Days of our Lives - Wednesday, March 20, 2024

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
35 minutes of recaps and flashbacks. LOTS of Konstantin, in a robe, no less.

Theresa and Eric meet in the town square, a planned meeting. Theresa whines that parenting a teen is a pain. Beyond that, nothing else was discussed. Did I miss Eric being her sponsor?

Maggie is having issues with a very fussy Victoria. Konstantin comes into the room in his robe. GAG ME. He suggests walking around the room singing to the crying baby works.

Xander and Sarah are having breakfast. Xander thinks last night was perfect. They wonder if breakfast can be reheated? If it can, he has another idea, it can be reheated, so back to bed they go.

Johnny and Chanel wake up in the grey sheets of the Salem Inn.

EJ is yelling into the phone at Stefan, the plane is waiting, where in the hell are you?Nicole walks in on the angry EJ. He tells Nicole that Stefan knows there is urgent family business overseas. Holly comes into the room as an angry unhinged teen, demanding to know why EJ had Tate arrested?

Eric and Theresa talk about Tate and the halfway house. Theresa believes that Tate and Holly are young and they aren’t good for each other. Jude wakes and cries, so Eric ends the conversation and leaves. Theresa flashes back to a conversation with Tate about Nicole. In case you weren’t clear that Tate is the harmed party in the Tate/Holly drug thing.

Konstantin is walking in the living room, singing a lullaby in Greek (per the closed captioning) to Victoria as Maggie watches. Victoria has calmed down. She is a tiny 7-month-old, stupid Salem time zone warps. Konstantin tells Maggie he adores this little one as he adores her grandmother. Maggie cringes.

Xander and Sarah have reheated and consumed their breakfast. Sarah thinks this is really nice being together. They go to get dressed and get their daughter.

Johnny and Chanel have a multi hundred-dollar breakfast delivered to the room, but Johnny isn’t hungry for breakfast. The eggs will be cool and the bacon soggy, but they fall back into bed. Now they are eating breakfast. Johnny says if they keep this up, they can cancel their gym membership. Chanel blah blahs about how great Johnny is. They discuss Paulina and Abe. Then a quick recap of their history. They agree they are perfect. (She’s a hardly working baker, he’s unemployed, so yeah, perfect)

Maggie is amazed how fast a child can grow and change before her eyes, not Victoria, her blanket’s changed but she’s the same size as the day she was born. Konstantin agrees, he watched his Katarina (today’s spelling) become a wise and caring soul. He wonders what his daughter would have grown up to be a mother or whatever? Sarah and Xander walk in and Konstantin leaves in a hurry.

EJ and Nicole try to talk to Holly. (it’s morning the morning after Tate visited Holly) EJ explains he had Tate arrested, but isn’t going to press charges, so Tate is back at the halfway house. Holly is pleased, she feared he'd be sitting alone in some jail cell again, easily forgetting she could free Tate forever by just coming clean. But hey, everyone loves this story so let’s keep it going for a bunch longer, okay?

EJ reminds Holly that Tate is safe at the halfway house, and that he needs to wear a ankle monitor and needs to remain 100 feet from this house and Holly. Cranky Holly claims this is unfair! Yes, she thinks being unable to see her friend is unfair. If you only knew, she yells at them. Nicole asks if I only knew what? Holly recovers, if you only knew how sad this makes me. (Sad is what everyone else but the two densest parents are feeling as this continues.)

Xander is happily carrying Victoria around and smiling at her. Maggie tells of Konstantin calming down the baby. Xander asks that Konstantin be kept away from his daughter. Maggie tells of the story of Katarina. Sarah thinks that makes Konstantin a good man. Xander does not agree.

Chanel and Johnny think that perhaps they should throw Mama a welcome home party, in a couple of hours. They are still in robes and eating breakfast.

Nicole tries to calm Holly. Holly is snotty and wants to go for a walk. Nicole wants to go with Holly on a walk. But Holly wants to go alone. EJ tries to explain the restraining order rules to Holly and begs her to not contact Tate as it will just make things worse.

Theresa is finishing her coffee/tea after Eric left her and our good friend Konstantin sits down with her. Konstantin mentions it’s been a long while since we’ve chatted. How is it going to acquire Alex Kiriakis’ fortune? Theresa glares at Konstantin then tells him this isn’t the time and place as he recaps their agreement to have Theresa marry her “love” and take all of his money. Theresa recaps her story of finding an engagement ring and moving out. Konstantin is shocked that Theresa is ignoring Alex and focusing on her son.

Maggie offers tea, but Xander’s hand are happily full with his little girl. She asks how did it work out that Xander is a semi free man? She's told Harris can’t identify his shooter.

The welcome home party is coming along swimmingly.

EJ is now angry texting Stefan but tells Nicole he was checking to see if Holly had texted him. They recap New Year’s Eve and the relationship of Holly and Tate. EJ thinks it’s best they keep Tate and Holly apart.

Holly's at the park runs into Eric and Jude. She wishes she could take back New Year’s Eve. Eric flashes back to a conversation he had with Brady. (Because we can’t remember what happened.) Both Eric and Holly looked pained. Holly continues the claim that her memory is fuzzy. She tells Eric that Tate is a really good kid. The terrible things my mom and EJ think they aren’t true. Eric asks what is the truth? (We now get a flashback of the New Year’s Eve mini confrontation with Tate about taking the pills.)

EJ is wondering if it’s not a great idea to hold the christening celebration at the DiMansion. The party that is tomorrow. Nicole is trying to prove to Sloan that she is trying to get along with her, and thinks this will help her get over the loss of her baby boy. Sure.

