Days of Our Lives - Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Daysdegrassi

Reaction score
Rafe and the cop burst into Ava and Harris' room, their dinner is still in the room and they cut off their hospital bracelets. Rafe realizes they just escaped and missed dinner, is upset. Shawn-D shows up, Rafe wonders why he is there? Shawn says he heard he needs help for the manhunt. Rafe reminds him he's off-duty. Shawn-D wants an assignment because Rafe is desperate for help. Rafe says Shawn-D is going through a hard time, he needs something to distract himself from Victor's death. But Rafe doesn't think this is a good idea and points out that Shawn-D isn't sober.

Shawn tries denying it but Rafe can smell it on him, says he can't pass the straight line test. Shawn-D finally admits that he had a few at the funeral. Rafe points out that he promised he'd get his life together and Rafe can't control him. Think about his family. Rafe threatens to take his badge unless he goes away and orders a cop to drive Shawn-D home.

EJ is on the phone, worrying about what happened with the henchwoman. He needs to make sure she stays silent and keeps grumbling to himself. Tripp is worrying about his mother with Wendy, who is totally understanding about their night being ruined. Ava and Harris show up and explain everything that happened. The chatter continues and runs on about EJ.

Ava finally says that Susan is still alive, and EJ needs to know. She updates Tripp and Wendy on her visions of Susan and meetings with Marlena. They need Tripp and Wendy's help to go to London to find Susan so EJ stops hunting for her, but need a place to hide out in the meantime. Wendy says that Li lives here and is dating Trask, who is always around. Ava and Harris think this will take a while, until Wendy assures them it won't because she made fake IDs during her college days.

Harris says there's a huge difference, but Wendy can doctor an actual passport. She and Tripp can use their own. Wendy renames them after Notting Hill characters and Tripp takes their photos. Afterwards, Harris says these are the best fakes they have seen. Ava says they must hit the road. Tripp warns them about EJ. Ava suggests that Tripp say he saw them but couldn't stop them from leaving, Tripp says he will tell them he doesn't know where they are, which is basically true. He wishes everyone well, hugs all around.

Jada is questioning the henchwoman and brings up how she isn't on the payroll at the hospital and nobody that works there heard of her. The woman claims to have never seen Ava before, was hired to cover a shift by an agency outside. Jada doesn't buy it and reads the text message on her phone from EJ.

Jada starts playing the bad cop to get the lady to talk. She must say who hired her. EJ arrives and says for her not to answer the question, he is her attorney. Jada is obviously upset, says she never called anyone. EJ says this woman is a victim and he saw it on the evening news, goes on and on about Ava Vitali's crimes.

The woman says she doesn't know EJ but is in no position to be choosy, so accepts his offer. Jada tells the woman she's making a mistake because she can blow holes in her story. Her offer still stands if she confesses, in case EJ doesn't have her best interests at heart, then leaves. EJ asks the henchwoman what happened? Tells the woman about Harris being a Navy Seal and how he is coming for them. Outside, Jada is updating Rafe on what happened with EJ. He updates her as well. They realize that it'll be hard to find Harris and Ava.

Chanel wants to be with Johnny, he is the one for her. He is glad it is working out, they continue making out and he is happy. Chanel says she likes Talia, but is glad this is happening now before things get serious. She needs to let Talia down easily. Talia has flowers in the Square and runs into Belle. Belle asks who the flowers are for?

Talia says she got so lucky, they're for someone really special. Talia explains how she's so happy that Chanel gave her another chance. She has been getting them lately, is so grateful to Belle and Marlena for everything they did for her, and talks of her new employment, courtesy of Kayla. Belle is happy for her, thinks she should go surprise Chanel instead of waiting around, as Chanel never answered her phone. Talia gifts Belle with a rose for her husband, takes her leave. She arrives at Chanel's place with the roses.

Talia hopes she isn't interrupting. Chanel says Johnny was just leaving, he agrees and wishes them well upon his departure, Chanel loves the flowers. Talia was calling her to let her know how fun last night was, just had to see her and wants to watch a movie or bake something together. Chanel stops her. Talia wonders what's wrong? Chanel spills the beans.

