Departing...arriving part 20

Thaao Penghlis (Tony) was a real asset to Days and will be missed. The fact that he could play two vastly different characters on one show is testimony to his acting skills. His Tony was a strong, resolute character who unlike other DiMeras refused to be dominated by the overbearing Stefano, even refusing to refer to him as “Father.” Andre was a bizarre, unrestrained criminal who if played by another actor could have degenerated into a sick joke. As for an unknown Tony child, he/she could be explained by Tony and Anna’s desire to keep his/her existence secret from bad influences like Stefano, EJ, Rolf, Kristen and Stefan O. (Who would want their child around any of them?)

At one point (during one of the Olympic breaks), I was working on a story that would lead to Tony and Anna finding a child that would either have been Tony's or - David Banning's I think - by whatever woman they were both involved with back in the 1980s. I abandoned it because I figured a 40 year old wouldn't boo-hoo about his bio parents. Since then, we've had that exact story from John (twice) and Stefan.

It is so sad the direction the show took when that producer was there!!! What those actresses went through!!!

I don't know what is going to happen to Nicole's character but it sure won't be the same without her. I don't know how much longer I will watch the show. With the increase with the fee to keep Peacock I will not be renewing. Sometimes I think they are trying to kill this show!

I don't really know, but it seems they went to "streaming" the show, to save it. Costs were constantly rising and guess income wasn't. ?? But I also feel the fired guy's actions & decisions, have led to all that is going on.

It has been widely reported that the cast was just way too large......thus that may account for the number of cast leaving when contracts are up, and hardly any new characters arriving. As Kat noted, we have to wait and see as rumors fly right and left. The show itself, or the actor has to verify any departures, arrivals, renewals.

Back