Days of Our Lives Wednesday 2/10/2016

S

Sparkster

At Martin House, Chad is showing Abby pictures on his phone. He talks about wanting to do everything right by his son the rest of his life. They start to talk a bit about eloping/moving into the mansion and it’s a touchy topic so they table it. Later, Abby is sleeping while Chad feeds Thomas. She wakes up, surprised Thomas is hungry. Chad tells her it’s ok, he got a bottle for him, they’re having some man to man time. Chad tells Thomas he’s got to go back to sleep and starts to tell him a fairytale about an evil old king who lived in a castle with his two sons. One of the princes was good, the other as evil as the king. The evil prince tried to bring the good prince over to the dark side but the good prince fought and fought but then something happened. He met a girl from the village and fell in love and together they fought back against the evil prince and won. And to this day he’s happy, at peace, and so in love with her and their beautiful son. Chad gets Thomas back to sleep. Abby gets up telling him what a wonderful story that was. She says she made a decision. She wants to run away and get married with him. He’s thrilled. Kiss, kiss.

At the K-Mansion, Victor is ripping into Philip about some deal or other with Titan. Philip is apprehensive when all the sudden Deimos shows up. Victor can see something is going on between the two and demands answers. Looks all around. Philip tells Victor to not believe a word out of Deimos’s mouth. Deimos drops the bomb that Philip has been working for him ever since he came back to Salem from Chicago. Deimos tells Victor the whole thing about the woman who overdosed on heroin and died in Philip’s hotel room, she was the daughter of a police officer, etc. Deimos stepped in to help out his nephew which put him in his debt to spy on Victor. Philip is seething. Victor demands to know if this is true. Philip admits it is. Victor yells at Deimos to get out of his house and the next time he sees him will be at his funeral. Deimos takes his leave but gives a parting shot to go easy on his nephew. Philip immediately starts to try to explain but Victor tells him to can it. How could he betray him like this? Philip admits he screwed up, wants to make things right. Victor is having none of it, says this is a pattern with Philip, tells him he’s fired. He doesn’t want to discuss it anymore. Philip says he loves him. Victor says good for you, get out. Philip leaves. Victor looks ready to pass out.

Rafe walks into TBD, sees Eduardo and tries to ignore him. Idle chit-chat, Eduardo offers a glass of a vintage wine he just bought, his favorite. Eduardo asks if Rafe has been in touch with his mother recently. Rafe says she is in Monterrey, Mexico taking care of a friend who is ill. Eduardo offers financial assistance which Rafe quickly brushes aside saying he’s got it handled and has been taking care of his family his whole life. In walks Gabi who just got done with a shoot. She notices the two of them having wine together. Eduardo asks her to join them for dinner. Conversation about Dario. Gabi says he was working in Argentina for Titan but recently resigned. Eduardo would like to get in touch with him but Rafe doesn’t think it’s a good idea. Gabi cheerfully says this is a great dinner and excuses herself to check on the sitter. Eduardo again wonders what is bothering Rafe, he can see something’s up, assumes it has to do with a woman. Rafe chuckles saying “you’re going to give me advice about women”. Eduardo just wants to make up for lost time and help his son out any way he can. Rafe appreciates the offer but reminds him they are a long way off from having that type of relationship. Gabi comes back saying she’s got to head home to sing Arianna to sleep. Eduardo tells her it was a great dinner together and he’s so proud of her. She leaves. He turns to Rafe saying this was really good. Rafe agrees, says he’s got to get going. Eduardo says he allowed his job to consume him and ruin his life. He tells Rafe whoever is on his mind, reach out to them, don’t wait. He leaves. Rafe sees Lani at the bar. She looks over at him.

At the Brady home, Hope has a nightmare about Andre kidnapping Ciara. She jolts awake and Ciara asks if she’s ok. She tries to get her mom to talk about her dream but Hope claims she doesn’t remember. Switch topic to Theo. Ciara fills her in on Theo’s crush on her. Hope asks how she feels about it. Ciara thinks it’s weird because they’ve been friends their whole lives. Hope wonders if he could be more than a friend. Ciara doesn’t know if she wants to date anyone and mentions how bad it will be for Chase. Hope has an apprehensive look on her face.