Talia says it must've been hard to let Johnny down. Chanel tells her she didn't, fesses up to what happened as Talia begins crying and saying she doesn't deserve her and doesn't need a pep talk. Talia says this is her fault, bad timing, nothing goes right for her in her life and leaves. Talia is at the pub later with a drink, flashes back to the beginning of her and Chanel. She sadly downs her drink. Shawn-D notices her and asks if he can join her? At the DiMansion, Johnny is nervous when someone knocks on the door. He opens it to Chanel.

Belle is in the Square as Shawn-D yells at the cop to let him go. He can say Shawn-D pulled rank, Belle tells him she'll take it from here. Shawn-D tells Belle what happened, she can't believe that drunk Shawn-D wanted to work after the funeral. He isn't happy that she is another person who says he shouldn't be working. Belle tries to be understanding as Shawn-D rants about everything that's happened the past few months.

Belle suggests rehab if the therapy doesn't work. Shawn-D says he isn't an alcoholic and they begin to argue about Chloe and Philip, and Belle's affairs, including with EJ. Shawn-D decides to leave but Belle chases after him calling for him to stay and be somewhat reasonable. However, he was too fast for her. She looks at the rose and leaves a message for him to call her.

Wow, what a nothing burger day today was.

Who knew that passports could be so easily forged at home with a standard printer? You go, Wendy. But then there were sparks of Wendy before she drank the Salem water and became boring. Tripp also and a brief moment of being interesting. Very brief.

Ava and Harris can stay in London. Susan can find her way back to Salem. Just how did Susan get to London? I know I'm spending too much time overthinking the wonderful story that re-Ron is bringing to us.

I can't find myself enjoying abusive drunk guy stories, but boy is Shawn trying to make it work with very little given to him.

Thanks DaysD for the summary of today's nothing burger.

Anyone else irritated by the long drawn out wait before anyone answers a question, or tells whatever it is they want to say to the other person? Do folks do that in real life? Yes I know it is commercial break time.....but not every time. Took Chanel forever to tell Talia she wants to be with Johnny. Wonder how EJ was able to just walk into a patient's room? ......especially when the police are in there. Yeah, I know, hospital has no security, no protocol, nothing.

Wendy sure is one able forger, isn't she, .....no equipment, and yet she can override other names on passports, which everyone carries with them at all times. Makes it handy, doesn't it.? Guess Salemites never know when they will suddenly be leaving the good ol U.S.A. and landing in a foreign country. :)

Thank you, DaysD!

I totally agree with Poirot. All of these "important" things people have to tell each other, but it can take a week to get the words out.

So true about seeing Wendy in action like she was when we first met her (on Beyond Salem 2).

Susan will stick out in London and be remembered if Ava and Harris make it there. They will have to describe her if they don't have a photo. Needle/haystack?

What will happen to the hitwoman? She is in EJ's crosshairs now.

I liked the scenes with Jada, the hitwoman and EJ. Jada needs to be in the spotlight more.

I wonder why Chanel went to see Johnny? To tell him she told Talia about them?

Don't like Shawn's story line (again) but his portrayer, Brandon Beemer, is dong a great job. Next Shawn will accuse Belle of having a paramour due to the rose she is holding.

True, but I wouldn't think she'd need much money where she was and that her bank account would be locked or whatever because she is a person on the run. Supposedly she has no access to the Vitali money. Kinda thought she was going to ask Tripp for some.

Dang I wish I had one of those money trees.

Yeah Wendy is a really good forger. And money is never an issue for anyone.

They sure like to ruin characters. Now ruining Shawn. It appears the rose will be a starring player soon.

End this Susan garbage! She is not a beloved character. She is annoying and not knowing where she is is even more annoying.

I don't see Talia taking rejection well. And I hope Chanel isn't going to be wishy washy. I like her and Johnny. Though he said he was never like that with anyone else and she's agreeing. Umm, what about Allie who you picked over Johnny? But I'm glad they are together! Let's have some happy.

I'm glad Chanel and Johnny are back together! I really like their pairing.

I'm not a fan of Tripp and Wendy. They just seem so, out of place. For their age, for their awkwardness, it's just not working for me. But I don't want them with other people so I'm just hoping they work out and I start to like their pairing. It would help if Wendy would stop acting like a 14 year old. It also probably doesn't help that my kids used to swoon over Tripp when the actor formerly played a heart throb on one of their Disney shows. Hahaha. They get SO mad he's with Wendy and not whoever it was his character was supposed to be with on their show.

