Days of Our Lives Wednesday 7/6/16

S

Sparkster

At the townhouse, Belle is asleep on a chair in the living room when Shawn comes over and starts kissing her. All the sudden he morphs into Philip. They kiss passionately. Oops only a dream. Later, Belle opens up her tablet and sees a picture of her and Philip from Vegas, then has a flashback to them playing strip poker, then another flashback from the other day when Philip showed up drunk and started kissing her. She then gets up and leaves the house.

Chloe is with Philip at the Square trying to sober him up. She wonders what happened to make him go get drunk like that. He hedges and then asks her what she’s doing in town. She says she’s actually here to see him and offer an apology. She claims responsibility for the mess he’s been going through with Victor. Philip doubts it could be her fault. She tells him that she’s the reason that Deimos found him. She explains she didn’t know at the time who he really was but it turns out he was just using her for information. He wants to know what exactly Deimos said to her to get her to spill info. She fills him in on meeting “Robert” at the club and they got to talking and he said he had business with Philip. Philip says Deimos waited for me to make a mistake and then pounced. Chloe wonders what he did. He explains about the girl OD’ing in his hotel room and Deimos coming in and cleaning up the mess which led to the blackmail to go after Victor. He had no choice. Chloe feels bad about her involvement but Philip tells her Deimos won’t be a problem anymore as he drowned in the river. Chloe then drops the bomb that Deimos is alive and how she came to his rescue. Philip asks how she found out about him being Deimos. She says he told her. Philip wonders if his parents know about this. She’s not sure and she really doesn’t care one iota about Kate. Philip mentions the relationship between his mother and Deimos and the Nicole factor and then figures out that it really was Kate that pushed Deimos into the river. Chloe nods in agreement. Chloe recounts Deimos’s story of the argument with Nicole and then with Kate ending in her pushing him. Philip asks if she believes it. Chloe retorts Kate tried to kill someone? Uh, yeah! She thought she would have mellowed out over the years. Philip isn’t sure about all this since Deimos is involved. He wonders what Deimos’s next move is. Chloe thinks he’s out for blood. They discuss the fake marriage too. Philip realizes his mother could be in a world of trouble and wants to go warn her of all this. He asks when she’s heading back to Chicago. Tomorrow. She talks of having to find another job as her hours at the club have been cut in half. He gets a lightbulb moment. He asks her to meet him for breakfast at the Pub tomorrow and he will explain everything. He takes off to go find Kate.

Nicole is with Parker at the Pub eating ice cream. He asks her if she misses his daddy. Every day, she says. But he’s always with us. Parker says he keeps the monsters away. She asks him about meeting Deimos. He says he was nice to him but mommy was mad at Deimos. Nicole explains that Deimos likes to play games and can be selfish so be careful around him. Later Chloe shows up to join them. Parker runs off to check out the juke box. Chloe asks how things went with Parker. Nicole says he was an angel but he’s worried about his mom. Nicole starts to question Chloe’s involvement with Deimos. Chloe fills her in on the whole story. They then talk about Deimos being obsessed with Nicole due to her resemblance to Helena. Nicole asks if she still has feelings for Deimos. Chloe talks about how he asked her to go away with him but then Nicole showed up and she saw the way he looked at her and could tell she didn’t stand a chance. Nicole says it’s Helena that Deimos wants not her. Chloe is just mad at herself for falling for the guy and alludes to the two of them sleeping together. She asks Nicole if the charges have been dropped yet. Nicole says no. Chloe offers that perhaps Deimos just wants to build up a case against Kate to really take her down. Nicole is not so sure. Chloe thinks they should band together to protect themselves from Deimos. Parker returns and hugs Nicole goodbye. Chloe then tells Parker that they are going to stick around Salem for a bit. Parker is excited.

Over at the K-mansion, Kate imagines Deimos arriving back home and he taunts her a little bit until she stabs him with a letter opener. Meanwhile, Deimos is hovering outside the front door. Kate then has another fantasy of killing him with a fireplace poker. And a third fantasy where Kate tells him how sorry she was for how things happened at the river and asks his forgiveness. He asks about them being married which she said was a strategic move to save the business. He is inspired by her stealth. She pours him a drink and they toast but she notices he doesn’t drink it. He thinks she poisoned it but when he turns around she shoots him dead. Now, real-life Deimos has entered the living room but Kate has left.

