Days of Our Lives - Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Kris10

Reaction score
Steve and Kayla are eating at the pub, Roman brought them something for Maggie that will make her day. Roman tells them about Gabi's arrest. Kayla looks it up on her iPad and finds that she's arrested for murder 1.

Eric and Brady at Marlena's. They planned some anniversary gift but Eric asks where they are? John brought strawberry cream body butter to Marlena. He also brought edible massage lotion.

Maggie is staring at the Victor painting when Sarah comes in. They hug. Sarah knows it's a tough day, her first anniversary without Victor. Konstantin is listening outside.

Theresa brought Alex a pastry. He got a call from HR who shared interesting info with him. She asks what that has to do with her? Alex says before transferring Victor's stock shares, they did a forensic analysis of the authenticity of the letter that was sent from his mother. Turns out, he's not Victor's son after all. Theresa asks "What?" and says there must be some mistake. Alex says there's no mistake, the letter was altered and he knows exactly who did it.

Her father was stupid enough to trust her with the briefcase the ISA found, but when he left, she snuck a peek, didn't she? When she saw something she didn't like, she forged his mother's signature. She wanted to get her grubby paws on the Kiriakis fortune, but she won't ever get near that fortune. She says let me explain. He says she's a liar, a cheat and she used him. She says it's more complicated. He tells her to get out now. And then she pops up from the couch, awake from her nightmare. Alex asks what she's doing on the couch? He tells her good morning. He offers to make them breakfast but she's going to go to Sweet Bits. He asks if she's okay? She says she had weird dreams.

John hopes she's not disappointed, he can go find another store. She tells him not to, she just feels lucky they are celebrating together. He didn't know if they'd get a chance to do it again. But here they are.

It would have been 13 years, Maggie says. Sarah didn't realize. Maggie asks if Sarah is sure that she doesn't want Maggie to go to court with her today? Sarah is sure. Sarah doesn't want to disappoint Maggie but she doesn't think she and Xander will work anything out. Maggie tells her to be prepared, because she could lose her daughter forever. Maggie apologizes for sounding so harsh. Sarah knows that Maggie wished Sarah could work things out with Xander in a civilized way.

There's only one option and Konstantin even agrees. Maggie says you discussed this with him? Sarah says yeah, he knows Xander. Sarah says this is the right thing to do. Kayla and Steve arrive, Kayla tells Sarah the paperwork will be in her email today. Maggie says you are going back to work so soon? Sarah says yes. She has to show the judge she can be there for her daughter. The baby's crying via monitor interrupts and Sarah leaves the room. Maggie and Kayla talk about things with Sarah. Everyone knows it's their anniversary.

Marlena is reading the instructions on the massage oil, John says he thinks they can figure it out on their own.

Brady says Dad and Marlena are in their room. Eric tells Brady he shouldn't be the only one waiting to give their gift. Sloan's sleeping. Brady asks when they'll take a honeymoon? Brady asks if Nicole and EJ's marriage made him speed up his and Sloan's?

Kayla brought Maggie scones. Apparently she and Victor ordered them often. They discuss the Victor painting. Steve says it's big and an excellent rendering. Maggie tells them it was a gift from Konstantin.

Theresa runs into Konstantin, she thought he was leaving town, he says Maggie asked him to stay longer. He's in town to pick up a gift for Maggie. Theresa asks how things are going with her and Alex? She tells him not to worry, he'll get his cut, and Alex and Xander will never be the wiser. As he leaves, Xander arrives with a "Hello Theresa."

Marlena and John come out to find Eric and Brady. They have a gift for them. Marlena says they didn't have to do that. Congratulations all around.

Maggie talks to Kayla and Steve about all that Konstantin has done. And then of course Konstantin walks in with a gift. She introduces them to each other. Konstantin says you worked for Victor once upon a time. And he tells Kayla she looks so much like her mother. He never met her, but had seen pictures.

Xander wants to know why she was talking to Konstantin? Theresa makes up something about him asking directions to some restaurant. She tells him she doesn't have time for this, Alex's breakfast is getting cold. Xander says we can't have that can we? Theresa calls him jealous. As she leaves, Sarah walks up pushing a stroller.

