Days Of Our Lives ~ Wednesday, November 12, 2008

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
Days Of Our Lives ~ Wednesday, November 12, 2008

At the Cheatin’ Heart, Chelsea meets Philip who had texted her and asks about Kate. Chelsea says they should be at the hospital and he says they can’t be there. She gets very upset saying she should have been there for her grandmother. Philip tells Chelsea that Daniel gave orders for no more visitors, that Kate is having a rough time with the chemo but she is handling it. When Chelsea insists on going to see her, Philip talks about how brave Kate is and wants to go through with the treatments. Chelsea says she wants Kate in her life again and wishes Kate knew that. He tells Chelsea that they can’t give up on Kate and they can see her tomorrow once her blood count stabilizes. They hug and leave as Chelsea says she has an assignment due tomorrow.

Philip is still standing there as Stephanie comes by and offers to buy him a drink because he let her cry on his shoulder the other night and she wants to be there for him now. Stephanie says she will stick to soda after getting drunk the other night as Philip reminds her of his offer of a job for her. He schmoozes about needing a few good women like her at Titan and, saying she can probably learn a few things from him, she accepts the job as Philip welcomes her to Titan.

Max is working at the closed pub as Stephanie comes in to return his shirt. We see a flashback to her wearing it. Max doesn’t want the shirt, tells her not to make this harder than it is and says he hopes they can be friends. Stephanie wants that too…someday, and leaves.

Later, a tearful Chelsea wanders into the pub and Max is concerned about her. They hug as Chelsea cries. They talk about Kate. She tells Max she doesn’t even know why she’s there and changing the subject by asking about Max and Stephanie. He tells her of their break-up as she confesses that she was jealous when he started dating Stephanie. Chelsea knows that she wasn’t really good for Max or anyone and spills her tea on the infamous shirt. She says she will buy him a new one but he says it’s only an old rag.

Nicole has just taken a bath and wants to spend the evening with the remote and her snuggly pillow. EJ wants to go on the date they’ve talked about ad nauseum but she declines. He says they need to get to know each other and Nicole replies that they are way past that stage and should leave well enough alone. EJ says he doesn’t know much about Nicole and she thinks that’s a good thing because their plans always get screwed up. He reminds her that she mentioned moving out and seems to be ambivalent about their relationship. She wants to focus on what they can do for their child. EJ describes what their “date” would be like; they would talk about anything except themselves. He makes her a non-alcoholic drink promising he will abstain from drinking for the duration. She lets EJ feel the baby kick and he can barely feel it at first. EJ talks to the baby and promises her she won’t go back to jail. Nicole thinks she has ruined the evening; EJ moves closes just as Johnny starts crying.

Later, EJ and Nicole continue to discuss their child and he thinks he is fortunate to be there at the beginning with her. Nicole thinks she is fat and that she and the baby are bonding and he responds that it’s just like the two of them as he takes a call from a client. Later, he takes up where he left off and realizes that Nicole is almost asleep. They banter a little and he wants to take her upstairs and tuck her in but Nicole wants to stay where she is as he holds her.

As Sami tries to take the phone from Rafe, she begs him to not tell EJ or her family about the pregnancy. He pays no attention to her and Sami starts cramping. Rafe thinks she’s bluffing and continues to ask for Agent Perkins as Sami acts up even more. He finally starts to dial 911 but Sami insists she doesn’t need an ambulance, that she’s sad to be there and that she has had to experience the baby’s first kick “completely and totally alone.” Rafe is suspicious that Sami’s cramps happened while he was on the phone as she takes his hand and puts in on her belly to feel the baby kick. He doubts he felt the baby kicking. She jokes about his freaking out when he heard about the baby but he says he only wanted to protect the child. Sami replies that she’s protecting the child too and that’s why she is there stuck with someone like him.

Sami tells Rafe that she would rather be on death row again than to be without her children. He thinks she’s telling tales again and says he bet the DiMeras caused it. Sami claims that Stefano is the one who should be on death row; her child is living under his roof and Nicole, who tried to kill her own husband, is there too. She talks about some of the things Stefano has done to her family and her and bemoans the fact that she has had to abandon two of her children in order to protect the one she is carrying. Rafe wonders if she has a plan and tells her that EJ is bound to find out sooner or later. He picks up his phone again and asks Sami if she will tell EJ or should he tell him.

Sami yanks the phone from Rafe yelling that EJ is not going to find out about the baby. He believes she really wants EJ to know but Sami angrily denies it. She tells Rafe that if he tells EJ, he will be putting her child in the hands of the DiMeras. He promises her he won’t compromise her safety but he wants to get back to his other life. Sami continues to beg him by telling him her life is in his hands, she knows he wants to protect her and her child and that must include protecting them from the DiMeras too. Sami thanks him when he says he will think it over.

An exhausted Sami decides to go to bed and thanks him again for not calling EJ. As soon as she leaves the room to change, he picks up his phone again. After Sami falls asleep, he calls her name to make sure she is sleeping and getting no answer, dials his phone.

