Days of Our Lives - Wed., Nov. 1, 2023

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Stefan's Bedroom - Gabi wakes up Stefan. Today's the day they get Li Shin. They also recap "yesterday's" adventure prying Kristen's shares from her claws. They want proof of Li's attempt to murder Stefan. They need to get their hands on something to force his hand. Stefan has an idea and sends a text about it. Then they boink. Later, Stefan gets a message and zips off to get the thing.

Marlena's Office - Li is ready to do whatever it takes to get over Gabi. She asks about other relationships he's had. He talks about his high school girlfriend, Xiao-Xing. He thought they'd be together forever. When his father found out, he paid Xiao-Xing's father to relocate the family 2,000 miles away. He buried his feelings and didn't allow himself to love again until Gabi, whom he feared would be taken from him. He hadn't thought about it until today. Slowly neurons fire and he realizes this may be why Gabi had a hold on him. Maybe now he can be free. Marlena tells him to be proud of himself.

DiMansion Living Room - Holly tells Tate about her dream and how Chanel went crazy for going after her boyfriend. Johnny walks in but since DUH PLOT demands it, he heard nothing substantial. Holly claims she was talking about a "mean girl" at school who thinks she's going after her boyfriend. Their parents walk in and announce that today is their wedding day. EJ and Nicole state they've been putting it off long enough.

Johnny is happy for them. Nicole asks if Holly's OK with it. She says no after a weird flashback to her own fantasy. Stunned soap stares until EJ scoots out of the room with Johnny. Nicole asks why Holly suddenly objects? She claims it's about Eric, whom she loved like a real dad and thought would eventually remarry her mom. Nicole thought that at one time, too, but they're going to be a family with EJ and her little brother or sister, Eric is with Sloan, etc. Nicole won't force her but she really wants her daughter at the wedding. They discuss what Holly will wear.

Pub - Tate is "working" while talking on the phone to Holly (at the DiMansion, see below). He asks if she was murdered in the dream? The call is ended. Tate continues to "work" as he greets Uncle Eric and they recap his expulsion. Tate also tells him about his crush on Holly. Sideways mention of Eric's step-relationship to Holly before quickly moving to more information. Tate can't tell Eric about Holly's crush because the crush walks in in a suit. Tate scoots. Johnny asks for some food for Nicole's wedding. Eric starts, then tries to act normal and continues taking the order.

DiMera-Johnson Apartment - Chad leaves a message for Stephanie. EJ arrives to tell him about the wedding. Chad congratulates him then re-centers the conversation to his suddenly horrible relationship with Stephanie. He'll be at the wedding but can't confirm Stephanie. EJ asks Chad to marry them. Chad questions this, but EJ explains it's because he looks up to his little brother. Chad is the man EJ wishes EJ were.

Square - Eric thinks about what Johnny said. Nicole comes up to him.

DiMansion Living Room - Holly is in her dress as Johnny enters. He asks why she doesn't want her mom to marry his dad?

Hospital - Li is leaving, gets a call from Gabi. She claims she's been kidnapped. (She's still in bed at the DiMera mansion.) END

I'll give it to Greg Vaughan (Eric), any novice could tell how he feels from his single reaction to the news about EJ and Nicole.

But good acting in a bad story is still not good. And this is a bad, bad, rotten story. From the incestuous step-cousins to the incestuous step-siblings to the never-ending wheel of Nicole's lovers.

Thanks Jason for writing this snoozer up.

Bad stories are truly THE thing at Days of late. o amount of sugar coating make these palatable.

Chad is suddenly in love but not love love with Stephanie?

Gabi and Stefan haven't had a decent story since his "death" and resurrection.

Nicole and Eric, Nicole and Xander, Nicole and Eric, Nicole and EJ, Nicole and Brady, Nicole and Rafe, Nicole and Dr. Dan the Tan Man. They are all the same story, just change the guy. Perhaps she should now suddenly want Chanel to add to the silliness of this.

Great re-re-re-retelling of John's parentage, but then he disappears to phone conversations only where we assume he's on the phone.

I can't comment on the teen story. I want them to succeed we need new blood.

For all of this and more they want me to pay to watch?? Then TPTB wonder why we aren't thrilled to pay for the show??

Thanks, Jason.

It's a new day and month in Salem.

Johnny went to the pub to get food for the wedding. Doesn't Cook know how to make sliders and pigs in the blanket?
And why that for the wedding fest? Maybe nothing fancy is needed since family only. But we know the real reason
why Johnny had to go there. To tell Eric that Nicole is getting married.

Nicole told Holly that she and EJ have been planning the wedding for awhile and she wondered what changed?
Duh, Holly is older and now she wants Johnny.

I felt sorry for Li when he told the story about his high school sweetheart.

I can't believe Gabi and Stefan are coming up with such a stupid story to get Li's shares.

Oh right. The convoluted web of everyone being related somehow. Totally forgot Theresa and Sami are cousins! I’m trying to remember if Johnny mentioned anything like “I haven’t seen you in ages” when they first saw each other a week or so ago at DiMansion.

Thanks for the summary. I still don't understand why it's so hard for these writers to come up with a halfway decently entertaining and sensible plot. I won't even ask for more than one, or a plot that's actually good, just one decent plot! Surely it can't be that difficult!

Back