Belle wanted to be there too, but she's dealing with the Gabi mess right now. Marlena says that's probably keeping her plenty busy. Brady says yes. He wishes she hadn't taken the case. They discuss Gabi and Stefan's attempt to use Brady to get Kristen's shares. Brady admits he should have listened to Marlena better.

Marlena is concerned about Arianna. She's excited about coming home, but what will happen if Gabi goes back to jail? They open their gift which is a family tree. Made of wood, the traditional anniversary gift. Everyone's in there, Carrie, Paul, Sami. Family is everything. John says we'll have to add Sloan. Brady says they mutually decided to leave significant others off the tree. Children, yes, their mothers no.

Theresa brings Alex the croissants, and he's just sitting there. So she asks if something is wrong? Alex says they need to talk. He got a call from the head of HR today. Theresa tries to act calm and ask what it has to do with her?

Xander says the baby is getting so big. He just bought her some clothes. Xander tells Sarah he knows she said she wanted to see him in court, but his offer still stands if she wants to talk it out over a cup of tea. Sarah asks if they can postpone the court hearing today? Xander asks if she's having second thoughts? She says no, it's just her mom and Victor's wedding anniversary and she doesn't want Maggie to worry. Xander asks how Maggie is doing? Sarah says his asking means a lot to her. Xander says the only thing he and Victor had in common was adoring Maggie. If Sarah needs to postpone the hearing on Maggie's account, he would never object.

Konstantin is going to leave, but Kayla say he doesn't have to. Maggie asks if he's bought another gift? It's lace, the traditional 13th wedding anniversary gift. He claims to have had someone send it from the house in Greece and just picked it up from the Post Office. Kayla asks if Justin can join them? But Maggie says he's not here right now. They'll all share the scones. Konstantin leaves with Maggie. Kayla and Steve have their doubts. Steve is going to call bull, he says. Kayla says she spent time with Bo in the villa and didn't see lace tablecloths. Steve says he's lying through his teeth.

Eric left offscreen. Marlena is surprised he came after his wedding. The conversation switches to how Brady is doing with Theresa back in town. He tells them about her moving on with Alex. They try to figure if she's with him for his money. Brady says she's got her hooks in pretty tight.

Alex discusses how she worked for Titan, in charge of Bella magazine. Alex wants to bring Bella back now that he's in charge. Since they don't have a publisher anymore, how would she like the job?

Kayla says you think Konstantin is a liar? Steve says this tablecloth isn't from Victor's villa in Greece, it's from Saxton's bargain basement, 70% off as he holds up a tag. Kayla asks why he would lie about something like that? Steve says if he's lying about the little things, what big things is he lying about? Kayla says Maggie would see through it in a heartbeat. Steve is concerned though.

Sarah says it means so much to her and thanks Xander. Xander says he's not eager to get into a big court battle with her and he'd rather they settle it out over a cup of tea. Sarah says it's time like these I feel like we almost could. But she feels every time she lets her guard down with him something happens, (as Eric comes walking up) Sarah says and I regret it. Eric says he just got served. A subpoena to testify against Sarah in the custody case. They both look at Xander.

Theresa is relieved. She asks if he's sure that is what he wants? They've never worked together before. Alex says he thinks right now is the perfect time for hre to take advantage of the opportunity. She asks why he wants her? She says he thinks Victor would be happy if he followed his lead and put her in charge now. Alex wants a shark alongside of him, also a lot of people at Titan are still on Maggie's side.

Sarah says "You're going to testify against me in court?" Eric says he doesn't have a choice, he'll have to tell the judge that she lied to him about the baby's paternity to establish a pattern of her deceit." Sarah asks Xander how could he? He says don't look at me, this was all Eric's girlfriend's idea, he should go wave that paper in her face. Eric says that's his wife, don't try to pawn this off on her, and Eric knows Xander told her to go for the jugular. Xander says he's paraphrasing. Eric says cut the crap Xander, this has you written all over it, but let me guess, you left out the part you played in Sarah's lie.

Eric will be sure to tell his wife all the details. This won't be the home run Xander thought it would be. Sarah tells Xander this is what I was talking about. You smile at me and say how much you love my mom, but when my back is turned, you drive a knife right in. Xander says that wasn't what he was doing. Sarah says no, you know what, Xander, you can come after me as much as you want but you better be prepared for what I'm going to dish out in court. She leaves.