Marlena is grabbed outside at night and realizes it’s John. He didn’t realize she was so nervous when she said she could have used her mace on him. John comments that he didn’t know she was back and she says she came in on the red-eye. He asks about “Erin” and she corrects him by saying it was “Eric” she went to see. John wonders if she was planning to let him know she was back in Salem and she starts hem-hawing around. He tells her he got the divorce papers and asks if that’s what she really wants. She replies that it’s not what she wants but what has to be. When John asks what she means, she tells him it means their marriage is over. John starts to leave but Marlena stops him by saying that just because the marriage is over, they don’t have to avoid each other.

Marlena asks if he has had any more episodes and when he doesn’t reply, wonders if he has been to see the doctor again. He says that no one can help him and Marlena reminds him that he said the same thing to her twenty years ago when she first met him and when he was Stefano’s pawn and he pushed everyone away except her. Marlena implores him to let her help him again as a doctor and as his friend. John insists he will do well on his own and Marlena believes it’s because he doesn’t want her to get hurt. John collapses.

When he comes to, Marlena asks what he was thinking about just before he collapsed. He says he doesn’t remember and again insists he is Okay and wants to walk her home. He thinks she seems a little different and she talks about not wanting to go home to an empty house. She mentions that Brady is in Austria (no mention of Belle) and then tells him that Sami is in the Witness Protection Program. John has an idea.

Previews:
John tells Marlena he has hired private investigators to track down the man who killed the mayor and shot at Sami.

Kayla tells Nick that Stephanie says Nick seems different since meeting Melanie.

Melanie tells Maggie that Nick didn’t mention anyone named Willow to her and when she asks Maggie what happened, Maggie tells her that Willow died.

Personal comments on today's show.

Rafe has no business telling EJ about Sami’s baby or anything else. He should tell Roman and let him take it from there. So what if he wants to get on with his life? Big Woo! Isn’t it his job to protect Sami now, no matter how much he dislikes it?

I am so tired of hearing EJ and Nicole talk about that mythical date. Enough already! The last of their scenes together was very nice though. They seemed happy and contented.

Marlena talks about meeting John twenty years ago. Say what??? They knew each other for several years before Belle was born and she’s pushing thirty if not already there. I know; I know. We have to set our clocks to SWT (Salem Warped Time).

It's looking a little like Chelsea and Max may get close again. I hope not. I also think Philip is attracted to Stephanie, when he's not daydreaming about crabbing Melanie.

It really wasn’t a bad episode. Of course, any time Stefano is not on-screen is better for me. I’m not a fan of his.

Thanks Kathylu. It sounds like a good show. I'll have to try to stay awake long enough to watch it on soapnet tonight.

I'm also getting tired of the EJ and Nicole show. If they can feel the baby kicking then its WAY past time for a first date.

And why is it any of Rafe's business if Sami's pregnant? He's there to protect her, not tattle to her daddy.

Marlena talks about meeting John twenty years ago. Say what??? They knew each other for several years before Belle was born and she’s pushing thirty if not already there. I know; I know. We have to set our clocks to SWT (Salem Warped Time)....

That's too funny. And too true. :rotfl:

Thanks KathyLu. Really enjoyed your comments on the show. I thoght you would enjoy it because no Stefano. I found the show very good yesterday. Loved John and Marlena.

Anyone else think it's odd that Sami is just now feeling the baby kick, when she is 3 months or so further along than Nicole, and Nicole has been feeling the baby kick for weeks?? :rolleyes:

Anyone else think it's odd that Sami is just now feeling the baby kick, when she is 3 months or so further along than Nicole, and Nicole has been feeling the baby kick for weeks?? :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing!! :confused:

Me, too. First thought in my mind.....Please do not try and convince us that Nicole was feeling her baby kick before Sami. What a crock.

That said.....the camera goes back and forth between Sami/Rafe/baby kick to Nicole/EJ/Baby kick. No idea if that was supposed to try and make us believe they are both pregnant the same number of months along or what. Sami saying she was feeling her baby kick for the first time all alone? Give me a break!

could be she was just pulling another poor me.. for Rafe..:)

hmm..wonder who he's gonna call...?

I think SWT (Salem Warped Time) has struck again and Nicole and Sami are both at the same stage of pregnancy. Sure doesn't say much for EJ, does it? :rotfl:

I think SWT (Salem Warped Time) has struck again and Nicole and Sami are both at the same stage of pregnancy. Sure doesn't say much for EJ, does it? :rotfl:

Maybe some of EJ's swimmers are slower than others!:rotfl:

Hi ladies...I've been reading this for almost a year, but this is my first post. I enjoy your write-ups and comments! :)

After seeing "make-up" pregnant Nicole with her cute little bump, it's neat to see "for real" pregnant Sami, with her ballooning girls, burgeoning waste line and broadening behind! Being 4 1/2 months along myself, I wish Hollywood would do more to make pregnant characters look more realistic. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder! :wink:

Ok, I'm officially screaming and I may never stop....AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH...!!!!!!!!
Nicole and EJ are STILL talking....!!!!!!!!!

***putting a really big sock in PAllison's mouth so we can all get some rest tonight***

Back