I LOVED Jada interrogating the henchwoman. Those scenes were great and I want more of them. I like Jada, she may be my new favorite character. Maybe.

In my opinion, Talia comes across way too young to be a doctor. Also, do you just one day, decide to live a different lifestyle? I should think it's something you have been dealing with for a long time.

I hope someone gets through to Shawn before he is a total mess.

I can do without Susan, too. I think she gets goofier every time she comes back.

I also found the episode to be lackluster. But there were some memorable moments. Jada really shines as a cop, and her interrogation scenes today were on point. I loved that. Tripp and Wendy were less dull than usual, but the whole fake passport thing is so "da plot" it's laughable. And then former Navy Seal Harris saying this was the best he's seen? Really? Lord.

The entire Susan-Ava-Harris storyline is absurd to me anyways, so it's just a shame that EJ is being wasted on it.

I’m happy that Chanel chose Johnny, but I'll admit feeling a bit sad for Talia just because of the awful timing. Regarding what gramcracker said, it's definitely not something that is chosen, so I don't get why the writers even thought of having her experiment with women if this was going to go nowhere.

I think it was a move to be "trendy" and have more "representation" in the show, although Days already has a lot of diverse representation (especially in regard to the LGBT community) and another character or better storyline would've been a better use of our time.

Also I got a bad feeling at the end that they're going to do with her and Shawn-D what was kind of done 11 years ago with Austin and Abby. I certainly hope not, but a lot was made today of Belle's constant cheating on Shawn-D in the past. I will say that the actors are knocking it out of the park, but the storyline is bad anyway.

Thanks, DaysD.

I laughed when Rafe saw the hospital bracelets and said they cut them off. Of course they did. duh.

Rafe mentioned today and yesterday the pizza owner saw Harris. I went back a couple of times yesterday
and didn't see a pizza box. Today it appeared on the table.

Does everyone have to say Harris is an ex Navy seal? It's annoying.

Harris did well getting his picture made. He didn't smile :)

How many people keep their passports in their purses when they aren't traveling? Wendy just pulled
it out so they can use it.

Did Shawn see the rose in Belle's hand? He didn't say anything.

Will the hitwoman go to jail or will she escape?

Will Shawn wake up with Talia? Hopefully, Rafe and Jada will sleep somewhere else and not see them.

So now Wendy thinks she can forge passports. She’s been watching too many WWII POW escape movies in which the crafty prisoners can conjure up any German document they need.

EJ was never much of an attorney, but he hit a new low by rushing to the hospital to represent his hired killer. If the Salem Bar Association hears of this, Elvis will be disbarred in the blink of an eye.

Pity poor Shawn for not realizing that Rafe does not want his cops on duty smelling like the Jack Daniels distillery.

Finally kudos to the uniformed cop who joined Rafe today. These guys are rarely seen doing anything but wandering around police headquarters, so it was good to see one being part of the action.

Today’s US passports require printing everything, including the photo, on special paper bonded to the cover and bound into the booklet, and there’s a thin, glossed hologram treatment over the personal info page. You can’t just paste in the info or print over the old. They’re also embedded with chips encoded with the info that’s now not going to match what’s printed.

But I could overlook that if they just staged the scene so it wasn’t so instant and magic. That was super silly. There’s no printer, computer tech, or physical tools in the room. Yet they’re all standing in the bedroom with Tripp and Wendy holding their passports in one scene. In the next, everyone is standing in the exact same position, but Ava and Harris have the magically altered passports in their hands. Assuming Wendy is that good with tech, where are her tools? Did she conjure them rooted to that spot on the floor? At least have her and Tripp come back into the room to show the passage of time and suggest actual work was done. Say that Wendy needs a couple of hours. Have Tripp go get the escapees food since they had to leave their pizza.

It’s small things like this where the show has gotten even lazier in the last year or so. At least try to sell these stupid plots! It’s not like they can’t include an extra 20 seconds because of commercials.

Just how did Susan get to London? I know I'm spending too much time overthinking the wonderful story that re-Ron is bringing to us.
I'm guessing the "London" that re-Ron uses like an off-screen character is actually a city of about 40 people 8 miles southwest of Salem and not the 10-million+ city across an ocean!

Back