Designated Survivor

It's only 10 episodes but you may be able to do a 30 day free trial of Netflix. I would go to their site and see what kind of promos they are offering.

I've always wanted to watch this show but never had the time. Catching up on 2 seasons plus a 3rd abbreviated one is a bit more do-able so as soon as I finish rewatching The Crown, I'll watch this.

warning.... Designated Survivor is VERY LEFT leaning......

I really enjoyed Season 3 and I am very left leaning.... but I want to warn you.... and yes the language is a bit rougher.....

Lauren Holly and is married to the character Anthony Edwards plays...... they are newer folks....

And yes Maggie Q is back and very prominent in the show.... but for the majority of the show she's not connected to the president......

If it is farther left then I am not interested in the new season. A make believe president should value all sides and work for unity until USA has the real thing. Just my opinion.

Darn, I was afraid the language would get bad going on Netflix. Is it all
the time? Do they say both bad words a lot?

Kat, I don't remember hearing the rougher language all the time.....(but then again, I've been watching Deadwood so.....) it is an election year..... Kirkland is running for president as an independent as his party has nominated someone else...... the former vice president is running a very dirty campaign.....former vp leaks news of Kirkland's sister in law who is trans..... and is now living in the white house..... his daughter is a pre teen starts her period this was a sweet episode...... there is an opioid addition story line and a lower the drug prices an immigration storyline..... and then there is Maggie Q's story line.....

Thanks for the info...I might watch one and see how it goes.

I had to stop reading a book series because they had to kept saying
one word all the time.

Last edited:
Egads, that doesn't sound like the Designated Survivor show I loved and watched faithfully.

I'm glad. I bet a lot of viewers were upset what the network did
to the show.

I am only a few episodes into season 3 and it’s so disappointing. I am not one who shies away from curse words but they are definitely using too much of them. There’s also some scenes that I found to be for shock factor but didn’t really add to the story for me. I’ll probably finish the series just to see how it ends but I can understand why it’s been cancelled.

Back