Days of Our Lives - Wed., May 23, 2018

I honestly did not see the Vivian/Kate storyline going in this direction at all. I didn't think we would see Vivian for *years* (if at all) after the shot was given in the morgue when she died. What a totally pleasant surprise. For all the kookiness (and prior statements I've made about disliking Vivian), I'm kinda glad to see her back.

The weird thing, to me, is that Louise Sorel had indicated she was very unhappy with the end of her storyline, and also said it was the end for Vivian, that she will not be back, is a goner.

I will say that it does seem that some actors get to use their own personal choices...but...

I think this is precisely the problem with wardrobe and hair on this show. Too much actor input. So of course they're going to wear what they feel most comfortable in. Problem is what the actor likes may not fit the character or look good on tv.

When Lisa Rinna (Billie) recently returned, they showed her preparing for her first episode while she filmed her Housewives show. In the video, she met with costume designer Richard Bloore who basically gave her a choice of 3 outfits to wear. No discussion. They really need to have wardrobe take more control over what characters wear.

The weird thing, to me, is that Louise Sorel had indicated she was very unhappy with the end of her storyline, and also said it was the end for Vivian, that she will not be back, is a goner.
It could also be entirely possible that she said that, with full knowledge that she'd be back. Maybe just yanking on everyone's chains. In many cases, people are spoiler driven, and maybe putting a little bit of mystery back into things was her intention. It *has* been quite some time since a lot of us have been *truly* surprised by a soap opera after all. I remember when gasping when a reveal like that was normal.

Back