Departing...arriving part 20

I would think that she and EJ will implode, and that Nicole and Eric will have a dramatic scene, like " I will always love you, BUT...." and off she goes and he stays behind with the scowl on his face. (unless it is a well kept secret that he has stopped filming too).

A very reliable birdie told me that Eric is in fact leaving. I don't have a primary source, but I trust the person who told me (former poster on the board) who has seen the first-hand information. It's also being touted on social media, not by my source but by another, that he was let go because his story was tied to hers (although he does appear in the 15000th episode).

I am trying to track down the first hand source, and was waiting for something official, but given today's episode and others' speculating, I thought I would share it here.

Please consider this somewhat speculative for the time being.

I also have heard that Greg Vaughan (Eric) is gone, and from a very reliable source. Also that Brandon Barash (Stefan) was let go. Less reliable but still pretty sure. Both should finish airing in December.
Have you heard anything if Dan Feuerriegel (EJ) is leaving?

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of what we are now hearing about is result of actions by the ex EXEC producer, who is not longer with the show. But his antics were allowed, not stopped, etc. etc. Actors stuck it out to the end of their contracts. And everyone is always tightlipped about what goes on behind the scenes..and if they finally decide to break that silence......well, look what happened to Ari Zucker (Nicole)

I'm sorry to now know we won't have Tony and Anna popping in every now and then, but I can see that the way they have been treated is disturbing. Come in for 3 or 4 shows then simply no longer on screen can be a terrible way to plan a schedule if you are an actor living on a different continent, let alone different state.

The fired guy sure left a mess that will take longer than this show has to clean up.

Tony hasn’t had a story in a while. He’s not even involved in most of the DiMera business fights. If they wanted to spice things up, they could give Tony some long lost kids instead of Stefano. Send he and Anna on a mystery with John and Steve.

Anna and Nicole were a fun pair. They could have had some intrigue that roped in Tony.

Obviously, they’re not interested in the older set except for a few people, and Tony’s lack of offspring means he’s not as involved in the younger plots.

Thaao Penghlis (Tony) does a lot of traveling, and is not as available as some other actors are. I really like his portrayals of both Tony & Andre', but he evidently has decided he needs more time for himself. Many actors have noted the pace for filming Days is not easy. And then, as people age, the don't have the stamina they once did....(and maybe he will appear in something in prime time? Who knows? )

If they wanted to spice things up, they could give Tony some long lost kids instead of Stefano.
It has always baffled me how long it took to get Stefano grandchildren given that he has 10+ kids. Tony has basically no backstory other than the island. Grafted kids should be a breeze.

Back