Days of Our Lives - Wed., Oct. 23, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Gabi is on the phone,evidently with the funeral director, making sure all is o.k. for tomorrow. Knocking at her door, tis Will & Sonny, knowing she has not eaten, etc. determined to get her out for a bit. Adrienne is with Jack, evidently back from some trip with Justin, all gushy over Jack getting his memory back. She fusses with his tie, jabbers on and on, learns Jack is meeting Jen, invites herself & Justin to join them.

And thus....the Bistro is jam packed tonight, as Lani & Eli are there, doing some cake testing, Will & Sonny have brought Gabi there, Jennifer runs into Kate while waiting for Jack. They chatter away, but Kate finally leaves. Jack, Justin & Adrienne arrive, Jen joins, Jack indicates “surprise”, Justin tries to make Adrienne realize Jack & Jen would rather be alone, but she just yaks on and on, and of course, this is like old times, the 4 of them, yada, yada, yada. Finally and evidently they have eaten, Justin makes clueless Adrienne realize that yes, Jack & Jen would like to be alone. Jack talks of having desert first, but escapes with Jen to his place for a nightcap.

Gabi comes upon Eli & Lani doing their tasting of cakes, icings, etc. stops, and talks to them of being happy for them, they are picking out cake, she has to pick out a suit for her dead husband. She makes several comments that are intended to make them uncomfortable, then says something about them deserving to be happy. Lani flashes back to Gabi, forcing her while on her knees, to say “I don't deserve to be happy”. Will & Sonny come up, try to get Gabi to go with them, but she takes off, needs to be alone. Sonny stops Will from following, they will be there for her tomorrow, next day, but right now, she needs to be alone. They decide to go home and just be with each other..

Justin tries to give a gift to a hesitant Adrienne, who just won't stop jabbering. He says he has been very happy, but the lawyer in him wants to make it legal. Sonny & Will come up, what are you doing, Dad. Just what it looks like, I am proposing, or I already have. Sonny urges his mom to say yes, kiss, kiss, the Hardy boys leave them to their romantic interlude.

Over at the Kmansion, Brady & Kristen come in to see Vic, giving him the ultrasound pic of his great-grandchild. Vic delivers the nasty snark at which he excels. Brady gets phone call, returns saying it has been confirmed, this is his child. Victor is not happy about it, and in comes Kate, who has decided to accept his offer. Uh, oh, Brady thought he had his job back, Vic makes excuses, Kate is having a fit, Kristen asks about the DiMera job, learns Shin appointed Tony. Now Kristen is furious, why not me? Kristen is feeling ill, needs to go lie down, Brady takes her away, tells Vic he only cares about his kid, is not concerned with Kristen. Kate rants at Victor, is tired of men like him not respecting her, is done with him and everyone like him. She storms out.

Upstairs, Kristen & Brady decide they will stay in, watch a movie. She curls up on the bed, turning on the TV to see what is on.

Eli & Lani are back in bedroom, on the bed, professing their love, just snuggling.

Gabi has laid out a suit, saying not to worry, You will be laid to rest, & I will see to it that you get justice.

And over in Jack's room, he & Jen arrive, she puts her things on the bed, asks if after the nightcap, he plans on showing her his etchings. He gets all flustered, is moving too fast, is sorry. Jen tells him there is something about him, always has been. Even when he returned, did not know her, said terrible things, she doesn't understand it at all.........just something about him. I love you Ms. Horton, Jennifer Rose, says Jack. I love you too, Jack Deveraux she replies, they kiss, sit on the bed kissing, then into the prone position.

Wait - are we supposed to care about Justin & Adrienne? Because the last 18 months of story would indicate otherwise.

Yay for Jack & Jennifer.

Sonny and Will need something to do. Maybe open competing coffee houses? Join a gang? Alien abduction? Something.

I'm Team Gabi all the way. Lani is bad at her job and Eli is a bad bad person for making his fiancée ask his ex - who is his ex because he cheated on her with that woman - for an organ donation for his just-met grandmother.

Meanwhile, I was hoping for more JJ/Haley since they have been on approximately 1x this month. Or was I not hoping for it? I can't even tell.

Sort of in a quandary here. Someone will die without a heart transplant, & someone has just died who could be the donor. Relationships aside, in order to save a life would folks really be hesitant to say yes?

I know a family who donated everything they could when their son died, including skin, corneas, heart, and more.

I do understand Gabi being resentful that her new husband died........the same man who framed her, causing her to spend time in prison, away from her child, and thus probably unable to have children. Yes, she grew to love him, evidently, but Lani did nothing wrong. Stefan came out of nowhere to jump in front of his mother as Lani was firing at a person who was holding a gun on her, refused to put it down, and was about to shoot. It definitely is a horrible situation, but I don't think it is a team Gabi/team Lani situation.

but I don't think it is a team Gabi/team Lani situation.

I guess I'm team Gabi, because she is now one of those characters who do bad things, when pushed, and then gets punished for them. While other characters do bad things, period, and get free passes.

