Days of Our Lives - Wed., Nov. 15, 2023

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
38 minutes, lots of plot movement. I can't say they're good plots, but they're moving at least.

DiMansion - Holly needs to smoke a joint. Johnny comes in. She recaps Tate's romantic advance during the crisis. Later, she has, like, recapped the crisis to Johnny. She checks her phone and tells her stepbrother about the baby being born.

Hospital, Nicole's Room - Nicole wants to know where their baby is. EJ says he's called the police and there's an APB out. Nicole is worried about what Dimitri will do; EJ is sure that the baby won't be harmed because at the worst Dimitri will use him as a bargaining chip.

Somewhere with Greenery - Dimitri is on the phone with Leo (who's at the police station). Dimitri won't leave without Leo. They go back and forth on this a bit, Dimitri thinks he can find a good lawyer.

Peterson-Brady Apartment - Eric is shocked everything with the baby is happening so fast. Eric is worried about all the work he has to do. Sloan assures Eric all will be great and he'll be a great dad. They hug, allowing Sloan to have a worried reaction behind Eric's back. Eric asks about the birth. Sloan says it was smooth; the baby is small but healthy. Eric realizes their child and Nicole's were born on the same day. They talk about the accident and Leo/Dimitri getting the baby to the hospital, so the baby is with EJ and Nicole, as Sloan has a flashback.

Salem Inn (I think) Melinda's Room - Trask has a crib and is talking to the fussy baby. Soon he'll be with his real daddy Eric. Later, Dr. Pierce (a doctor whom she tried to prosecute for insurance fraud but whom Sloan got off on a technicality) arrives on the promise of doing a favor for Sloan. Melinda tells him she's not the DA anymore and she and Sloan have a lucrative amount of money waiting to go to a bank account of his if he can help them.

Police Interrogation Room - Rafe enters and talks tough. Leo refuses to betray Dimitri.

Nicole's Hospital Room - EJ calls the police station to speak to Rafe and learns Rafe's interrogating Leo. EJ is sure "that garrulous little court jester" knows where his nephew is.

Salem Inn, Trask's Room - The doctor has examined the baby and says for a preemie he's very healthy. Trask needs him to diagnose the baby as dead and tell the parents. Later, she's explained her plot and he asks the audience questions (e.g., what if the parents want to see the baby, etc). He thinks it's cruel. She says he'll be helping another couple.

Nicole's Hospital Room - Nicole is worried because the news has no information about Leo and Dimitri. Johnny and Holly enter and talk with Nicole about their baby brother and the fugitives. Nicole tells them their brother is missing. They talk about Dimitri not bringing the baby to the hospital. Johnny vows to kill his cousin if his brother was harmed; Holly will dig the grave. (Is this their meet-cute moment?)

Peterson-Brady Apartment - Sloan gushes about being a mom before she gets a call from Dimitri, tells Eric it's a client. Eric leaves to talk to his mother. Dimitri tells Sloan Leo's been arrested and he needs a lawyer.

Interrogation Room - Leo stands strong against Rafe. He asks if since Dimitri's attempted murder victim has now been arrested for "murder murder", does that clear the slate? Rafe glares. (I'll admit, I laughed out loud.) EJ barges in and attacks Leo. Rafe pulls him off Leo and EJ continues to shout a recap. EJ wants to know where his son is since he never arrived at the hospital. Leo is shocked and thinks this is a misunderstanding. Leo swears he has no idea where Dimitri is.

Townhouse - Eric meets his mother (say ‘hi’ to pop-up Marlena) and talks about his baby's birth.

Greenspace/Peterson-Brady Apartment - Dimitri begs Sloan to help. She's mad it took so long for her to get her paycheck. Dimitri can't leave without Leo, even though Leo has told him to. Sloan says he should leave, and then she'll get Leo acquitted and he can join Dimitri.

Interrogation Room - EJ continues to bluster, Rafe continues to try to soothe the raging DA, Leo continues to be stymied. EJ has every right to question this swine. Sloan enters and says not without an attorney present. EJ is shocked, Rafe is smirky (I guess seeing EJ on his back foot outweighs his desire to railroad an accused criminal). Sloan shoos the commissioner and the DA out of the room. Leo asks about the baby. Sloan says she knows nothing.

Salem Inn, Trask's Hotel Room - Melinda has obtained what she needs from Pierce. She tells the baby that she meant what she said about Nicole. She remembers Haley and the sacrifices she had to make for her. She did what was best for Haley, and this is what is best for him.