Kayla and Steve are back at the pub. She had left her wallet behind. They make jokes at each other. They discuss what's going on at Maggie's. Roman asks if he wants to know? Kayla says no. She tells Steve not to spread rumors about Konstantin just yet. Steve wants to find out everything he can about him before talking to anyone.

Maggie says Steve and Kayla were charmed by Konstantin. She's glad he's there and doesn't know how to thank him. He made her day special. They hug.

Brady's going to go. Hugs. They thank him for the gift. John says he's not sure where they got wood from. He did some reading and it was candy (as an anniversary gift). And fruit is nature's candy, so surprise, strawberries and cream! Marlena did research too. She read this is their iron anniversary and she has golf clubs. Six irons for their sixth anniversary. Johns says Happy Anniversary. She says it back. They kiss, and there's a note on screen that says Happy 58th Anniversary Days of Our Lives.

I've been reading that Bo would be mentioned before long. Are we to believe he's out of the coma? Xander and Sarah can't win for losing.

Edited to add: Steve said he's going to call "bull" on Konstanin's story about the lace tablecloth; fixed it in the summary - JS

Apparently the writing staff can't remember the big ol' story they wrote just a bit ago where they denied the Bo and Hope fans a great story while promising us a great story.

Sarah just comes off as a child. She wants to believe Xander then a fly zips by and she blames Xander. It's old and annoying. But then again, the only couple they are writing for now are the dynamic duo of Harris and Ava.

Thanks kris for writing up this one. It's not your fault this was the best we could get for an anniversary show.

Actually, what Steve said was " I'm going to call BULL! " Which was his polite way of putting it ...he didn't believe anything about Konstantin.........

I just listened to it again........and turned on CC,

I really like the picture of Victor. It's like the picture of Stefano. They should always be there. Both actors are missed.

I could tell from the get go that Steve didn't trust Konstantin. And how stupid is he? Leaving the price tag in box.

Sarah and Xander is getting really old. I always liked them together. Every time they are talking good and maybe can come to understanding about Victoria, something happens to put them right back at hating each other. Getting really really old.

Knew the beginning was a dream though it did go on for quite awhile. Then do it almost exactly except for Alex knowing the truth part. I really like Emily O'Brien (new Theresa) but not as Theresa. I really like Jen Lilley (original Theresa).

I really liked John and Marlena 20-30 years ago but now they seem kind of creepy. Sorry, just my opinion. But only 6 years since their last wedding?

Also really like Victor's picture. I hope it stays hung up there, John Aniston deserves it.

I don't like the blond wig on Theresa, and I don't think the actress does, either. But then if they had to recast Theresa, they should have gotten an actress from outside the show. Or at least one who had not been on Days for a few years. Rather difficult for viewers to deal with an actor portraying one long time character at beginning of an episode, and at the end,. plopping on a wig, and portraying a completely different long time character.

There were bad omens for Salem’s grifters today. Gwennie T. seems headed for a job that she really can’t handle and the alwys observant Steve is zeroed in on that old faker Konstantin. He’s already discovered the treasured lace tablecloth is bogus. Next, he might just learn the resident fraud is not even Greek.

Elsewhere, Sarah and Eric were their usual sanctimonious selves, dumping all over Xander for Sloan’s hardball legal tactics. Next they’ll be blaming him for the pandas leaving the National Zoo and going back to China.

Thanks, Kris.

It's a new day in Salem.

John and Marlena were married in 2018 so it's a five year anniversary and wood is the proper gift.
Jennifer woke up in 2019 and she was in a coma a year. If it's John and Marlena 6th anniversary,
candy or iron is the proper gift.

It took me too long to figure out Theresa was having a dream about Alex finding out he wasn't
really Victor's son.

Drat, darn. Eric came up and ruined Sarah and Xander's moment.

I liked Xander's hair today.

Brady talked to Marlena and John about Theresa and how she knows how to sniff out money.

Roman mentioned Arianna coming home. Was she coming to visit Gabi? She probably won't now.

Thank goodness Kayla and Steve were at the K-mansion and met Konstantin. Steve found the tag
from the tablecloth and knows he lied about it. Now Black Patch is on the case.
:)

Here's a close up of the family tree.
Guess the babies who passed away don't count (DJ, Grace and Mackenzie).

family-tree-jpg.8812

Back