Days producers sue Sony

Ohhh, wow! That is amazing! Good for Days, finally! I know of international viewers by the boatload who have been complaining they no longer can get Days, that it was dropped, etc. etc. Some were keeping up via You Tube, but then You Tube was forced to take down the episodes wherever they were. So, Days is taking on the giant all powerful Sony! More power to them!

WOW! Sony cut the chance for a revenue stream then cut Days' budget for years. It is looking more and more like they were trying to force it to fold.

I'm sure someone other than Corday even cared about the changes. Otherwise he would've noticed a long time ago.

I read the article and what it seems to come down to is that Corday & Co. are accusing Sony of not using "best efforts" or "reasonable efforts" in their representation of Days. This is a basic concept of contract law. The case that's used to teach first-year law students this concept is Wood v. Lady Duff Gordon. In this New York case, the famous judge, Benjamin Cardozo, ruled for Wood, holding that Lady Duff Gordon, a fashion designer and Titanic survivor, had an obligation to make a reasonable effort to fulfill her contract with Wood, an advertising agent who had contracted with Duff Gordon to account for money earned from a line of her clothing. Instead of promoting her clothes, Duff Gordon signed a deal with Sears Roebuck to endorse their clothing line, meaning Wood would get nothing. As for Corday's lawyer, Pierce O'Donnell, he's an experienced Hollywood litigator with a law degree from Georgetown Law School and a Master of Laws degree from Yale Law School.

Last edited:
Actually, Perhaps that is the intention. Days wants PERHAPS to negotiate with Sony, get loose from them so they can make a deal with another distributor, one that work to promote Days.
The show was very popular in Europe.....foreign countries....but it does seem odd that so many areas dropped the show, while keeping Y&R, Sony's own show.

Thanks for the article, katmouse. What it says about Sony's answer to Corday's complaint is par for the course in lawsuits. An answer always attempts to debunk the claims in a plaintiff's complaint. Without knowing all the details, I suspect that this is all part of legal maneuverings on the way to an eventual settlement.

Thanks for the article, katmouse. What it says about Sony's answer to Corday's complaint is par for the course in lawsuits. An answer always attempts to debunk the claims in a plaintiff's complaint. Without knowing all the details, I suspect that this is all part of legal maneuverings on the way to an eventual settlement.

My thought as well. They are likely responding like this in the hopes of leading to a lesser settlement. I'm not a lawyer but I work on a lot of multi-million dollar contracts regularly.

Back