Days of Our Lives - Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Kris10

Reaction score
Tripp is in the pub talking on the phone with someone when Joey pops in to have a beer with his brother before he heads to see Dad. Tripp says he visited with his mom and hung out with Wendy earlier.

Wendy opens the door to Johnny, who invites her to a movie.

Stephanie comes over to Chad's, he had texted her. He invited her over to tell her he ran into Alex and that he knows they spent the night together.

Alex and Allie, she brought him his boxers. Chanel found them and threw a fit.

Abe and Paulina, he's been setting up a romantic dinner. Abe says Chanel was going to make up with Allie (yeah I'm doubting that). Chanel comes out of the bedroom in the middle of their canoodling - his cooking smells amazing and she's famished. They both have surprised looks on their faces. Chanel was napping. They make excuses to have her stay, but Abe thought she was getting back with Allie. Chanel says that she was hoping that too, but apparently Allie has more to be sorry for than she thought.

Allie argues with Alex about Chanel's misunderstanding over finding his underwear. Chanel didn't believe Allie, Alex will call and tell her. Allie doesn't think that will work.

Stephanie was going to text Chad but he beat her to it. She saw him at Titan and told her. The flowers at Steve's this morning were from Alex, he came the night before to drop them off, Alex left them behind after seeing them. Stephanie says his note was genuine and Alex knew he messed up and owned his mistakes. She told him she appreciated him saying that. Chad says that it's good she was able to get closure. Stephanie says it was closure, she told Alex they would not be getting back together, because she wants Chad.

Joey teases Tripp about him and Wendy. Tripp says Wendy has been a good friend to him. And she's sort of seeing Johnny.

Wendy thought she and Johnny were going to wait to date. The movie he's inviting her to is only playing for one night. She feels like it's sudden that he wants to go out after their discussion about waiting. He wants to know if she's upset because of that or because of what happened with Chanel.

Joey says Johnny's trying to play both sides of the fence, wanting both Wendy and Chanel. Tripp says that's not what he was saying. Joey thinks Johnny forfeited his right to go after Wendy when he still has feelings for Chanel. Joey says Johnny is cool, but not as cool as his hotshot doctor brother. Joey tells him to go for it with Wendy if he wants to.

Johnny asks Wendy if she's hesitating because it still bugs her he almost kissed Chanel. She says she hasn't forgotten about it. Johnny says they talked through it all. He wonders if Allie is filling her head with doubts. Johnny tries to call Chanel out. Wendy tells him to stop, then tells him Chanel moved out.

Paulina tells Chanel that it shouldn't matter what happened between when she walked out and when she went back to apologize. (Great supportive pep talk there, Mama Price) and she should go back and make things right. Paulina tells Abe to explain what she meant and back her up. Abe says your mother just wants you to be happy and we've seen how happy Allie makes you. Paulina says sometimes you have to be humble. Chanel gets her point, she'll do that and forget all about Allie sleeping with Alex. Both Abe and Paulina are surprised at the outburst.

Stephanie and Chad are kissing and she tells him she hopes they can put Alex behind them and concentrate on them. Chad says that sounds good to him. More kissing. She asks if the kids are sleeping and if they are alone and that is followed by loud giggles. No, the kids are not asleep. They came into the room, Charlotte told her brother she heard voices. They run over and hug Stephanie. Thomas says "You didn't tell us Stephanie was coming over, what are we doing?" Chad says we're doing nothing, the both of you are going back to bed. But Dad! They want to hang out with Stephanie. She's going to make them a deal, she'll read them a story but then they have to go to bed. The kids agree to the deal and go to pick out a book. Chad thanks her.

Alex says he'll take the L on this one. If he had looked for his underwear longer this morning, she and Chanel would have made up. They deserve medals of honor for having restraint. He tells her he's been rejected by Stephanie. She asks what happened. He won't say. They discuss getting hungover again. Allie informs him Chanel moved out. They are headed out to nurse their hangover.