Townhouse - Marlena is so happy the thing Eric's supposedly wanted for so long is finally happening. Eric talks about Nicole.

Nicole's Hospital Room - EJ has arrived, Leo had no information and EJ admits he seemed genuinely perplexed. Holly and Johnny look on. EJ plans to look for the baby. Dr. Pierce enters with news about the baby. He tells them that a man brought the baby to the hospital. EJ says the hospital told him nobody brought in a baby. Pierce said in the confusion word never got back to him. He asks for privacy, EJ says everyone is family. Nicole asks if her baby is all right. Pierce says the baby didn't make it.

Greenspace - Dimitri is speaking via telephone with Rolf. He learns it's now or never. He begs Rolf not to leave without him, hangs up. Dimitri says, "Goodbye, Leo, I love you."

Interrogation Room - Sloan is sure Dimitri left town. Leo is...glad. She gets a call from Trask, who says Pierce will help and is delivering the news now.

Nicole's Hospital Room - Nicole's baby was fine. She doesn't understand what happened. (Johnny and EJ have great reactions in the background, Holly's not bad either.) Pierce explains there were internal injuries during the crash. He shows them the blanket. Nicole sobs. It was the blanket she bought him, in which Dimitri wrapped him. Pierce gives them privacy, is sorry for their loss (the actor's doing a good job portraying some internal conflict). Holly hugs Nicole. EJ asks Johnny to take Holly outside. EJ and Nicole embrace, Nicole doesn't want this to be real. Nicole sobs, EJ fumes.

Townhouse - Marlena's heard the recap, feels badly for Nicole. Eric thinks it will all be behind her. He gets a call from Holly and learns the news. Marlena asks what happened.

Nicole's Hospital Room - Nicole is sure their son is strong. EJ is sure he was. Nicole becomes furious about the use of the past tense. They sob again. Nicole did everything right, why is this happening? Nicole is angry as she remembers losing their other two babies before they were born, this is so unfair. She curls up on EJ as she sobs and the camera pans up. END

Last edited:
Thanks Jason. I'm not sure who thought "you know what the fans want?? I's to watch Nicole lose another baby" and then wrote it up.

With the uneven writing on this show, by the end of the week it will no longer be the lead story and we will watch Theresa and Alex, Everett and any female while maybe hearing about the baby thing pop up conversations. Because they can only edit one story into a show at a time.

Why am I still watching??? No one on the Days or Peacock staff care about the viewers.

This basically a rehash of the Hope/Liam/Steffy storyline (2019) on The Bold and The Beautiful with Baby Beth and Baby Phoebe. Hope gave birth, but passed out at the end. The crooked doctor took her baby, and told Hope and Liam the baby was stillborn (in that storyline, another woman had just given birth to a stillborn baby, so he presented that baby to Hope and Liam to hold and say goodbye to).

He then took baby Beth and sold her (via a fake adoption) to Steffy, Hope's step-sister, (who had no idea the adoption wasn't legit). She named the baby Phoebe and raised her for several months before the truth came out that Phoebe was actually the supposedly stillborn baby Beth.

At least when Days did a rehash of the baby switch storyline from Y&R, it was 17 years later. In the Y&R storyline (1991) the babies were boys; then Days did it with Grace and Sydney in 2008. The storylines were nearly identical down to the "other baby" dying of an illness about a year later, then the mothers being reunited with their biological babies some months afterward.

Finally getting some traction on my Days tweets on my (formerly) dedicated work issues Twitter account, and it’s a wacky Nicole-Eric fan. What luck!
This basically a rehash of the Hope/Liam/Steffy storyline
It's also a rehash of at least one Ron story on One Life to Live, and I think one he did on General Hospital (oddly using One Life to Live characters before they lost the rights to them again) as well.

Yeah on GH, Sam had also lost a daughter (stillborn) years earlier and had problems conceiving, so she thought her son was dead. I think that baby switch story was cut short because Steve Burton (the actor playing Jason, who currently plays Harris on Days) decided leave.

The dynamics of this story are so ridiculous. EJ & Nicole should be wanting to see the body of their baby, so they can bury him. Eric has already commented on Nicole having given birth on same day their "donor" mother did. So when it come to Eric that Nicole's son "did not make it" while he & Sloan got a baby from mother not named.....no warning bells??? and hard to believe Melinda went along with this, even finding and paying off a doctor..............What a horrible story line.