Kate goes to see Roman at the police station demanding answers about the case to find Deimos. He can tell she’s on edge. He notes she’s had quite a few husbands and men in her life so he’s not really buying her phony concern about Deimos here. He even mentions her being with Clyde longer than this and didn’t blink an eye when she got rid of him. Roman can see something is eating away at her and offers to be there for her as a friend. She tells him she’s a mess. She lost the man she loved. She wasn’t looking for it and actually was happy to be just her and on her own but then Deimos came to town and she found her equal. Roman seems skeptical and thinks she’s holding something back. Kate sneers that she is upset her husband is missing and it’s all because of Nicole.

Later, Shawn is at the station banging on the keyboard. Roman walks in and wonders whose face was on that keyboard to make him so angry. Shawn tersely replies, Philip. He tells Roman about Philip showing up drunk to the townhouse and how he’s always around making a play for Belle. Roman thinks he should handle this man to man.

Philip shows up at the mansion banging on the door yelling for his mother. Deimos is inside having a drink. Philip then tries the handle and opens the door. When he walks in Deimos is gone. Later we see Philip walking through the square and Shawn calls after him. Philip tries to apologize for his behavior earlier and wants to make amends. Shawn says to leave Belle alone and is asking him to step aside for everyone’s sake. Belle is wandering through the square. Philip then tells Shawn that Belle doesn’t really love him. Shawn is getting irritated. Philip says she’s not that “Last Blast Dance” girl that Shawn is trying to force her to be. He tells Shawn that Belle has a wild side and if he keeps her locked up a part of her will die. Shawn says he’s not trying to lock her up. Philip leaves just as Belle walks up.

Nicole is walking through the square and looks at her phone. Next we see Kate return home and starts to head upstairs but then hears the piano from the other room. She enters and sees Deimos playing. He stops and raising his glass says, “hello darling, aren’t you going to welcome me home?” Kate looks scared.

Boy, I could have taken a few more fantasies about how Kate could kill Deimos ! :sarcasm: Seriously, talk about a waste of time ! If the budget is so tight, stop wasting film on repetitive and stupid stuff. :rolleyes:

I do enjoy Nicole, though. I kind of like Chloe this time around. I'm just afraid their friendship will soon be ruined, so will the characters. But right now, them and Deimos have me intrigued. I don't want to be intrigued by Deimos... but I am. Or maybe I just like the actor. But I'll take anything right now to make me even remotely interested in what used to be my favorite show.

Belle (or should I say Sami 2.0) can leave now. Philip... without the tramp, there was potential there, maybe rekindle things with Chloe, but alas, wasted. Shawn. Again, what a waste !

So mostly... way to go, Days writers, still going strong ! :sarcasm:

So glad I had a conference call run over so I could start late via DVR. Everything Kate was fast forwarded except for the Roman scenes. These 2 still have it. LOVED his line about seeing her through a lot of husbands including himself! LOL!!!!! And I love that he still doesn't believe her. This is how Rafe and Sami were written initially as well.

What is up with the show's pacing??? We saw Belle in the 1st set of scenes and then not again until over 30 min later? Parker got more air time than she did. And the show needs to STOP with the rewrites!! No way did Belle ever pick Philip over Shawn. The only reason they married was due to misunderstandings. She was pining for Shawn the entire time. Just let Belle and Shawn find their way back to each other and then have normal couple issues. I think something will happen to Shawn to make Belle wake up once and for all. I know I keep saying this but it's what I think.

I liked what I saw of Philip and Chloe. Nice chemistry there. Good writing in these scenes too and we got a Last Blast shout out. Please keep her far from Deimos.

Speaking of Deimos, I do hope he brings Kate down a few notches. Her dress was awful too.

I also hope we get some Chloe and Belle scenes. Belle needs a friend just as much as Nicole does.

I have a question and I will give eleventy-seventy bajillion dollars to the person who can answer it: How long has this one day been going on? It feels like it's been going on for at the very least two weeks now. The pacing on this show is so all-over-the place that they should give a Nobel prize to whoever can not only figure it out but explain it as well.

But there some good things I thought:

The Nicole and Parker scenes were cute.

The picture was in focus and the sound was clear.

No, I'm kidding about the second one. The episode wasn't THAT bad but I am so tired of seeing the same people every day for almost a month now,

It's to the point where I welcome the interminable Shawn/Belle/Philip triangle because it feels like a breath of fresh air.

