Days sets/locations that vanished

There was an emergency clinic, where Kayla used to work, if I remember correctly (in the beginning of her story with Steve :love: ) .

There was also Shenanigan's, owned by Chris Kositchek (now Roman).

Steve's old dingy basement apartment.

The Brady Fish market, before it became the Brady Pub.

Shane's living room (though I think this was the base for Dimansion later)

Yes Donovan Manor was the DiMansion. Jason47 posted a thread about it a couple weeks ago complete with video.

I miss Rafe's loft too. It looked an awful lot like the loft where Shawn and Mimi briefly lived. The Salem communal loft was across the hall but we never saw it when Rafe and Sami lived in the building.

Ah, the Pier...I miss that set the most.

Let's not forget Quinn's spa.

Quinn's spa.... HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Some businessman. He invested all this money opening it and kept for 2 months before taking off.

I miss the Pier. I also don't understand why so many people living in what look like hotels. Daniel's a high-toned surgeon, but he's still in that tiny apartment. The Kiriakis sarcophagus was bigger.

Quinn's spa.... HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Some businessman. He invested all this money opening it and kept for 2 months before taking off.

I miss the Pier. I also don't understand why so many people living in what look like hotels. Daniel's a high-toned surgeon, but he's still in that tiny apartment. The Kiriakis sarcophagus was bigger.

I'm still trying to figure out what the point was of bringing back Quinn for a few months after he left with Taylor. He did nothing but open the spa and talk to the younger set.

Well, the fish market burned down, which is why the Pub got built. Don't mind that, because it was explained. John brought the bar from Ireland as a surprise for Shawn, Sr.

It is just there are sets we would see all the time......I would expect that after both Steve & Kayla left the show, we would no longer see their home, (sold, new owners, blah, blah) but those homes, like Bo & Hope's, just vanish into thin air. Heck, we no longer even see "upstairs" at the Pub. I remember when Arianna's room (Gabi's sister) was up there, as was Gabi's, along with CAroline's personal living quarters.
Heck, St. Luke's office where we constantly saw Eric, has vanished.
I hate when sets we see all the time just disappear.
Although I did not mind at all when that dinky, dumb, stupid little cubby hole that Carrie called an office for her detective agency vanished. LOL. 2 desks, a broken A/C, and some ice cubes. Not room for much more. LOL

I also remember that when a couple would leave the show or move, another couple would move into their home. Examples are Bo and Hope living in Jack and Jen's old house, Jen in the Horton home, Lexie and Abe in Roman and Marlena's house, Donovan Manor becoming the DiMansion. Aside from Abe and Lexie, most of these were cases where the show just said the couple had a purchased a new home and expected us not to recognize the old set.

Gotta tell you, it has griped me for ages that corporate exec Kate lived in a hotel room. She makes tons of money. Heck, a hotel room would not have the space for all her clothes, shoes, jewelry, makeup, etc. etc. She didn't have a suite....just the room. So now she finally is at DiMansion.

Back