Days - Thurs. Jan 14 2010

Has Mike been mentioned? Didn't Mickey raise him as his son for years? Did things end badly with them? I don't remember.

To the best of my recollection, Mike & Mickey had a fairly good relationship.
He wasn't the only MIA, what about Jennifer?
Maybe they'll be mentioned at the 'luncheon'.

I just watched this episode. Oh, Maggie is sooooo beautiful!!

I have to laugh at the 'Troy and the hit man' scenes. I would have thought that a part of the hit man's job is to stalk and be ready when the right moment presents itself. Instead we have Troy doing the stalking and then calling the hit man. I have this mental image of the hit man at home watching TV with feet up and a beer in hand just waiting for Troy to call him. LOL

Ah yes, once again the hit man from "The 3 Stooges Agency" fails....where do they find these guys...?????

And Poirot and DJM, I noticed the toast and the bottles and glasses being in the scene prominently too.....yeppers, Maggie's going to start drinking again....

But gosh dang, her fur coat is gorgeous (I never get tired of gushing about it... :wink: )

I Can't Wait to See the Show Tomorrow, Barb! Thanks!

The sneak preview I saw had me crying pockets and sobbing. I absolutely love the Hortons and always have. More than the Bradys actually (or most of them anyway).

LOVED when Nathan gave his eulogy and said he hopes someday to find a woman he loves as much as his Grandpa Mickey loved Maggie. Did anyone catch how he was looking at Melanie when he said that and the look on Stephanie and Melanie's face????????? It is far from over between Nathan and Melanie. Philip is a joke and should run off to Vegas and marry Stephanie. Then I don't care what happens with those two.

Melanie is probably Dr. Dan The Lover Man's child. It would give a storyline for Chloe and Dr. Dan.

Carly and Dr. Dan should run off together and do us all a favor.

I think Anna is going to double cross EJ and leave Sydney at Sami's door. Her conscience will kill her finally and EJ won't be able to get his hands on the five million I read somewhere so there's nothing in it for Anna anymore anyway at that point.

I can't stand Stefano or EJ and I don't want to see little Sydney around either of those contemptuous bozos. She's a bit young to be influenced by their immorality but in Salem time it won't take long before she is Mia's age and then she will be influenced by those two lousy creeps.

The gunman scene with Ari sounds like it will be a big joke. Shades of Batman alright! Brady isn't all that tough. They should have had Rafe show up instead. MUCH more believable! But then I guess Brady needs to be a savior to a woman in distress like Chloe said and save her so this would fit right in with that wouldn't it (though he doesn't know why the creepoid was really there so that part makes no sense as yet). I think the writers will make Arianna even more of a victim in the next few weeks and this will cement Brady to her for now until she no longer needs him whenever that turns out to be.

Carly needs to ride of into the sunset with Dr. Dan and Bo needs a frontal lobotomy. He makes me sooooooooooo mad now! I actually feel sorry for Hope. Yes she was an idiot all this time but no one deserves being cheated on.

Did anyone notice .... near the beginning, when Stefano got the report and was reading it over .... there was a definite tremor in at least his right hand (maybe both) ... now is that deliberate acting to show that Stefano is ailing, getting weaker .... or does Joe Mascolo, who's getting on in years (he'll be 81 in March), have something ailing him in real life?

Yes, I also noticed that tremor of Stefano's hand. I didn't realize how old he really is ... I looked it up and he was born in March 1929. I think he looks good! I find it hard to believe that Stefano hasn't found Sydney yet. I don't know exactly what EJ has planned but I doubt it goes the way he thinks it will. I would like it if Anna gives Sydney back to Sami. She's after the money and if EJ has trouble getting it ..... well then, ?? I think Stefano and his "people" are going to be watching him pretty closely ....

Looks like another day of :cry2: Especially with all the flash backs.
I think my husband thinks I am crazy for crying over a soap opera....but y'all know how it is....someone pass a tissue please.

Wonderful flashbacks...that part is very well done

as for Viv! Viv viv viv....I thought you were smarter then that! LOL!

Barb, your summary was better than the show.

I found the pseudo-funeral very disappointing. Why couldn't they have that eulogy in church? And why did they have Melissa miss the funeral? That was awful. As someone else mentioned, Lucas should have been there. No excuse. Mickey deserved better. And couldn't they find a more dignified picture? That sweater looked silly.

Did Hope say that she was leaning on Bo at the last funeral they went to? That would be Shawn's funeral, not Zack's.

Did anyone get a decibel reading when Carly shouted to Bo "My daughter hates me. Melanie hates me"? Vivian could have heard her clear across town. Note to self: Don't share any confidences with Carly.

Thanks for the wonderful summary Poirot!

I believe Stefano knows more than we were led to believe. When he said he was going to teach EJ a lesson from the master, I got the eerie feeling that he was talking about more than money. Stefano usually finds out secrets and reveals his knowledge in his own special way.

I did not like Brady guarding the Horton back door when EJ arrived. It was pointless. We know he doesn't like EJ. Big whoop. Why is a time that should be about Mickey and his family being used to highlight personal grudges? Brady doesn't know everything, despite the fact that he thinks so. I love him, but really? EJ did work for Mickey and I would have had a problem if he didn't acknowledge that or extend himself to the family.

And Poirot and DJM, I noticed the toast and the bottles and glasses being in the scene prominently too.....yeppers, Maggie's going to start drinking again....

I'm not looking forward to that. :(

I did not like Brady guarding the Horton back door when EJ arrived. It was pointless. We know he doesn't like EJ. Big whoop. Why is a time that should be about Mickey and his family being used to highlight personal grudges? Brady doesn't know everything, despite the fact that he thinks so. I love him, but really? EJ did work for Mickey and I would have had a problem if he didn't acknowledge that or extend himself to the family.

Not only that .... Brady isn't even a Horton! So, he definitely should have kept his mouth shut! Doug handled it with a little class! AND, to avoid making waves, EJ even used the back door, rather than appearing out front. Give him credit for that. (as much as I detest him)

Would it not be just like Stefano to buy back all the stocks that EJ is selling? LOL.
EJ's shenanigans have hurt the Hortons in the past..after all, Lucas IS a Horton. & Mickey's offering a job to EJ was only because EJ faked the "deportation" threat. And EJ repaid that by abruptly leaving the firm. Remember that Mickey said he was semi=retiring and wanting to lighten his work load. And EJ was lying all the while.
Maggie is not only Lucas's aunt, but his AA sponsor as well.

EJ could have gone to the service, stood in the back, sent flowers, and called Maggie besides sending a card.

Barb, your summary was better than the show.

I found the pseudofuneral very disappointing. Why couldn't they have that eulogy in church? And why did they have Melissa miss the funeral? That was awful. As someone else mentioned, Lucas should have been there. No excuse. Mickey deserved better. And couldn't they find a more dignified picture? That sweater looked silly.

Did Hope say that she was leaning on Bo at the last funeral they went to? That would be Shawn's funeral, not Zack's.

Did anyone get a decibel reading when Carly shouted to Bo "My daughter hates me. Melanie hates me"? Vivian could have heard her clear across town. Note to self: Don't share any confidences with Carly.

The last funeral I remember Bo and Hope at was Grace's. They were there to support Sami.

Back