Chanel and Johnny discuss the honeymoon at the cabin that Sarah has offered. Johnny wants to play cribbage; Chanel was thinking two-handed poker. Johnny wonder if he should go fishing, in March? And catch a big striped bass, Chanel laughs then tells him you catch it and I’ll cook it. Johnny thinks we make a good team, Mrs. DiMera, Chanel replies yes, we do, Mr. DuPree.

Konstantin is back to complaining to Theresa about how poorly the con is going. He asks Theresa if she wants to be rich. (Theresa should be rich already; her daddy is really wealthy). Konstantin tells of the inroads he’s made into Maggie’s life. Theresa doesn’t buy it, she thinks Maggie will toss him.

Xander holding Victoria but he’s snarking at Maggie about Konstantin. Maggie wonders why the rest of the house isn’t up? She leaves to get dressed. Sarah goes on and on about how great Konstantin is, does that change Xander’s mind? Nope, Xander is more convinced that Konstantin is a con man working on Maggie.

Holly and Eric talk, and she continues the lie, but Eric has it figured out and now wonders how to get Holly to talk?

EJ and Nicole talk about the upcoming party. Huggy kissy. After Nicole leaves, EJ calls Gregory and asks if they are on the way to the airfield? Stefan is still missing. Have you checked the tunnels, EJ? Cell reception could be very bad down there.

Last edited:
Thank you for the summary, robinsnest. How did you stay awake through this episode?

Your remarks were the best part!

Konstantin in a robe?!?! Gross. Boy, they sure have dumbed down Maggie to fit this stupid story. The Maggie we know would've seen through Konstantin from the get-go.

Thank you, Robin!

I do fear Maggie is falling for Konstantin and think she might visit his bedroom one of these nights. The horror, the horror!

I hope Theresa comes to her senses and exposes Konstantin, but there is no proof of his plot. Alex would be a fool to get back with her, but since he already is a fool, he just might.

Am enjoying Xander and Sarah this time around. Will their lovefest last this time?

Same for Johnny and Chanel. Too much non-drama and love stuff. Something needs to happen, in Salem style, to put a dent in their bliss.

Stefan is in hot water no matter which way he turns, but as he wants to take revenge on Ava, he can't have gone far.

Just wondering if the comment about Theresa being rich because her family has money was actually said, or if it was a comment from @robinsnest. I have read it on other boards that people think that just because the FAMILY has money, that makes Theresa rich. It doesn't! Her father/mother have earned it - she hasn't. I don't know why they would give her money until she can prove she is not a screw-up.

In the past she has been involved in many schemes and she still is now. Plus, being addicted to drugs is another reason to not just give her money. Do we know what jobs she has had to earn money? She hasn't had a job since she came to Salem, other than trying to get Alex's money. And, once everyone finds out it isn't even his, and she was the one to change the evidence, I don't see her being any more trustworthy than she has been.

Just wondering if the comment about Theresa being rich because her family has money was actually said, or if it was a comment from @robinsnest. I have read it on other boards that people think that just because the FAMILY has money, that makes Theresa rich. It doesn't! Her father/mother have earned it - she hasn't. I don't know why they would give her money until she can prove she is not a screw-up.

In the past she has been involved in many schemes and she still is now. Plus, being addicted to drugs is another reason to not just give her money. Do we know what jobs she has had to earn money? She hasn't had a job since she came to Salem, other than trying to get Alex's money. And, once everyone finds out it isn't even his, and she was the one to change the evidence, I don't see her being any more trustworthy than she has been.
Theresa runs the regurgitated version of Bella Magazine. According to Maggie and Xander it is tanking under her leadership.

I really like how Suzanne Rogers (Maggie) says the lines as written, like she trusts Konstantin, but her body language and facial expressions are saying the opposite. The actress is clearly not on board with the dumbing down of Maggie.

Chanel and Johnny were a waste of time. I find myself wondering what Everett is up to.

Thanks, robin.

It's a new day in Salem.

Doll-in-Blanket has grown a little, but not very much.

Is the DiMera mansion in a different time zone? Nicole, EJ and Holly were dressed. No mention of breakfast.
Everyone else just ate or will be eating breakfast. Maybe it's the Salem way.

I'm glad Xander is still suspicious of Konstantin.

Will Theresa try to get back with Alex?

Will Holly tell Eric the truth? She almost did today.

Konstantin wearing a robe and singing to the baby — barf. I’d rather see him wearing prison stripes and breaking rocks. As for lovebirds Johnny and Chanel, and airhead Holly, I’d rather not see them at all. Finally, here’s hoping the Stefan Zero situation somehow blows up in idiot Elvis’s face.

Ah, Dr. B........you delight my common sense genes. Thank you!

Just an aside, but from what I am hearing, after this week, we no longer will have to endure the results of the fired guy's machinations. And so far, there has been no word of a "co" exec producer to join up with Janice Drucker......so whatever Corday is doing, or thinking of doing, or planning on doing in the near future.......we can only guess.

439d625d482c775aa91afacd33d6c91d.jpg

She’s a hardly working baker, he’s unemployed, so yeah, perfect
This gave me a GHC - a good hearty chuckle (somewhere between LOL and "you made me spit out my [beverage]" on our Spectator scale of guffaws).
Konstantin is shocked that Theresa is ignoring Alex and focusing on her son.
I hadn't seen this summary before writing mine. Now I know why nothing happened on Thursday's episode. One thing halfway-happened today.
Chanel replies yes, we do, Mr. DuPree.
I know she's not popular, but I like Chanel a lot.
Something needs to happen, in Salem style, to put a dent in their bliss.
I'd really be OK with them being happy and their drama coming in as supporting roles for their screwed-up families. We don't get young couples like that often. And frankly, not a single marital drama story has compelled me in the last decade (great, now I'm having flashbacks to Will vs Sonny vs the Article vs the Club, who has the brain bleach?).

Back