Days of Our Lives - Wed., ., Oct. 31, 2018

Thanks Poirot and the others who filled in the blanks

I was wondering about the tea cup and stirring it. Now I know what movie
that's from. I've never seen Rosemary's Baby either.

It was interesting to see Hope transform into Princess Gina. It was funny
when Princess Gina decided she wanted Stefan. She said get him washed
and sent to her room.

Great ending with Hattie wanting to divorce John.

I'm sure the actors enjoyed doing the episode.

Glad that so many of you enjoyed it. Maybe it was my mood, or maybe I've been so unhappy with the storyline progressions (or lack thereof) that I wasn't interested in the stand alone episode. To me, it was a waste of 40+ minutes. Only found a couple of lines mildly entertaining. The silver lining is that Hattie does not want to be Marlena and she agreed to divorce John.

MirriMaz, as I said, I loved it.
But reading over the comments all around, (especially on Facebook) there seem to be a good number of people who hated it, and found Hattie not wanting to be Marlena it's only saving grace, like you. You are definitely not alone.

I ended up streaming the show last night. To me it was a dud!

The writers should've used parodies of movies that were more easily recognizable to the majority of the viewers. The only one I got was Rosemary's Baby, and that was from the original with Mia Farrow way back when. I had no idea about the rest of it except for others posting the movie name that I had to Google.

Hattie as the person with the nightmare just seemed off for me. Abby or even Gabi would've made more sense to me.

While Hattie was featured, obviously this episode was meant to convince her to divorce John, since she was so adamant in refusing. He had told her she would have to be Marlena 24/7, and the nightmare was also to show how much she really did not know and would be unable to do, as her. Every time Marlena was asked to do something, or remember something, Hattie was stumped, fumbled her way through. I really think the person having a grand time and enjoying it all was Julie, LOL.
However, many folks are not fans of sci-fi or horror movies, and thus had no idea that there were salutes to those few movies.
I think Addams family might have been more recognizable. ET, Dracula........can you just see Rolf as that character? LOL

I agree, Poirot. I hadn't seen any of the movies so did not get the connections. (Not a horror fan). I just got some amusement out of watching the characters bumble around and thinking about the actors as they performed. I don't usually like things like that but I kinda decided ahead of time I would try to enjoy it so I did.

The actors must have had a good time doing this one. If the writers wanted to give them a chance to act in ways totally unlike their usual roles they also could have had:
  • Eric as the bubbling bon vivant life of any party;
  • Bishop Xander castigating Salemites for their immoral, materialistic life styles, and giving Victor a hard time for his failure to properly support the Salem Greek Orthodox Church;
  • Bonnie dressed as a nursemaid and extolling the values of quality child care;
  • Belle and Justin actually talking like real lawyers;
  • Maggie munching on oreos and explaining why home-baked cookies are seriously overrated;
  • John saying that many things in Salem really aren't facts;
  • Sami admitting that EJ never really changed after all.

Back