Days of Our Lives - Wed., Nov. 15, 2023

Okay I HATE HATE HATE this baby-napping story. It would be unbelievably cruel even if Nicole wasn't the mother but enough already with her babies dying (I know I'm preaching to the choir here). In addition to being cruel, it's totally unbelievable, even for Days. Where did Melinda (or Sloan) get all this money?

And why does Melinda think Sloan is such a wonderful person? She's done nothing but lie and cheat to try to trick Eric into staying with her and Melinda knows that. And Nicole has never done anything to Melinda to deserve this. Of course the parents would want to see the baby. The explanation for why Dimitri brought the baby to Sloan is incredibly lame and so is the fact that he didn't bother to mention that to Leo. I understand why Dimitri went to Sloan for help but he could have left the baby at the hospital, which would have made a lot more sense.

Sense? Did I just use that word in connection with this plot?

Will Leo wonder how Sloan so conveniently showed up and who told her Leo needed a lawyer? Connect the dots? He made his one phone call to Dimitri so ---> Dimitri ---> Sloan ---> where's the baby? :head scratch:

I loved Monday’s show with Leo delivering the baby. For the weasel that he is, he really showed he has a very compassionate side, and isn’t heartless. I think Greg Rikaart, Leo’s portrayer, really nailed his performance Monday and Tuesday. He really showcased his comedic skills, while simultaneously showing that his character, Leo, isn’t JUST a slimy bottom-rung slug. Greg did a wonderful job emoting genuine empathy for Nicole, at the accident scene and real concern for the baby’s well-being.

An honorable mention goes to Arianne Zucker (Nicole) for her heart-wrenching performance as Nicole on Wednesday’s episode after hearing that the baby had “died”. It’s sad TPTB decided to torment Nicole like this AGAIN, but Arianne did an amazing job showing how torturing it was/is for her character to have to endure this again.

Last edited:
OK, I agree with @JasonDíSpeech that bad story-writing is not worthy of an emmy. However, I also agree that when dealt with the worst story of the year, Ari Zucker (Nicole) deserves a giant trophy of some kind for the amazing (and probably real heartbreak for her own character shining through).

Man. ESPN has something called the ESPY awards. It's a serious banquet award ceremony for silly and ridiculous awards. We need one for daytime soaps. We'll call it the Soapy Awards, and the trophy will look like an ice sculpture of a bar of soap (but it's made of plastic, if you get my vision) and Ari Zucker (Nicole) would win the award for "Best Lead Actor of Terrible Story-Writing" award.

I thought writers get their jobs writing because they have so many ideas and visions in their head for stories and characters.

I didn't realize that they can get paid to rewrite what is already written. Even I can copy stories and words from a prior script!

So untalented and to get paid good money to be original when they obviously are not.

Back