Days of Our Lives - Wed., May 22, 2013

Another great episode. Today is the last day of sweeps. The last couple of days were the best in Salem

Anna&Tony it is strange how we cry for fictional people.

I cried so many times. Even watching Nick at the end.
He finally knows it's over with Jensen...

I guess the shed/cabin Hope was in had some weird
connection so she could use her cell phone inside.
Outside you can't use your phone.

Enjoyed Lucas with Marlena talking about Sami...

Last week, we heard Roman in LA for a conference.
Hopefully, he's on his way home now.

And we can't forget Daniel can we....

Here he comes now to save the day

Yes, a great show today with some terrific acting and writing. Well done DAYS.

But, did anyone else notice that some of the scenes aired 'out of order'. For example, Gabi and Sonny and baby arrived at the hospital and Maxine took the baby away to be checked out. In a later scene, Sonny and Gabi are back in the cabin when he is seen bringing out a drop sheet (or something similar) to put around Gabi's shoulders. Kate and Sami arrived at the hospital to inquire about Will, and then in a later scene were back outside the coffee shop with Kate telling Sami off and then Sami getting the phone call from Hope about Will being in the hospital.

Seemed to me that the show was edited incorrectly...but maybe I'm mistaken???

Yes, a great show today with some terrific acting and writing. Well done DAYS.

But, did anyone else notice that some of the scenes aired 'out of order'. For example, Gabi and Sonny and baby arrived at the hospital and Maxine took the baby away to be checked out. In a later scene, Sonny and Gabi are back in the cabin when he is seen bringing out a drop sheet (or something similar) to put around Gabi's shoulders. Kate and Sami arrived at the hospital to inquire about Will, and then in a later scene were back outside the coffee shop with Kate telling Sami off and then Sami getting the phone call from Hope about Will being in the hospital.

Seemed to me that the show was edited incorrectly...but maybe I'm mistaken???

They were in order when I watched it; not sure what happened with the episode you were watching.

EJ also had a poignant line after Maxine commented on him being decent. He said "Decency is fleeting." :eek:

Thank you!! I actually came here specifically trying to find what EJ might have said there. There were a couple of lines today - this one with EJ and another one with Nick while he was crying about Will to Jenson - that I just couldn't understand. I think I finally figured out Nick's line (something about Will not really having begun his life yet), but EJ's line I just couldn't make out! Thank you, sirramix. :)

I thought this episode was really good, too. Even though I expected Sami to be an annoying wreck, I actually think she was ok. I would have liked to have seen a little more give on her side, but wouldn't I always! And I think EJ's presence was appropriate, and appropriately reserved when it came to immediate attention to Will, and even to Sami. Nick was awesome, even with few words. Everything was just good... where have these writers been, and will they stay?!? Because obviously - and I think we knew this already - the actors can handle good writing. Heck, they handle bad writing as well as can be expected. But give them good writing, and wow - what a show!

And I think EJ's presence was appropriate, and appropriately reserved when it came to immediate attention to Will, and even to Sami

During the confrontation with Nick, the father and grandfather, Lucas, was blocked out of the view of the audience by EJ. Partnersincrime even caught a screenshot of EJ half in front of Lucas before he was moved completely out of view, so the camera could be focused on EJ and Sami.

They found time for all of this:

EJ to look like a saint by telling Maxine he was going to recommend a raise for her, learn about Will's shooting on camera as his mother called him instead of Will's father, and to act like a jerk to Hope by giving a speech about Will fighting for his life to her.

But they didn't give us Lucas being told about Will being shot on camera, he was given hardly any lines at all, and it's his son who was shot and his grandaughter who was just born.

@JS and Poirot - thanks for your replies....not sure why the episode I saw was mixed up.....I even watched it through a second time to see if I was mistaken - but some scenes were definitely out of order - strange!

I'm glad they didn't forget this is LUCAS' granddaughter. Kate and Marlena were too too cute. GREAT shots of the family with the baby today.
I could have done without the long long Kate/Sami stuff though.
Even though I think the plotting-against-Stefano thing is dumb, I loved EJ & Justin's secretive looks to each other. (I also think this plot is doomed to fail, but hey, I've been wrong ONCE...tee hee.)
Love for Billie...but none for Rex/Cassie, Philip, and Austin? I found that strange but overall a WONDERFUL episode and DEFINITELY sweeps-worthy.
I do think they're laying it on a bit thick with the Nick redemption thing. Too much, too quick?
Glad to see the real Will finally sticking up for what is right.

@JS and Poirot - thanks for your replies....not sure why the episode I saw was mixed up.....I even watched it through a second time to see if I was mistaken - but some scenes were definitely out of order - strange!

I take it, from Days Café's experience, this happened only in Canada, or maybe just some parts of Canada. You were not alone, though. I actually followed her tweets this day, since I was bored and don't have TV service, and she was laughing about it.

I know I'm way behind, and sorry to bump this thread up, but I just had to say this is probably the best episode of Days I've seen in I don't know how long. I just got done watching this one and, wow, what great acting and writing! I hope Days keeps the momentum going. *pleading to TPTB*

Back