Days of Our Lives - Wednesday, September 24, 2008

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
Hope and the mayor are discussing her surprise at being appointed Police Commissioner. Roman and Bo are very proud of Hope and Bo says she deserves it. Hope says they’re giving her too much credit as Bo talks about how dedicated she is to the city and to her work. They both urge Hope not to turn down the position because the mayor will appoint a lackey.

Stefano tells Rolf that John is drunk with power and that he is a fool. Rolf says that John’s brain is like a time bomb but Stefano says that death is too easy for John. Outside the pub, a nauseated Nicole runs into Trent. Nicole says he owes her $10 million, because Victor found out about their marriage. Inside the pub, Anna tells John that Marlena is about to divorce him. Kayla and Marlena discuss Joe and his sleeping habits and Kayla urges Marlena to tell her what she’s upset about. Marlena says John is spiraling out of control, and she can’t do anything to help him. John tells Anna he has known for some time that Blondie wants a divorce. As Anna yaks, John’s eyesight blurs and he passes out.

Marlena tells Kayla how she worries about John and thinks about him every hour of every day. She tells Kayla about John’s striking Trent and that the more she tries to help John, the more defiant he becomes.

Daniel is yelling and cursing at a nurse as Kayla looks on. She speaks to him and he is short with her also. As she tells him to slow down, Daniel complains that the nurses aren’t doing their jobs, and Kayla tells him to stop yelling at them

Nicole and Trent are still arguing, as she walks off to puke. John comes to and tells Anna he is fine and that he will urge Marlena to reconsider her decision to divorce him. Anna says they belong together because they make each other better, and they’re strong together, that Marlena brings out the best in him. John passes out completely and falls to the floor as Anna screams.

Off-camera John was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. Trent says he looked pale and maybe he finally short-circuited. At the hospital, Daniel tells Chelsea how glad he is to see her. Chelsea says she came to see her grandmother.

Hope tells Bo and Roman that she’s not sure what she wants. Bo again tells her that she is perfect for the job as he points out her many attributes. He also promises to spend more time at home with Ciara since Hope will be working longer hours.

Kayla talks to John in the emergency room, and he is not being very cooperative. She urges John to calm down and warns him that he may have another seizure or even a stroke. Anna leaves a message for Marlena to come to the trauma center.

Daniel tells Chelsea that John is conscious, and that Kayla is with him. Chelsea asked him why he told her about John but not about her grandmother. She asks Daniel again, why he didn’t tell her that he crabbed her granny. She accuses Daniel of never caring for her and goes to check on Kate. Daniel urges her to wait.

At the police station, the conversation is getting redundant as Bo is still trying to talk Hope into accepting the job. Hope is still not sure she wants to do it and Bo asks, “Even if it means stopping DiMera?” Hope gets a thoughtful look on her face.

Stefano tells Rolf that his half-brother is merely a pawn and is not a big part of Stefano’s plan which is to destroy Marlena once and for all. Marlena rushes into the emergency room and Anna explains what happened at the pub. Kayla has run a brain scan on John and is very surprised at what she sees on the x-ray.

Hope tells Bo her concern about having to spend too much time at her job if she accepts the new position. She says the job she has now is hard enough, because she spends too much time away from Ciara. hope ask Bo if he would be okay with her being his boss. A smiling bow hugs her and says the thought kind of turns him on as they kiss.

John tells Marlena he is fine, but a little tired. He says he is glad Marlena is there and maybe it’s a sign she doesn’t despise him after all. Marlena says she does not despise John, but has to go check on a patient and will be back later. Kayla is still puzzled about John’s x-rays and wonders how “it” is possible.

Nicole assures Trent that she is not afraid of him as he propositions her and offers her five bucks to go back to his room with him to see if Misty Circle is still worth it. An angry Max walks up behind them as the scene closes.

Daniel tells Chelsea he is sorrier than she will ever know. He urges her not to blame Kate; that it was all his fault. Chelsea wonders if Daniel feels sorry for Kate because she’s sick. He says Kate never meant to hurt Chelsea. She says she will see him around and walks off.

Hope talks about Zack, and how much she misses Ciara when she’s at work. She asks Bo if he realizes that she can’t take the job just to go after Stefano and they cannot be vigilantes.

Kayla tells Marlena that the midsection of John’s brain seems to be completely clouded over, and they both agree they have never seen anything like it. She tells Marlena she will be running more tests and Marlena leaves.

Max threatens to call the police if Trent doesn’t leave and urges him to leave Salem. He warns Trent to leave the Melanie alone or he will make good on his threat.

John asks Kayla if he is dying as Marlena storms in on Stefano. When he wants to know why she’s there she tells him to cut the crap. Marlena asks Stefano where the disc is as she calls him a psychopathic "you-know-what." Stefano claims to know nothing about the disk and says Marlena is hallucinating. She tells him about John’s seizure, and that he needs Stefano’s help. She reminds Stefano that John is his brother and that if his memory is not restored she is afraid he will die.

Daniel apologizes to the nurse that he yelled at earlier, as she brings him Kate’s test results. He looks at the tests and leaves a message for Kate to come to the hospital today to discuss the results. Chelsea, who was eavesdropping, walks away.

Hope turns down the job as she says she prays she did the right thing. Max is still angry, as Trent continues to talk him. Nicole rushes off to barf again. Trent says Max will never be a Brady and that he’s just like his old man. Marlena begs for Stefano’s help with John. Stefano tells her to save her breath - that John’s fate was sealed years ago, and there’s nothing he can do about it. Kayla tells John that something is going on with him, and they need to figure out what it is. She wants to run more tests and John tells her that is not an option. Kayla tells Anna that John could be heading for disaster. Rolf talks about reprogramming John just as he gets ready to self-destruct and Stefano says they don’t need him for a pawn anymore. Stefano says he’s going to retire John and find someone new to play with as Marlena looks more thoroughly at the x-rays and says she will find a way to save John.

Previews:
Philip and Lucas are dining together when Chloe walks by and says, “Hello boys.”
Nick tells Chelsea he knows she has issues, but he cannot help her.
Max and Melanie have words.

I know this will sound silly, but I loved how Max came out and stuck up for Nicole. Telling sleazy Trent to get his hands off her. It's nice to see someone besides EJ being polite to her.

Sounds like a good show, thanks KathyLu! This is one I'll definitely have to watch.

I didn't like Nicole when she was on the show in the past but she is growing on me. I kind of feel for her and can understand how she got to be the golddigger she was. I like her with EJ. I can't wait to see Max stand up to Trent.

I wonder who will get the job now that Hope turned it down.

Poor John. If anyone can save him it's Marlena.

Thanks so much for the post! I so appreciate it! You do a wonderfull job!

oooh, good going, Kathy Lu. So.........Rolf & Stefano figure that John will die and don;t care. Wonder who Stefano thinks he can play mind games on now???

And Trent is really and truly a slime ball. Ugh. $5 for a scrump with Misty Circle, huh?

Stefano is tired of playing with John and is determined to ruin the "thing he loves most:" Marlena. Haven't we seen this storyline before?

'preciate your writeup, KathyLu! I got to read it before I watched. I hope Nicole isn't throwing up in the bushes around the pub. If I were feeling as sick as she's been lately, I'd be at home. But then that wouldn't make for much of a story. :)

ROFLMBO!! Kathylu and Poirot, don't know where you guys got the phrases - but every time I hear "crabbed her granny" and now "scrump" I will crack up! Y'all are too funny!

Back