Daytime: Week of 2/1 (may contain spoilers)

missharleyquinn

Reaction score
Just putting it out there. I'm catching up on a couple weeks' worth all at once. Nothing has been keeping my interest well lately!

I have seriously fallen asleep every time I've tried to watch GH. I've been trying to catch up in the mornings and evenings and can't even make it through a full episode. I think I'm going to give up, find some summaries and hope it picks up over the next couple of weeks. All of daytime is dull lately.

One thing that I did notice before dozing off, though, Christopher Whitesell is writing for GH now.

Last edited:
I think it's funny that GH, Y&R and B&B haven't been interesting enough for us to be commenting on lately.
I was wondering what happened to these threads. Even my twitter is pretty silent on GH/B&B.

GH:
Edited to add - Buzz is that Michael Easton (ex-Silas, ex-John, ex-Stephen/Caleb) is returning as a new character. Colour me unimpressed!! Seriously - are there not dozens of out-of-work actors roaming the countryside? And we keep hiring the same guy for the same show? Oy vey!!

Last edited:
GH

Jason, if that is true about Michael Easton that is SO dumb. What is the point?? I actually liked him as John McBain, didn't care for the Stephen/Caleb crap, thought Silas was just ok. I'm still mad about the whole issue with Prospect Park (or whatever) re: the One Life to Live characters. I thought the writers did a pretty good job of interweaving those characters into the show but when they had to cease those characters due to legal issues and then brought the actors back as different characters it just did not work and is still not working. I can't stand Franco or Kiki and never will.

Anywho, I'm actually enjoying GH for the most part lately. It's definitely holding my attention much more than Days. I'm ready for Paul to be nailed by Anna but I'm wondering if this will get dragged out a little longer due to Sabrina being gone now with Carlos. I'd sure like to know what happened with the baby though! I wonder if Jason will end up saving Sam. I hope he keeps remembering his past and actually at this point I'd like it to come flooding back because this aspect of the story has dragged out way too long. Kiki and Morgan can go jump off the nearest pier and I would not miss them at all. I'm intrigued by this Kristina story with her professor.

Y&R

I only watch sporadically. To be honest the only story holding my attention is the one with Sage/Nick and the nefarious doctor. I can't wait for them to find out about Sully really being Christian. I'm still wondering though if Adam is really the father and not Nick.

GH:

When Michael Easton left last year on GH it was very unpopular with the fans. Lots of online petitions, etc so I think that has something to do with it. I didn't care for Silas at the start but once they dropped is arrogant condescending crap I did

GH:

I don't know why they can't just make Silas not dead, say it was a setup to nail Nina's mom and that he's been in witness protection or something.

I finally gave in and just caught up on the last 3-4 episodes, because they were a lot better than the couple weeks prior. I like Alexis & Olivia right now, I think their bonding over this case is believable. And I like Nina coming in to the fold. It's good to see her interacting with characters who aren't Franco. She finally has her own personality and I like it. I like Franco getting involved with Jake/Elizabeth, too. I do not like Dante/Lulu reconciling, I think their time has passed and I'm over them. I'd rather see her with Dillon and him with Valerie. I'm also beyond ready to see Jason's memories all come back. This has all been dragged out for so long.

GH:
I'm still mad about the whole issue with Prospect Park (or whatever) re: the One Life to Live characters. I thought the writers did a pretty good job of interweaving those characters into the show but when they had to cease those characters due to legal issues and then brought the actors back as different characters it just did not work and is still not working.
I'm also mad about the whole issue. But I was an OLTL fan and followed the characters there, only to see them treated awfully. Then the OLTL reboot happened, those characters vanished (unfortunately the OLTL reboot chose not to ignore what GH had done), and I thought GH did a great job connecting Michael's previous character (Caleb) from the spinoff. Silas was just boring.

Now that OLTL is officially dead, if they bring him back, it should be as McBain. Just my opinion. As to fan reaction, what I have seen on twitter is very negative. Many GH fans feel the Exec Producer is trying to hard to make the show OLTL. That's their opinion.