Paulina tries to convince Chanel that there are many reasons why a man would leave underwear behind. Paulina and Abe tell her maybe he sleeps naked. Chanel wants to change the subject. Abe suggests they eat. Chanel doesn't want to ruin their romantic evening. She tells them to have fun and leaves. Abe and Paulina discuss her relationship woes.

Joey tells Tripp he's a better choice for Wendy and Tripp needs to open his eyes to feelings she could have for him. Tripp wants to talk about anything but Wendy. Joey says no problem. But then looks at Wendy's contact on his phone and grins.

Wendy and Johnny further discuss his history with Chanel. He tries to say the movie invite is just a movie, no pressure. Wendy agrees to go with him to the movie. Then the phone rings and she should take it. It's Joey, she was going to call him. Joey tells her he's worried about Tripp who's in a bad way about his mom. He's with him now but has to leave, would she mind coming by and keeping him company for awhile. Wendy of course wouldn't mind, she'll be there soon. Johnny asks if something is wrong. She tells him about Tripp going through a lot and Joey's ask. Johnny isn't happy about it. He brings up that Tripp's mom killed his grandma and maybe he could use comfort. Wendy eventually thanks him for understanding. He leaves.

Tripp returns to the table and tells Joey he thinks they should go be with Dad. Joey tells him he has to go to the bathroom and to wait for him to get back. After walking away he texts Wendy to get there soon.

Stephanie, Chad and the kids are all on the couch while Stephanie is reading to them. Thomas tells Stephanie that Mommy used to read that book to them and they love it. She says her mom read it to her as well. They want to stay up longer. Chad says the puppy dog eyes won't work, but then caves and gives them a few minutes. Thomas has a question for Stephanie. "Are you and my dad dating?" Chad asks if it would be okay with them if they were.

Alex and Allie are out drinking somewhere discussing Stephanie and Chad and if they really did have sex. Allie says misery loves company and he can talk to her about it.

Chanel and Johnny run into each other, he tells her she was just at her place which isn't her place anymore. She tells him she and Allie are taking a break. Chanel tells him it's not just because of their almost kiss, then tells about Alex' underwear. Johnny is surprised about that. She explains about Abe and Paulina's romantic dinner. Johnny invites her to the movie with him. Johnny asks if that's a good idea.

Joey comes back towards the table, Tripp says let's go. Wendy walks in and Joey whispers to her to not tell Tripp he asked her to come.

Chad wants them both to know he'll always love their mother, just like he knows they will. And he was going to tell them about Stephanie and him, but wanted to wait for the right time. He wants them to know it makes him happy that they like Stephanie, he does too. He admits to dating her. He doesn't want them confused or feeling bad. Thomas says not him, and not Charlotte too. They ask if they'll be getting married. Chad is speechless. But eventually says that is too big of a step to talk about right now. He asks again if it's okay? Do they want to spend more time with Stephanie? They immediately turn to hug her and she says she guesses that is a yes.

Tripp thinks it's such a coincidence they ran into each other. Joey invites her to have a beer with them. They all sit and talk about his mom and things. Joey is laying it on thick with Wendy thanking her for taking care of his brother.

Alex and Allie are still lamenting their relationship woes. They toss back some more shots. The plan is to get drunk apparently.

Johnny and Chanel discuss that Wendy is taking care of Tripp, he invites her again to the movie. She doesn't think it's a good idea but eventually breaks down and agrees to go. Allie never has to know, Johnny says.

Stephanie and Chad are walking towards the door so she can leave, she thought he handled it great. Chad's glad she loves the kids. They laugh about the looks on their faces when Thomas asked the marriage question. More kissing.

Paulina and Abe poking around their dinner plates. She's distraught over Chanel's broken heart. Abe convinces Paulina to trust Chanel to find the right fix.

Johnny teases that they'll wear sunglasses. Teases about her knowing morse code. She says she needs one of the elaborate disguises if she's going. More teasing. Then she asks what movie it is. Evil Dead 2 he says. She says "God, no!" She won't go to the movie, but they can still hang, so he says ok where do you want to go?

