Days - Wed. - 4/29/20

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So far........no show......Nearly 25 min. have passed......

Got the last 1/2 hr. Jack is with Abby in hospital, really good scenes, as she tells him what happened with her previously, her stay in Bayview, how she & Gabi were good friends, but no longer. Jack understands, Abby mentions what she did to Andre, Jack knows Gabi went to prison for that, got beat up, can no longer have kids. They really have good scenes here. Jack sorry he wasn't here for her before, but is now.

Chad is down at the cop shop, accusing Gabi of drugging Abby, she denies, Rafe wants proof. Chad shows him the test results, Abby being given a hallucinatory drug, Gabi has done it before, tells of her coming over, grabbing champagne bottle, could have spike Abby's glass/drink. Rafe says not proof, Chad leaves, says he figured Rafe would stick up for his sister, but she is going to pay. With Chad gone, Rafe asks her if she drugged Abby, of course not, she replies. He wants her to swear on Arianna's life....Gabi cannot believe he would ask her to do that, he wonders why she hesitates, in comes Zoey interrupting, Gabi uses this as chance to take off.

Zoey informs Rafe the judge tossed out his restraining order against her dad & brother, they are family, will be able to see David. They argue a bit, she is very confident of Rafe losing his case for adoption. She leaves.

At the hospital, Kayla has evidently given Steve the bad news his eye cannot be repaired, tends to it, having brought his eye patch with her. He figures just like old times. He talks of what he did while possessed, she assures him everyone knows it wasn't him, he feels differently, she talks of him forgiving himself. Hope arrives, Kayla leaves. Hope & Steve yak, he has nowhere to go, she suggests Jack, he figures Jack & Jen just got back together. Upshot, he is dressed, in wheelchair, Hope pushing, signs papers Kayla gives him, thanks her......see ya around. Hope pushes him away.
Chad returns to hospital, tells Jack & Abby what happened, Gabi denying, but he is going to make her pay.

Orpheus meets with John & Marlena, trying to strike up a deal whereby if he helps them get Brady off (he thinks he has super connections, evidently) then after, he will give his terms for helping him (Orpheus). John &Marlena say bye, and leave. At home, John says he wants to sniff around, make Orpheus think perhaps he would agree to working with him, find out what is up.

Evan & Zoey chatter away, she insists he tell her what it is that he and father did, she has to be prepared, and reminds him he could lose custody. He says it was horrible......but of course tells her off camera. They refer to what he told her, she must not tell anyone, she cannot even tell father that Evan told her. She promises, Orpheus comes upon them, asks what they are talking about, Zoey says nothing, then has to rush to court for judge opinion. (see above).

Gabi is in the square, (Amazing it is so warm there already, the way she is dressed) she sees a man standing in front of the shop. She stops, staring. He turns, profile view, (Jake) her jaw drops.

I am 40 minutes in but have no show because NBC is just black. It hasn't even said having technical difficulties! This happened last week but only for 15 minutes. I have no idea what the problem is but it is very annoying.

I'm not much help. The only part I saw of the first half was Gabi in Rafe's office. The closed captioning showed her complaining to Rafe about Chad.

Just finished speaking in my state senator's phone "townhall meeting". Had to take notes on other speakers' remarks/questions so I missed most of the closed captioning.

Or she was pricked with something when she tried on Stefano's ring.

That was after Stevano was taken away, and Chad was changing back to himself. She found the ring on the table, and tried it on. Then put it in a drawer.

The thing about the ring, Chad had been wearing it, he was just hypnotized, was not hallucinating. He took it off, yes, she put it on for a few seconds, then took it off. The only other person we know was in the house, besides Gabi, was Li Shin. That is not to say someone could not have spiked the bottle of booze she was using, knowing it was a fav of hers????

I think Chad is off too.

well if her baby was one of the babies involved in the baby switch I can't imagine her being that calm quiet... so did Evan tell her something else?
Of course I haven't seen the show so I don't know if she was calm....
Doesn't Gabi always dress as if it's warm out.....
Gabi was dressed like a dominatrix today. All she needed was a whip.

Rafe: He really ought to insist that Abe find money in the city budget to hire him a secretary. The way people can barge right into the commissioner's office unannounced is simply ridiculous. Rafe should also learn to say "talk to my lawyer" when obnoxious Zoey turns up wanting to gloat abour the latest news in the he Baby Tate custody battle. He really shouldn't be talking to the attorney for the other side.

Steve: He seems to be joining Hope in the Salem guilt-trip society. If these two are so determined to apologize for things they did while under Steve-ano's control, maybe they should set up a card table in the Town Square and offer their mea culpas to people who wander by.

Gabi: If she wants to restart her business career, she ought to do something about her wardrobe. (Today's outfit was a new low.) Authors of "dress-for-success" books would gag at the sight of her.

Salem courts: The Salem judicial system has a long and sorry history (just like the police department), but today it hit a new low with a ruling that granted temporary visitation rights to an accused murderer and kidnapper and a vicious, sadistic career criminal. The Salem Bar Association should immediately form a blue-ribbon committee to lobby for a thorough housecleaning of the sorry Salem bench. Unfit doesn't begin to describe the current crop of Salem judges.

well if her baby was one of the babies involved in the baby switch I can't imagine her being that calm quiet... so did Evan tell her something else?
Unless - and I'm speculating here - her baby was dying, she knew it, Orpheus took the baby away and he & Evan stashed the real Mickey somewhere else (rather than giving it to her). So she's already grieved her baby.

This would make sense if Orpheus were orchestrating the switch as some form of punishment against Victor and/or John/Marlena rather than just because Zoey's baby...again speculating...died.

But who really knows?

I also think Gabi is a red herring, but have no idea who might be drugging Abigail. Again, this is totally out of left field.

Thanks, Poirot.

What a let down. Evan told Zoey his secret, but we don't know what it is

I'm glad Rafe gave a good talking to to Gabi about how she reacts to stuff.
She's gets upset, she does something stupid and expects him to fix it.

I was surprised Gabi got in the store by picking the store lock with one of the
metal flowers.

Nice scenes with Abby and Jack.

It was odd to see Steve at the end of the bed so Kayla could fix his eye. Then
I realized that way the camera wouldn't see the actor's good eye.

Based on today, I'm guessing Gabi is innocent of this charge, but her dastardly past makes her seem guilty. Her brother launching in on her could be the beginning of a reformation tour. She realizes that she's burned through every ounce of goodwill from her friends and family. She'll do selfless things for two months, and then, right as people forgive her, a la Kristen, the writers will turn right around have her stab someone.

Back