GH:

I just think bringing him back as another character is silly, at this point. They shouldn't ever have killed him off in the first place, but he hasn't been gone a year yet and still gets mentioned all the time (at least every time Kiki is mad at Ava). They could say his death was faked in order to get Nina's mom in prison, and also to help draw Ava out of her role playing or something, wasn't she still "Denise" when Silas died?

GH

I never watched OLTL but I thought the characters of John, Todd, and Starr fit into the GH canvas very well. In fact, I liked the pairings (or potential pairings) with Sam, Carly, and Michael (respectively) but yet when they changed to Silas, Franco, and Kiki I either didn't have much opinion about it or downright loathed it, as in the case of Franco/Carly. And once the other actress left the role of Kiki and they brought in the other gal, game over.

Ok, I need Sam to be found already. Wasn't it last Thursday or Friday when she fell down the stairs or has this just felt like a really long week? LOL. I just adore that baby who plays Avery. She is so cute and I love that she is so talkative and says "mommy" and "daddy" or today she was playing with Ava's necklace and said "purple". LOVE it!

Where on earth are they going with this Dante/Lulu crap? Seriously, I don't think they know what they're doing and it just comes across as a whole lot of nothing onscreen. Am I supposed to care? Am I supposed to be rooting for them to get back together? I liked the prospect of Dillon/Lulu when he first arrived last summer but I'm not feeling the chemistry here. I really wish they would have brought Johnny back with the intention of exonerating him of his past crimes and give him a longterm contract. I liked the chemistry with Lulu and I feel like there could have been a better story there with Dante. It would have been a little crowded but just think of the possibilities (romantic or otherwise) with Nathan/Maxie/Johnny/Lulu/Dante/Valerie/Dillon.

GH:

I think Sam fell either Friday or Monday but I can't be sure because I've watched multiple episodes at a time this week. Seems like it was Monday, maybe. I rolled my eyes so hard when Dream Jason showed up. Give me a freaking break.

GH

Can they just stop with making Jake all creepy? Also Liz lies so much I can't stand it.

I hope Michael Easton is a better character or Silas. I LOVE both him and John McBain but for my own selfish reasons hope it's not John I like to imagine my happily ever after with John and Natalie (OLTL). NO vampire crap please.

With all the baby talk with Nina and Franco and Sabrina giving birth, I hope there are no kidnappings.

GH:

Can they just get rid of Jake again? It'll cut ties between Liz and Jason. Where has Carly's daughter been? As obsessed as she is with Children of the Corn, she'd love creepy Jake. I just can't like him or anything he's involved in (except Franco getting involved with him).

Speaking of Franco, I have a feeling when Nina finds out how involved he's been with Liz and Jake, she's going to be mad. However, I don't see Nina stealing any more babies. I think they're trying to revamp her character a little bit, make her eccentric but not full-blown nuts.

And I know they needed a way to have Sabrina off screen for a few weeks, but I despise this whole Carrrrrlos angle. I hate that he's fathered her child, hate even more that he's alive. He's so useless and creepy. Maybe he can kidnap Jake next time he's in Port Charles.

GH:

Old Joss, Hannah Nordberg, was recast. She was in Dolly Parton's tv movie Coat of Many Colors. She was really good in it. New Joss is Eden McCoy

GH

Good grief, Jason still hasn't made it to Sam yet. Go downstairs, please!! I'm hoping that now that Jake was hit by a car once again and they are going to therapy and stuff that maybe he'll turn a corner now and not be so creepy. At least he was finally able to fess up about Sam, sort of. I understand Nina wanting to have a child and being angry that virtually all of her child-bearing years were wasted away in a coma but Franco is right about them likely never being able to adopt a child. But it's a soap so... I'm sorry, but I just can't with this Kiki/Morgan story. I usually FF all their scenes and I'm certainly not here for some impotency due to the meds story. No thanks. I am slightly intrigued by this new character, the doctor. I liked how they introduced him too. I imagine he and Sonny will be butting heads soon since it looks like he will be one of his first patients. It was nice to see Carly act like a decent human being toward Elizabeth although I get why she's normally not that way. LOL.

Back