Andre and Chase sit on the bench, apparently Andre has bought Chase some food to eat. Chase notices the scar on Andre’s face. Andre says most people turn their heads at the sight but he doesn’t seem afraid and has probably seen his share of darkness. Chase knows he’s Andre DiMera and Hope told him to stay away from him because Andre wants to hurt them. Andre asks him if he believes that. Chase says before his dad died he told him to stay away from Andre, who chuckles and says, “well, I am a DiMera”. Andre wonders about Hope letting her children stay out at night to which Chase tells him he’s not really her kid, he just lives there. Andre asks if he’s happy about living there. Chase lets him in on the guards watching them but he gave them the slip. Andre laughs saying they have that in common, not wanting to behave. Andre says it must be difficult living there in Bo’s house where he killed your father. He mentions the lovely Ciara being there. Chase says he screwed things up. Andre suggests things could change but Chase says he’s just like his father, he tries really hard but then something happens and he hurts people. Andre thinks he’s being too hard on himself but Chase thinks he’s facing facts. Andre reminds him that people have hurt him, not the other way around. Chase wonders why he’s being so nice to him. Andre can relate to Chase and wishes he had someone to confide in when he was a young man. He offers to be that person for Chase. He gives Chase his phone number. Chase thanks him. Andre says he should get going or Hope will be sending out the cavalry. He tells Chase to not mention anything about talking with him to Hope or Ciara. Chase agrees. He takes off. Andre gets a triumphant look on his face.

Hope and Ciara are playing cards and continue talking about boys. Ciara beats her at whatever game they’re playing. Hope is glad it’s not for money but Ciara insists it is. She beat her 6 times at $5 a game so Hope owes her $30. LOL. In walks Chase. They wonder where he’s been without telling anyone. Hope starts berating him about taking off like that without the guards. Chase gets angry saying he can take care of himself. He heads upstairs. Ciara tells Hope everything will be fine, he just needs some space. Ciara goes off to bed.

Shawn questions Belle about her spending habits. She brushes it off that she’s a lawyer and has some high paying clients. He’s not buying it saying she’s been a lawyer for all of 2 seconds. She doesn’t appreciate the insult or his lack of confidence in her choice of career. He says he loves her and is worried about some of the choices she has made lately. He wants to work things out in their marriage but she thinks it’s just for Claire’s sake. He wonders if perhaps she may be in a bit of trouble of some sort and offers to help. Belle is once again insulted at the insinuation. She gets all huffy with him and trounces out. Lani comes up asking if he would like some company. She figures he could use a friend. He laments that he put himself completely into his work and it may have cost him his family.

Philip is sulking on the bench. Belle happens by. She asks what happened earlier. He explains he had to get to his dad to explain everything but he was too late and now his dad hates him. Belle tries to reassure him but Philip doesn’t think so. He can see now that this was Deimos’s plan from the start.

Andre is talking to himself in the mirror saying Hope did this to his family. He hopes she’s saying her prayers tonight because she will soon find out what hell is. Meanwhile, Rafe is back at the station working when Hope shows up telling him this thing between them is right, leans in to kiss him. Oops, just a daydream which Lani wakes him from. She wonders what he’s doing this late. He’s leaving soon. She takes off. He then gets a text from Hope saying goodnight. He leaves. Over at the Brady house, a cellphone rings in Chase’s backpack and soon the thing erupts with flames.

Victor calls someone saying he has a problem that needs to go away. He remembers back to when Deimos first showed up at Victor’s house a few weeks ago. Meanwhile Deimos is in his hotel room looking at the Kiriakis trading cards ripping up Philip’s picture.

They need to "sweep" these stories under the rug and start over.

Broom_2.jpg

It was a thoroughly bad day for Shaggy Phil -- exposed as a traitor by Deimos and fired as Titan CEO by an angry Victor. He was probably so distracted that he didn't have time to think thoughts about a trip to the Salem Inn with Belle. Speaking of Victor, he seems to have ordered a hit on his nasty little brother. Hopefully, he uses a more professional killer than the one he employed to rid Salem of creepy Clyde. On the subject of Belle -- she claims that she has high-paying clients. Who knew so many Salemites were willing to pay extortionate prices to get back their little, lost kitties? Regarding the DiMera family, Andre was at his diabolical best, but Chad had a nice scene with his baby son. Abigail should have taped it and shown it to judgmental JJ. Maybe then he'd stop talking trash about about Chad.

Last edited:
Maybe Shawn should have asked Belle when exactly she works? I mean, she is always just walking around the square, or the park..(like a lot of others), is not home, has enough $$$ from "high paying clients" to get a fancy ring, but not to get her own place? Hmmm.
Gee, is Victor going to ask Brady to take over titan again? Or ...well, is there anyone with the smarts to do it? Let's see. Kate? Nah...thumbs down. Lucas? Ah, it would bring Lucas into "the action" would it not?

The Hernandez Family dinner scenes were very nice and I enjoyed them but they also highlight my frustration with this story. Where was Gabi? She came in twenty minutes into the show and had lines just to have lines and then was off-camera again. I get that since Rafe is the oldest and was the one who had to pick up the slack when Eduardo took off when he was too young to have to shoulder that kind of responsibility. So naturally he would be less receptive to Eduardo and thus you have drama. But Gabi was abandoned too but it seems like she's struggled with Eduardo's return and started to form a relationship with him off-screen.

