Days of our Lives - Wednesday, September 27, 2023

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You would be better off watching Google go through all of it's different iterations and still understand today's show of verbal recapping the last 30 odd years.

39 minutes of show today.

Tripp arrives home, he is very tired. Wendy is deep into looking for a new job. Tripp forgot that EJ fired her so they recapped Wendy involvement and Tripp put Rafe and Jada on their trail.

So now Rafe and Jada recap outside a hotel hallway. They burst into a room, shocked soap stare

Philip wants to come into Chloe’s apartment. Chloe tells Philip that Xander crashed the wedding.

Xander wants to take his daughter. Sarah strangely enough doesn’t want that to happen. They bring up how Sarah lied to Eric about Mackenzie. Sarah says this time is different, she did it to keep a child from being raised by a killer.

The London room is empty. Ava and Harris left their passports in a desk drawer. The room has been made up.

Harris and Ava, the cheery couple in question, are having tea at a late-night tea bar, with scones. They discuss how brilliant her visions are. They recap stuff since the car crash. Ava wants another sign.

Chloe and Philip chat, Philip is there because he thought Chloe might be upset. Philip recaps his conversation with Rex that happened yesterday. Chloe is told that Sarah and Rex are married. Nancy has already purchased a dress; final sale, can’t return.

Xander and Sarah discuss Susan. Sarah recaps the car crash for those who forgot. Sarah gives Xander facts, Xander has caused Sarah pain. Sarah can’t be around anyone who causes her that much toxic pain. So she did what she needed to do to keep her daughter safe. Xander is upset that Sarah Horton played God once again. Xander asks how does it feel to be so perfect?

Tripp and Wendy talk about Ava and Harris. Wendy wants to know just how Rafe got him to talk? Tripp tells Wendy how Rafe got the info.

Ava and Harris are still talking and eating scones and talking about why Susan has stopped talking to Ava. OH NO, the crumbs on the scone plate made an E.

Sarah admits to playing God. Sarah and Xander continue to recap their entire relationship. Judgmental Sarah lays into Xander. Xander explains his side of this story. (Why isn’t Xander Victor’s son? After this scene it’s even sadder they went with the “Come on down boy”.)

Chloe and Philip talk about Xander and the idea co-parenting. Chloe starts doubting herself. Chloe admits she overheard enough of his conversation with Rex to know that Philip is still in love with her.

Wendy is shocked to find out that Tripp chose to save her over his mother.

Rafe and Jada will camp out in a hotel room waiting for Ava and Harris

Harris is spooked by the crumb sign. Ava asks what does it mean? Harris goes on and on about friends and stuff.

Rafe and Jada in the hotel room chatting. They pulled CCTV footage to track Harris and Ava to the hotel. Why here, a mob princess and a Navy Seal would know about extradition. They must be running to something.

Tripp tells Wendy he loves her, Wendy is taken aback. Wendy doesn’t say it back right away, they discuss Allie first before Wendy says "Tripp, I love you."

Philip and Chloe discuss relationships.

Sarah and Xander discuss who would be a better father to baby Victoria. Rex seems to be a serial adulterer. Rex slept with your sister. Sarah is digging deep to toss every bad thing Xander has done. Xander tells her that she can list everything down to his unpaid parking tickets, but he’d never harm his own child. Rex has chosen to insert himself into this conversation. Xander tells Rex to go back inside. Xander calls Rex a wanker.

Chloe and Philip continue to chat about their long-lost love affair. Philip's eyes are all over the place

Tripp’s hands and lips are all over the place, he wants to go to the bedroom, but Rafe calls. He lies to Tripp about the call. Rafe tells Tripp they’ve been arrested. Tripp tells Rafe about Susan being alive.

Harris now has a cell phone; he is going to search the internet for clues. Searching for Susan and the letter “E”, that should be a narrow search without many results. Right?

More discussion of old love, Chloe and Philip. Philip leaves but tells Chloe that he will always be there for her.

Rex is a horse's patootie. Xander will fight for his daughter.

Tripp and Wendy discuss what a dumb butt Tripp is.

Rafe and Jada discuss the brilliant police work done after the car explosion. No remains. Rafe says it is Salem. Dead people not being dead happens all the time.

Ava wants Harris to add crumbs to the search. Susan Banks and Crumbs turns up something. A wedding announcement. Edmund P. Crumb and Susan’s announcement

I'm a bit sad, I loved Chloe and Xander together. Speaking of Xander, I LOVED his line to Sarah "Must be so nice to be so perfect." Sarah is one of those people that thinks it's ok to do to others what she would be absolutely appalled if anyone did to her. Serves her right.

