Departing.... arriving part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only time we hear about anti-rejection drugs is if the plot calls for it, like Brady mentioning Rachel needed to take her meds when Jennifer offered to babysit. Then Jennifer talked about when Abby needed them as a baby and asked Jack if he remembered. He got all sad and reminded her how he took off after Abby was diagnosed with aplastic anemia as a baby and was gone for "a long time".

Brady should be talking them since he got Daniel's heart. Not sure if Abby would still need them for her bone marrow transplant. Claire should be taking them since she got Zack's liver. Jennifer might need them even though she got her own heart.

And none of those families are facing health care costs, because that would be realistic and darn depressing.
You would think the writers would like that to add even more depression to the mix! They like all the sadness.

I don't mind the bad things after all it is a soap, but there use to be humor. What happened to it?

Soaps used to be more realistic about health care costs. I remember Jake from Another World went into a coma with a whodunnit mystery. When he came out of it, he was greeted with a hefty bill from the hospital and tried to find work to pay for it.

I hope that she plays a character who is not too over the top. If she is coming long term, she would obviously be a potential love interest for Abe, which would be nice. Also, I hope her daughter is not a secret child of anyone, and is grown, and that she will go after Eli, since Lani is such a loser and doesn't deserve him. I know the show will never go there, but Lani should end up with Kristen.

Over the top and really stupid or really vindictive are the only way Ron can write women. He can't write intelligent smart strong independent women, the closest he gets is Kate and well.... she's have adult activities with someone barely legal...... and can be way over the top when needed.

Last edited:
I loved Jackee Harry on Another World and 227. I hope she brings some comedy and laughter to the show without becoming some crazy, over the top woman that Ron likes to write. She just might bring some light hearted storylines to Days, which the show desparately needs. And if she has a daughter, hopefully the daughter will be a new love interest for Eli, since Lani is such a bust. I also agree that Jackee Harry would be a good love interest for Abe.

Apparently, she is a woman whose name is Paulina, is connected to the Carvers, & came to Salem to connect again with family. No idea if true, read it a while ago today, cannot remember where, would post url if so. However, if I find it, I will. She just began filming, so won't be seen til into next year.

Found it....
https://shadowandact.com/jackee-harry-j ... ng-in-2021

If they're going to add Carvers, how about hunky Jett Carver, the former ISA agent and Salem U. security officer? Handsome Jett could distract Gwen from her awful plots, give Gabi somebody new to chase after, and provide temptation for Abigail to violate her marriage vows. He could also help Rafe at the Salem P.D., which is woefully short of qualified officers (i.e. those who aren't Kristen fans).
1607468624723.png
Jett: "Hey Uncle Abe, If Rafe needs
help on the Salem P.D., I'm just the
man."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back