"Days" vet removed from credits

Jason47

Reaction score
Brady matriarch, and Days legend, Peggy McCay (Caroline) removed from credits.

17991314_911547835654158_7223664601257370341_o.jpg

Peggy McCay, who had been on a leave of absence from "Days of Our Lives" since March 2016, was removed from the credits today. McCay made her debut as Caroline Brady on February 7, 1983 at Roman and Marlena's wedding and stayed for just 3 episodes. She returned to the show on July 17, 1985 and had been a part of the cast ever since.

Her last appearance, in scenes with Theresa at the Brady Pub, was on August 24, 2016. McCay was nominated 5 times for a Daytime Emmy for her role as Caroline (1986, 1987, 2013, 2015, 2016). She won a Primetime Emmy in 1991 for guest actress on the drama "The Trials of Rosie O'Neill." McCay has been working as a professional actress since she graduated college in 1949. Her first appearance on TV was 68 years ago on an episode of "Kraft Television Theatre" (July 13, 1949).

Her first foray into daytime TV was on "Love of Life" in 1951. "Days" has yet to make an official comment on whether McCay has retired for good or will be making any more appearances in the future. The actress will be 90 in November. McCay wrote this message of thanks to the "Days" cast and crew for the show's 35th anniversary: "Every day I work with all of you is a truly happy day of my life."

Last edited:
Aww, she went out to help Kimberly, or whatever it was that Roman last said she did, and is probably gone forever. I shall miss her terribly, although it was getting clear in her last couple of appearances that she is *very* old, and probably time to retire.

Awww, I suspected that perhaps she might not be back. She had asked for the leave of absence, I don't think her health was all that good. Bless her heart. Guess that is why Roman "retired" from the P.D. and is now at the Pub. It truly was kind of hard to understand that no family member was in charge, even overseeing the help, etc. I was expecting the Pub to be sold ....heck, that Club TBD has changed hands a few times, partners buying out partners, I think Adrienne ran it for a while, for Sonny, then sold it for him......

Anyway, I am glad Caroline Brady is out enjoying the nice weather in CA with her daughter, Kim, And I wish the very best to Peggy McCay, and a Huge Thank YOU for being such a wonderful Brady Mom.

Update from Peggy McCay's (Caroline) cousin:

Peggy McCay's cousin/fan club president, Denise Kiel Smith, posted this comment today on my FB page:

"Thank you for your acknowledgement of Peggy. I always wished she would've received a Lifetime Achievement Award. As Peggy's cousin and president of her fan club I can say that she had serious surgery and had a long difficult recovery. When there was a small storyline for her she wasn't ready to return. Since then she hasn't been back. Peggy's fan club is still active and I print out FB comments for her to read. She's working on a documentary which is near completion. Peggy has been slowly working on her biography, too. She's finally getting to spend with her precious dogs Ollie and Emmy. She'll be thrilled to see all the love."

Sad that Caroline will not be back in Salem soon. I hope in the future she returns even if for a couple episodes so that Days can give her a deserved farewell tribute. I still have several favorite scenes with Caroline. She was so good during the Marlena possession story. And her speech at Will and Sonny's wedding was touching and heart warming. All my best to the actress.

Back