I feel like the writers are treating Gabi like they treated Rafe this time last year. There are hints of possible story lines but no follow through. Her relationship with JJ has an enormous amount of potential in my opinion but they are on once every two weeks. I thought the encounter last week with the prison guard could lead to something. Why give this random creep a tie to Gabi? Why not just have him be some obnoxious drunk trying to hit on her. We still could have had J.J. teaching her self-defense in the park. Instead they have the guy make comments about "looking after her" while she was in prison and she was clearly afraid of him. Did that mean anything? It's possible but I'm not holding my breath. She works at Basic Black but so what? And don't even get me started on the fact we haven't seen Arianna since just before Christmas. At this point I fully expect that the next time we see her she'll be one of the teens hanging out at Ciara's next "kickback."

Is the problem that when they decided to bring back Gabi they really had no plan on what to do with her? Was it just a case of them saying, "Since we're killing Will, Arianna should have a parent on the canvas so let's spring her mom from the Big House?" I apologize because I didn't originally intend to go on this rant but this is driving me nuts. I don't necessarily need for her to be driving the story I would be totally fine if she had a legitimate supporting role in something. I just think there's so much more they could be doing with her and they're not. *sigh*

Last edited:
Yes, I think that's why Gabi got out of jail because they were killing Will.

I'm glad Gabi talked to the baby sitter about Arianna... too bad she couldn't
be at the family dinner too.

Tia in Spanish means aunt. I think that's who Rafe's mother is seeing.

How many glasses of wine did Rafe had? He went back to work. I think that's
a big no no when you're a cop.

Great story Chad told Thomas.

Andre's face is freaking me out.

I think the Andre did something to Chase's phone. When he called it a
fire started. I watch too many police shows :)

an evil old king who lived in a castle with his two sons
So this can't be a parable about Stefano. What a relief!! (Stefano had many more sons than 2!!)
Victor is ripping into Philip about some deal or other with Titan
Sure would have been nice to have heard this previously - though admittedly I'm not paying much attention lately. (Sometimes I mute the TV during ads and forget to un-mute it.)

Loved Rafe & Eduardo.
Mexico taking care of a friend who is ill.
Kat's right, the woman mentioned (Estrella) is Rafe's aunt. I'm glad Mama Hernandez recovered enough of her health to travel abroad and care for her sister.
Rafe appreciates the offer but reminds him they are a long way off from having that type of relationship.
I really hope they're not too far off. I'm enjoying the slow burn but I can't wait forever for this family to reconcile. (It might help if Eduardo opened up about his murky past to Rafe, or if Eduardo/Gabi were on more than once a blue moon, but hey....)

Hope has an apprehensive look on her face.
How is this different from the last 3 months? LOL
Andre gets a triumphant look on his face.
Ugh. That's all I can say about this.
they really had no plan on what to do with her?
Her. Or Adrienne. Or Lani. Planning doesn't seem to be their forté, unless your name is Hope.

I'm sorry but that special vintage bottle of wine looked more like a bottle of cheap beer. Not even the right size or shape for a fine wine bottle. And nobody drinks a special aged wine out of a tiny cheap Libbey style glass like that. I suppose they figure that nobody watching soaps care about this stuff. They're wrong.

I really can't stand all of this unwarranted anger Belle has towards Shawn right now. It's annoying me. And equally, I don't like that Shawn is taking all the blame. They both messed up and while both have owned up to it somewhat, they are not owning up to it to each other. That said, they still have great chemistry and I want to see them work things out and have another child.

I also would like to see Shawn share scenes with his mother and sister.

CAN HOPE PLEASE TAKE A BREAK?! This is overkill now. I want to see her twice a week tops.

Liked the Hernandez dinner but would have liked to have seen more of the actual dinner. It seemed Gabi walked in and the next scene she was leaving. Then no more Gabi. Let's see her in scenes with Abby and/or Jeannie as young moms. More with JJ and Arianna too.

Thanks for the summary.

Enjoyed the scenes with Chad, Abby and Thomas along with the Hernandez clan. Everything else is rubbish! I'm really disappointed in these writers. Hope and Belle/Philip/Shawn-D is all overkill. Enough already!

Good Andre/Chase scene; Andre was almost likable.
Andre didn't know, or care, where the backpack was when he triggered the fire with his phone. :angry:

It was a thoroughly bad day for Shaggy Phil - He was probably so distracted that he didn't have time to think thoughts about a trip to the Salem Inn with Belle.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

How many glasses of wine did Rafe have? He went back to work. I think that's a big no no when you're a cop.

:clap: :clap:

(Belle/Shawn) That said, they still have great chemistry and I want to see them work things out and have another child.

I feel that that ship has already, Heather. Too much water under the bridge. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back