I had an off-topic thought while I was watching I just had to throw out there: Have you ever watched one of those commercials that tell you to to your doctor about prescription medications for conditions like Irritable Bowel Syndrome that inevitably list what seem like a unsettlingly long list of side effects and think "Why in the heck would I talk to my doctor about that? That sounds horrible." I know they have to give those warnings but so many of those medications sound like so much more trouble then they're worth it seems self-defeating to even advertise them.

Anyway I'm sorry to go off-topic but those are just the kind of thoughts the show is inspiring in me right now. LOL

As others have said, today's episode left something to be desired. Once again, the viewers were treated to the Philip-Shawn-Belle merry-go-round (enough already!) and if Kate's imagination had been any more overactive, Deimos would have died more times in a single episode than Stefano did in his whole career. One notable scene shift consisted of Parker talking about "keeping all the monsters away" immediately followed by a shot of Kate on the K-mansion stairs. Finally, Shawn's remark to Shaggy Phil, "What truth is that?," was very appropriate for Salem, a town where very often, as the old Jefferson Airplane song goes, "the truth is found to be lies."

Not having actually seen much of the first Philip/Belle/Shawn go around, I can only speak from reading the recaps and seeing the odd clip. I think Philip is partially correct. I think at the end of the day Belle does love Shawn and probably always will - but he's right about her having a wild(er) side, or at least a side which craves attention and excitement and doesn't want to be a boring good girl, which is where Philip comes in. But Philip is deluding himself if he's ever been anything but the second choice, and he keeps letting her destroy him (emotionally), which is insane. He needs to grow a pair and walk away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Sparks........so is that last bit with Deimos real....or another fantasy?
The last scene is real. Deimos is in a robe or darker shirt in that scene whereas the fantasy scenes he's wearing a lighter blue shirt.

Who knew Deimos was such a Fanilow! :rotfl::rotfl:
Now, now, JS....you know it's a no-no to use those cutesy combo names. :rotfl:Just kidding.....

What is up with the show's pacing??? We saw Belle in the 1st set of scenes and then not again until over 30 min later?

I also hope we get some Chloe and Belle scenes. Belle needs a friend just as much as Nicole does.
I agree. When Belle showed back up onscreen at more than half past the hour I was almost confused and then remembered they opened the show with her. Shawn didn't show up until much later in the show either (with the exception of the 2 seconds he was in Belle's little dream).

As to Chloe/Belle, I agree there too. I understand the friendship that developed between Chloe/Nicole in recent years but Chloe/Belle goes back much further.

But there some good things I thought:

The Nicole and Parker scenes were cute.

The picture was in focus and the sound was clear.

.......Anyway I'm sorry to go off-topic but those are just the kind of thoughts the show is inspiring in me right now. LOL
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Kudos to Sparkster for making this episode sound much better than it actually was when I watched it.
Aw, shucks, red, you're making me blush! :love:

Thanks Sparkster.

Thanks, JS for letting us know about the song at the end. I knew I heard it before.

It was interesting to hear Chloe and Philip talk about Buddy's Burger Barn. That's
where everyone used to go when they were high school.

It was funny when Kate mentioned she was glad they put the poker back during her one
fantasy. Did they take it away after Theresa hit John with it?

Good scenes with Nicole, Parker and Chloe.

A nice scene with Kate and Roman.

According to my notes, the new day started Jun 29. Andre made Kate breakfast.

I forgot to mention that I liked the Roman/Shawn scene too and Roman giving Shawn some advice. I wish we would get these same types of scenes with Shawn and Ciara. I don't want to see Rafe trying to be her father. Shawn can do that.

I think at the end of the day Belle does love Shawn and probably always will - but he's right about her having a wild(er) side, or at least a side which craves attention and excitement and doesn't want to be a boring good girl

Interesting point. I think Shawn will end up working on these things with Belle.

Someone pointed out on twitter that Belle didn't have a single line today. I thought she did in the first scene but maybe not.

Thanks for the summary. I guess I'm the odd man out, but I enjoyed this episode. OK, could've done without Kate's imaginings and Shawn-D/Philip/Belle. But even that love triangle filler today wasn't unbearable (as compared to Summer). I do hope that Philip can move on from Belle and maybe get with Chloe, as they have a decent past from what I understand. Would be much more exciting to see than him drinking. Besides, their chat was nice. I just really hope that Parker's paternity isn't changed again: regardless of how we feel about Daniel, it'd just be jumping the shark for Parker to turn out to be Philip's after all.

LOVE the Deimos storyline right now. This is driving the show! I wish some more characters were involved--let's see Rafe and Hope more involved with this instead of always worrying about Aiden and the DiMeras.

Back