Julie has been horrible, absolutely horrible to Gabi. Gabi killed Nick in self defense, yet is viewed like a cold blooded murderer. And Gabi gets asked for Stefan's heart right after he died so Julie can survive. She could not even process anything, everyone was on her case.

But before that, Abigail did horrible things to Gabi, but since she was "not herself", everything is O.K. and Gabi is supposed to just "get over it". Abigail killed Andre BEFORE her personalities surfaced. And all she got was two lousy weeks of therapy with grandma Laura. Yeah, that's fair. :rolleyes:

Lani has slept with JJ when he was with Gabi, then with Eli when, again, he was with Gabi. Now, though it's not Lani's fault that Stefan died, I can't blame Gabi for feeling the way she is.

Oh, I understand all that fully. Really, I do. Gabi definitely got the short end of the stick. And Julie always treated Gabi horribly, overplayed the "Nick" dead thing. But now Gabi will be doing the same to Lani. Guess I just do not like the revenge thing.....from anyone. Doesn't matter what Lani did in the past......the heart was not for her. Gabi could have said no, but did not, and I give her credit. Lani is a cop who was in a bad situation, someone holding a gun on her, pointing it, refusing to drop it. I guess she could have not fired, and been shot and killed herself.

I only said......."relationships aside".

And in real life, cops run into those situations all the time, some end up leaving the force, some commit suicide. Some spend years in therapy.

On a rare day, I get to watch - so happy to see Jack post-amnesia!

Also: Loved Kate and Jennifer. I tend to think Kate always has an ulterior motive when she's nice to people, but seemed genuine with Jen. I hope this grows into a bond like she had formed with Adrienne after the cancer diagnosis.

And I *hated* that the cake tasting was done at a table in the front of a restaurant. I get it's to set the scene for Gabi to walk in, but no restaurant would have a cake tasting in the main dining room on a busy night. Those tables are for paying customers who drink and eat and tip. Similar to how hospital/needle administering scenes upset those of you in the medical field, these scenes bug me as someone in the event planning/restaurant industry.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well, a while back, in the square, one could see some of the store fronts boarded up. No one mentioned anything, but obviously they were doing some remodeling.
So, far, within the show. they mention Bistro being up above Saxton's, and today, they did show an elevator. While I don't recall a huge bldg. on the square, who knows, but Saxtons is a store, some viewers remember the short back story for it, sorry, I don't.......but Bistro is a new set.

Well at least I wasn't losing it. Tried figuring out who I missed opening a place. Maybe they could use this as a way to bring in an owner who isn't related to everyone in town. The dating pool is depleted. I think Gabi's only option of a guy would be with Roman or Abe at this point.

Thanks, Poirot.

Lil0, I love your idea about Julie.

The Bistro must have been in Salem awhile because everyone talked about
the food they liked. The cafe on the square has a sign that says Bistro. Maybe
it's owned by the bigger restaurant.

Why does Brady have to be the baby daddy? And why did he stay and watch
TV with Kristen?

What's Kate going to do now since Victor took back the job offer?

Nice to see Jack with Adrienne.

Where did Jen's coat come from? She didn't have one at the door when
she was going in. She went off with Kate and had a coat. Then she
didn't have one when the elevator opened.

Now, though it's not Lani's fault that Stefan died
I second everything you said, but I would point out that if Lani had done her job, the second the psychotic criminal reached for a gun, a competent police officer would have shot her. None of this would be an issue if Lani had done her job. But she's always been a man-hungry, selfie-taking coattail-rider first, and a professional second.

I also don't like that the Hortons hovered over the grieving Gabi and I really hate that someone else we don't know who could have used a heart died so Julie could get a few more months of being crotchety.

Because Brady is going stay CEO

Romance was breaking out all over Salem today (a rare event), but Victor was true to form:
  • referring to Kristen as "this thing";
  • saying that her heart was a "morass of sin and darkness" (fetid sewer filled with unspeakable foulness would also have been apt);
  • suggesting that the Salem witch was "having the vapors";
  • saying about Brady-Kristen, "I need a drink" (so will many viewers if Kristen continues to stick around).
Given the bizarre history of weddings in Salem, lovebirds Lani and Eli should get more practical when it comes to their wedding plans. Instead of fussing over which cake to choose they should be thinking about getting themselves Kevlar vests and hiring an effective security company.

Adrienne said today that she'll "be around for a while." While she graces Salem with her presence, it might be nice if she dropped by the Spectator for a few minutes. After all, she's supposed to own half the paper.

Sonny and Will need something to do. Maybe open competing coffee houses? Join a gang? Alien abduction? Something.
They sure do. Maybe, they could partner with Rory and open a place that serves marijuana brownies, etc; form the Salem branch of the Pharoahs gang from the old film American Graffiti; start hanging out in Salem Park at 3 AM looking for UFO sightings; or emulate the former Town Square Santa, Percy (Greetings!!!), and start birdwatching. .

Back