Joey's still trying to sell his brother's attributes to Wendy. Tripp finally says enough about me and then starts singing Joey's praises. He just last week took out the recycling all by himself. Joey goes to excuse himself and Tripp says lets go and Joey tells him to stay. Tripp then follows him to the door and says you called her didn't you. Joey admits it.

Paulina says she's not worried about Chanel anymore thanks to Abe. She's so grateful for him.

Chad walks back into the living room, tells the kids it's time for bed, they want one more book. He agrees but only after they are tucked in. Before they go upstairs, he wanted to tell them something. He's grateful they have both been sweet and welcoming to Stephanie. It means a lot to them. He wants to tell them something very important. He loves both of them more than anything and they are the most important thing in the world to him. No one will ever replace their mother, not for him or them. He hugs them.

Joey's in the square and meets up with Stephanie. She's headed home to see Dad, so is he. She asks if Tripp is too. Joey says hopefully not for a while.

Tripp and Wendy get back to a conversation.

Allie and Alex are drunk and drinking more and end up basically kissing as they try to share the lime Alex put in his mouth just as Chanel and Johnny walk in. (Who would have guessed?)

and to think I am paying for the privilege of watching this..... :sick:

Thank you Kris for writing this up....today's episode warranted one of @JasonDíSpeech 13 sentence breakdown......

The kids were cute a bit too sweet but cute.... at least they weren't total brats....

Love the message that alcohol fixes everything..... until it doesn't......

Still don't like Abe and Paulina.

I am so tired of Allie & Chanel. More tired of Allie. She is very annoying. Hopefully the bar run- in will be the end of them.

Everyone wants Wendy. Didn't Tripp say it seems like dad needs us, we should go? Then he just stays. Guess Dad's not that important.

Also don't like Chad and Stephanie. Really don't like Chad. Seems like the kids like Stephanie more than Abigail. You know a good response to "are you going to get married?" would have been "Oh, it's too soon for that! We just started dating." That was a great little speech he gave the kids. Too bad he wasn't there for them when their mom died.

Chad and Stephanie are cute and all with the kids, but I liked her with Alex. I guess it's just me subconsciously missing Abigail and not ready for anyone to date Chad. But then again, in true soap fashion, now Abigail could make her return and be all "omg my hubby moved on blah blah blah" as they do.

Is it weird that I'm already over it before it even happens on the show?

Was interesting that Thomas did all the talking, (did very well) Charlotte just nodded her head once or twice. She seemed to really not want to be there. LOL

Chad seems rather disinterested in everything he is doing, whoever he is talking to, even his dialogue, responses to others.

Did not like Alex taking over someone else's office. Then again, those corporations seem loosely run, no one really in charge, etc.

As others have noted........it seemed all filler today. Am really tired of the assumptions by various characters, when they see two people together, and are positive they know exactly what is going on, and they don't. Overdone.

Thanks, Kris.

The place where Alex and Allie is called Small Bar.

Alex put his underwear in a file drawer. Who will find it and is it stinky?

Allie told Alex he had a one track mind since he was talking about sex. AGAIN.

Chad has spoiled his kids since Abby died. He was going to tell them another story before they went to sleep.
At least, he was making get into bed first.

Nice to see Joey and Stephanie together.

This show loves to hire Emmy® winners and then give them a terrible story for six months, then nothing for story for a year. Weird.

The young set change-a-roo might work better with a shorter filming lag. The writers can't decide whom they want with whom, and the fans can't react.

I loathe the stepcousin romance. BUT I also never got the feeling Stephanie liked/loved Chad. Maybe I just miss Shelley Hennig (ex-Stephanie).

I don't have anything against her, either; I'm just not feeling her love for these other characters.

I didn't like the Nathan/Stephanie story, but I believed she loved him. I just wanted her to be stronger than second choice.

Back