Days - What I like about you

Little-Sweetness

Reaction score
I made this thread because I've been feeling like a complete Negative Nancy about the show these past few weeks. I'm angry about Steve leaving, I'm angry about what they've done to Hope's character. I'm angry that Stefan is even a thing, and the list goes on. But at the end of the day, I realize that I am posting on a Days of Our Lives FAN forum. And while this summer sweeps has had more bad than good, in my humble opinion, I'm going to post something positive, darn it!
Feel free to join in if you need a pick-me-up.

What I like about Days:

- I like every single scene that Victor Kiriakis is in. His character has always reminded me of my father; and ever since I lost my dad back in January, I've enjoyed his scenes even more.
- I like and appreciate every Steve and Kayla scene we get; even more so now that Steve is leaving. And when Steve is gone, I'll like every scene Kayla is in because she's a fantastic character.
- I like scenes filmed at the Brady Pub, and wish that I had a local dive like that to go to.
- I like Will's discovery of Rolf's diary and the implications that there are other presumed dead characters like Will that will be turning up in the future.
- I like John and Marlena, and even though it's wedding number who-the-world-knows-how-many, I'd watch them get married every day until eternity if that meant seeing them together.
- I like Ben as a sane character, and I'm looking forward to seeing him interact with Ciara more and with other people in Salem.

I definitely like Steve, their love for each other no matter what, Kayla adores him.
I really like Eric, I liked him as a priest, too, sorry that he no longer is one, but hopefully, ERic is going to get some meat material, soon.
I like that the characters are spending more time at the Pub, and love that Roman took over running the family spot. I vaguely recall a radio show, Just had to go try to look it up.......Duffy's Tavern...where the elite meet to eat, Duffy ain't here, Archie the manager speaking. LOLOL.
Yes, the Pub is a great place to hang out, sort of like Shananigan's used to be, only better clientele......lol
I like the new Ciara, who has ....as Mr. Grant used to say......a lot of spunk. (Mr. Grant - Mary Tyler Moore show)
I love Lucas, just wish he had more and better story
I like that Will has not deserted Paul as his memories return
I like Victor's snark, and absolutely LOVE John's new look. !!!

I love Steve and Kayla and their interactions with Tripp. I wish they would bring back Joe and Stephanie too.
I enjoy Roman interacting with younger characters like Eric and Jeannie T and JJ.
I love that Chloe is back on contract. Just wish she would be used more.
I like what I see with Claire/Tripp and Ciara/Ben so far.
I think backburnering Hope and Rafe's forced romance has actually been good for them as a couple. I'm at a point where I'm indifferent but still wish Sami would come back with Rafe's kid to stir things up.
I like that the alter story is still driving story.
I'm excited for the John and Marlena wedding and hope all of their kids and grandkids return for it.
I'm happy Jen and Adrienne have The Spectator but wish it would be used to drive more story.

What I like about Days:

Jack is rumored to be returning - alive! - to the show. Just 7 years late........but........
John & Marlena's love story remains true and we have a wedding in their future.
Steve & Kayla: adored this couple, like Bo & Hope and Jack & Jen since day one. Their relationship rings true to the core.
Chad has turned into a richly dimensional character.

Sorry folks that is it for now.

deleted spoiler line ...not a spoiler thread....if it has not happened...not a spoiler - P

Last edited by a moderator:
It is common knowledge now, articles in mags, all over internet, etc. It is not by choice. And he is not fired, his contract period ended.

You are right...if it hasn't happened on screen it IS a spoiler, however I was assuming she meant Steve, the actor... Steve, The character, so far, is not leaving.

I like Ben and Ciara, and love that Ciara points out Hope's holier than thou attitude.
I like that Theresa is gone from the show, hopefully FOREVER.
I like the fact Eve is about to be blown out of the water.
I like Gabi putting the screws to Abigail, and I LOVE that Chad is like "not sure we can survive you having my brothers baby", although I am sure he will come back around and give in to her AGAIN.
I like that Chloe is back on the scene, but I don't like her with Lucas.....hoping she can find a new man.
I like that Jennifer is back to being somewhat of a reporter and has a job and a life of her own.
I like that JJ is still around and would love to see him have a bit of happiness for all the good he does for others.

I just love my soap, even when the writing is "bad" I stick with it! I have been watching since 1977 (I was 5) and only missed a few years when I didn't have cable, but I kept up in SOD! I have only recently thought of quitting because of the Stefan/Abigail story. I thought Days would be more sensitive to this topic, and I regret that they went this route again. I think it poorly portrays women in general and I just won't watch those scenes! But sticking with it in hopes they wrap it up quickly.

Back