Ava and Harris are weird. Rafe and Jada's lines were weird today, as if they were reading the descriptions of what they are doing, not actual lines. It was just weird. I'd really like this storyline to wrap up so we can all move on.

I really don't like Tripp and Wendy together.

Did they really just leave their passports in the room? Good lord, find Susan already. This is getting really old.

"Is everything alright out here?" well duh, Rex! No, it is not. You've been lying to Xander about his daughter. I liked Sarah and Xander together but she really is an awful person. Can't have a baby without lying about the father.

Oh great, there is going to be a custody battle thanks to Rex’s big mouth?

Was Chloe ever married to a man who has children?

Last edited:
I thought it was funny when Rex said “What judge would give custody to you?”

Hi, I’d like to introduce you to the judge who gave Kristen custody of Rachel.
Hey wanker Rexy, what judge wouldn’t give Xander generous visitation rights especially when the mother is as awful as Sarah? If these self-righteous twits push the X-Man too far on access to Victoria, they might not like a judge’s decision.

What were Rafe and Jada doing packing guns in London? Most British police officers don’t carry them and the authorities would take a dim view of two Salem cops acting as if they were on their home turf.

Judgmental Sarah was at it again today, listing poor Xander’s many past sins. This brought to mind how she went off on Victor’s past when she first arrived at the K-mansion. Somebody should tell her that calling out people for their past offenses is poor form in a town where half the population arguably belongs in jail.

Despite the asinine setups and conversations, felt the show today better than the last 2 days. Philip's eyes darting back and forth all over, made me wonder if perhaps he was needing to read cue cards? (which Days really doesn't do any more).

When did Kyle Lowder (Rex) get his morning news job? Because he seems bored, distracted, more or less reciting his dialogue, rather than delivering it in character?? Oh, yes, he began in July. Guess he decided his acting job was just too boring and so sought out something else.

The absence of Nicole, Eric. Steve. Kayla, John, Marlena is very noticeable. Maybe they all will get a scene or two like the recent Bonnie/Justin scene or two.

Gotta say it made me laugh when Harris noticed the crumbs on the plate formed an E. I could not make it out, but o.k. Then he seriously is searching the internet for Susan Banks and an E??? Give me a break. Ah, but those oh so clever writers loved they could joke around with scone crumbs and eventually come up with Edmund Crumb. Yes, another eye roller message from Susan.......really far fetched, but what the heck.

Thanks, robin.

The story with Ava and Harris is so stupid I kept laughing. Harris an ex Navy seal (sorry) and he thinks Ava getting
visions from Susan is something that happens all the time. Then he mentioned Susan beating satan. Then he saw
the letter E in the crumbs of the scone. Why not something in the cup of tea? But before that, Ava looked up in
sky telling Susan she needs a sign with others watching.

Ok, what happened with Chloe? She was involved with Brady before Xander, but she tells Philip she never stopped
loving him since they were 16. And her heart is now healed since he's alive again.

Interesting to see angry Xander with Sarah. As they kept talking he seemed so concerned. But when Rex came out,
angry Xander returned.

Hopefully, Susan is found alive before Xander has to take Sarah to court to prove he's Victoria's father and not Rex.

Does anyone care Tripp and Wendy love each other?

So, Rafe and Jada have guns in England. Would real US cops have guns in England?

Rafe tricked goofy Tripp and found out Ava and Harris are looking for Susan. Jada can't believe it. Rafe, it's Salem, it
happens all the time with dead coming back.

Then Rafe and Jada talked about no body found, but assumed the body burned in the fire. I thought about the TV show "Bones"
where they can find small parts of bodies in fires and they can find out who it was.

Line of the day goes to Chloe to Philip "You're not mentally ill. You're not that same person anymore" That's a
fact. Back then, Philip looked different.

And...so Philip has always been in Chloe's heart, huh? Despite the proclamations of love to all the other guys over the years. Guess they both never got really over their "first love".

Don't you wonder if John's "dad" (Dick Van Dyke) is still staying with John & Marlena? Or will he just never be mentioned again? Also wonder why no one ever retires on Days. Yes, many folks tend to their business way past retirement age, but those who work elsewhere in Salem? Aren't some Salemites great grandparents? Guess they all married at 16, had all their kids before age 20, their families followed same pattern, and thus we can have great grands who aren't even 60 yet. ah, Salem is a wonderful place, complete with money tree as well. Excellent climate resulting in super health for all. Lucky folks.

Oh, the convenient undoing of months of relationship building. That teaches me to get attached to any couple and believe the writers will feel any attachment to what they wrote yesterday. Literally, yesterday. Suddenly, Chloe doesn't care about Xander.

The only thing I liked was Xander telling Sarah off. I would like him to stick to it, but we all know where this is going.

Back