Daytime Emmy Awards

You're all welcome.

It was tougher than I thought it would be. I was using my laptop last night
watching a movie. I was trying to watch Emmy show too, but I had to keep
refreshing the site I was using.

I was able to watch most of Bill and Susan Hayes (Doug & Julie) award and
the speech they gave.

Thanks Kat. I was driving home from San Diego. Must say I am surprised that Days won the writing award. WHAT did they submit?? Something we haven't seen yet??? Or did the voting academy think the Stefan0/Gabby rape story was amazing??? Considering that it is a story of abuse, rape and mental illness, and not in a let's help someone sort of way but let's exploit someone who has serious mental illness.

Super happy that James Reynolds (Abe) and Greg Vaughn (Eric) won. They both did amazing work last year.

The honors were for last year, not anything for this year. If you check Jason47's site, where he lists the writers, both Dena Higley & Ron Carlivati are listed as headwriters.

Am sure he probably has or knows what was submitted for Days itself.

Wonderful night for Days!

Anyone know how best drama, best directing, best writing are voted on? Are there clips or reels submitted? If so, which scenes I wonder? I’d like to see what Days submitted for last year.

Days submitted scenes from the double wedding between Sonny/Paul, Chad/Abby, as well as scenes from JJ's standalone episode for the Emmys.

I watched the Emmys live, but it dragged on way too long. However, I did enjoy watching my boy Greg Vaughn (Eric) win his Emmy. I hope now that he is an Emmy winner, the show will get a good story for him. I also loved the tribute to Bill and Susan Hayes (Doug and Julie). I just feel Casey Moss (JJ) should have won for younger actor.

That standalone episode was outstanding. No surprise there that it was submitted, and it probably was the thing that skewed everything in their favor. I agree that JJ should have won, on the strength of that performance.

Back