Don't watch any other soaps so have no idea about the characters and whatever the story in those mentioned..........but shame on RonC for writing such misery and Alaar even more so, but Corday the most.

The actors all did a really good job, and as I mentioned before, Ari Zucker (Nicole) is the best crier on the show, maybe all the soaps.

Thank you, Jason!

I'm hoping against hope that the writers have seen fan responses to recent Eric/Nicole turnarounds and are making the baby EJ's. The "big for a preemie" line really sticks for me.

Sloan is turning in better performances. I just wish she had better story.

I like Leo, he's funny when used in the right doses.

I still say that good acting (Nicole, Johnny, EJ) in a bad story should stay off the Emmy® reels.

Perhaps our resident legal expert Dr. Baker Fan can answer this question: in most states, if a baby dies after delivery in a hospital, especially under odd or illegal circumstances (Leo and Dimitri's being on the run from the law and Nicole's auto accident) an automatic investigation is triggered, correct?

I'm pretty sure something like this would be heavily scrutinized by the hospital and perhaps the police. There is no chance Dr. Pierce and co. could get away with this if there is no body or paperwork (such as admittance by the nurses or other officials on staff) beyond the not-so-good doctor's own.

Thanks for the summary. One more day that doesn't make me want to pay to watch.

What they're doing to Nicole is sickening but also so expected and boring. Bad enough if they had Nicole knowing the baby was kidnapped but at least that would be a little more interesting and less cruel.

After today I'm wondering if they're setting Melinda up for a trip to Bayview or whatever it is they call the hospital with the revolving door. None of her role here makes sense unless they're setting up some obsession over something we don't really know yet. Talking about her daughter is just very odd here.

Thanks, Jason

Great job with all the actors with the Nicole/baby storyline.

Even doll-in-blanket did a good job. It cried on cue.

It's nice to know Holly still considers Eric as an important person in her life since she called him about the baby.

Today we find out Melinda is in a hotel room since the doctor came to the door. At first, I was wondering where
the crib came from.

Melinda and Sloan are lucky the baby is healthy and doesn't need to stay in hospital since it was born early.

Perhaps our resident legal expert Dr. Baker Fan can answer this question: in most states, if a baby dies after delivery in a hospital, especially under odd or illegal circumstances (Leo and Dimitri's being on the run from the law and Nicole's auto accident) an automatic investigation is triggered, correct?

I'm pretty sure something like this would be heavily scrutinized by the hospital and perhaps the police. There is no chance Dr. Pierce and co. could get away with this if there is no body or paperwork (such as admittance by the nurses or other officials on staff) beyond the not-so-good doctor's own.
Under the alleged facts, Nicole’s baby possibly died because of a crime — vehicular homicide. This should trigger a full police investigation, one that could eventually discover facts that would send all the plotters to jail.

As for the episode itself, it was non-stop misery for Nicole. Who could think that this was a form of entertainment??

It looked like a big day for the lowest of the low. Sloan and Melinda are now officially the sleaziest, slimiest attorneys in Salem history, They’re so bad that they make the morally-pliable Ted Laurent look like Atticus Finch. Disbarment wouldn’t begin to suitably punish these two.

On the medical front, this Dr. Pierce is now officially the worst doctor in Salem history. He’s such a heartless creep that he makes the guy who bought body parts from Warden Jane look like a humanitarian.

Finally, those who mentioned the family wanting the baby’s body are on target. As a parent, EJ would want to give his child a big DiMera funeral. As DA, he’d want to know if the baby’s death was caused by the accident. If so. It would allow him to throw the book at Dimitri.

The writing for this is so sloppy and could never happen in a real hospital. A body needs to be present. An autopsy and investigation would need to be done. I’m a pediatrician and the parents almost always want to hold their baby, whether stillborn or died of complications (had a heart defect or congenital anomaly, etc.).

It is infuriating to see this doctor come in with just a blanket and not offer the parents to hold and see their baby. EJ and Nicole should demand to see their baby in tomorrow’s episode.

Aside from the awful writing, the actors playing EJ and Nicole were phenomenal in their scenes and it was really difficult to see so much pain. I would give Ari Zucker (Nicole) the Emmy just for today’s performance.

Omg they love to make Nicole cry and be hysterical. I am not liking this story at all. Sloan needs to go. Though Eric does seem to truly love her. But not for long. I would swear when EJ & Nicole were getting married they said baby was due in a couple weeks. You know she is going to want to see baby. This story is awful. I hate it.

Back