booked up elsewhere. Sigghhhh.

I too loved Rita. In the first minute I wondered how they managed to write and cast the role so well and I was also googling to see who she was. So many characters that could be axed to keep her around in my opinion. She's the type of character that's been missing. Leo comes close but they've made him a jerk.

If they weren't smart enough to employ her for additional episodes, perhaps she can star in Beyond Salem: DiMera Dirt Edition.

It could be filmed mockumentary style and have her dishing with other employees about the crazy CEOs and criminal dealings of Stefano, Gabi, Stefan, Sami, and EJ.

Last edited:
Thanks for the write-up. I am loving this version of Chad, and Rita sounds like a breath of fresh air.

Otherwise, I have had enough of radiation and Paulina. It’s ruining what could be a great couple (Chanel and Johnny).

I would like to feel bad for Leo, but can’t since he is keeping the baby secret.

Please already, for the love of god, get rid of Sloan! While she was right about Eric I just cannot stand her!

Back