Days renewed through Season 60

I'm kind of surprised. I thought for sure moving to Peacock would sink them for good. Well, congrats to Days.

Will be interesting to see how CBS and ABC proceed with renewals for Y&R, B&B and GH seeing that apparently Days moving to Peacock has been successful for NBC.

Days has lost viewers, tho many remain fans, more due to inability to stream Peacock, or paying for the extra service plus devices, since so many already pay for cable, satellite and for other services. Also, Peacock is owned by NBC.

Doubt NBC would cancel the show, thus admitting their moving it over to Peacock did not work out the way they hoped.

Definitely glad for the 2 year renewal! Hurray for Days!

Great news, even though we all crave better story lines that are more realistic, continuity and, in general, a return to the "Days" of old.

Let's celebrate!

200.gif

Stunned, I thought for sure this time it would be cancelled- looks like Days is the Energizer bunny of TV shows, it just keeps going and going...

It looks like modern day fans enjoy watching crap (the quality of the show IMO has not improved at all since the move to Peacock yet people are still watching?!). The storylines are still terrible and it doesn't look like the budget has been increased at all so what was the point of moving it to Peacock and forcing people to pay to watch it?!

This renewal also serves as a vote of confidence to the current regime which means the crappy head writer isn't going anywhere which sucks!

The move to Peacock was probably due to it being cheaper for the show. The shame of it is that Corday does nothing at all to change the headwriting...doubt Re-Ron would have lasted half as long if Betty & Ted Corday were around (Ron's parents, who were far better writers). Don't know why he won't go for someone else, unless other writers refuse to come to Days for some reason or other.

Back